CRA proposes review of hospital bed management and medics as top priority

webfact

From the ThaiPBS link in the OP:

He asked the public not to worry too much about the importance of immune produced by each make of vaccine, noting that there are several more factors contributing to infection by the virus, the onset of symptoms and the protection from infection.

Edited by jerrymahoney

5 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

He is right.  This isn't even the peak of 5k cases per day.  We're about 2 weeks away from the peak.  And it's still rising.  

Hope it doesn't get like India did where people were throwing the dead bodies in the rivers

• Like 1

re the Twitter comment above about "undermining the trust in Sinovac"

Scientists say news about the Delta strain should not be disseminated in a sensationalising manner.

The Delta strain is significantly more infectious but it spreads the same way as the original virus. Like the original novel coronavirus, the Delta variant also spreads through ‘fleeting’ encounters and respiratory aerosols.

There is so much scaremongering going on over the 'Delta' variant or the 'Delta Plus' variant of the novel coronavirus contagion that started the COVID-19 pandemic that epidemiologists have begun to warn against the tone and tenor of news dissemination on the issue.

https://www.timesnownews.com/health/article/covid-delta-variant-is-in-the-air-you-breathe-dont-spread-panic-its-behaving-like-original-covid-virus/775982

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He proposed the scaling down of pro-active case finding, so there will be sufficient resources to focus on people who think they may be infected, or develop mild symptoms, so they will get tested

I've got to think about this a little longer... BRB

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's about to hit the fan, very soon and very quickly. They obviously can't see it coming.

I also think what's coming is going to be several orders of magnitude higher than what anyone expects.

It's going to get real bad, real quick in the coming weeks.

Bangkok figures have been steadily rising now the same variant has gone nationwide, it's about to explode.

Yeah, just take a look at the Bangkok subforum here. Hospitals closing ERs, deferring all but the most dire of surgeries.

And Samut Prakan has similar issues.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He proposed the scaling down of pro-active case finding

An interesting approach.

He's had a low profile, until the Sinopharm iniative. Based on these statements maybe best if he steps away from the limelight?

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

God, this man is quite utterly insane.

His entire theory is 'We do not know who has it, but we wont go looking for it, we we let it come to us, and we will just manage the beds as and when they turn up sick'

Ignoring the source to concentrate on the fallout is not a policy that we haven't seen before.

The Home Office’s Chief Scientific Adviser, John Aston, wrote to the chair of the Home Affairs Select Committee following the Home Secretary’s appearance last month, to make it clear that on 23 March, SAGE advised that the numbers of cases arriving from other countries were estimated to be insignificant when compared to the rate of in-country transmissions. 

https://homeofficemedia.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/05/response-to-coronavirus-border-policy-report/

If contentious decisions were a definition of insanity, then sane politicians would be as common as a 9 bob note. Selective memory and xenophobia are root of many an opinion.

• Sad 1

Yes, let's just manage the beds respirators and caregiver staff, that has worked so well in other countries. Quote from a former perspident: "It's just a few cases, maybe one or two at most, and it will go away soon by itself, like magically disappear, you'll see" and "If we stop the testing, cases will go away, it's the testing that makes cases go up".

Edited by AlQaholic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

God, this man is quite utterly insane.

His entire theory is 'We do not know who has it, but we wont go looking for it, we we let it come to us, and we will just manage the beds as and when they turn up sick'

With people in charge like this Thailand I pity what is about to happen to its populace in the next few months. I can see deaths coming to 100 soon - though I doubt they will be reported

I re read it several times.

Just silly jibberish.

Edited by metisdead
Animated trolling meme removed.
  • Like 1

Thai like to impress and show off with uniforms etc.

I do know, they still discriminate foreigners.

Sample:  

A school in north east said to teachers, that all teachers will be vaccinated next Tuesday. There is one single foreign teacher at that school.

Today, she became a message, said, that she will be disclosed from the vaccination.

Only the THAI teachers will be vaccinated!!!!!

Thai is so fascist!!!!!!!!!!!

And always believe the can hide it. 

I will never recommend to anybody.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

Thai like to impress and show off with uniforms etc.

I do know, they still discriminate foreigners.

Sample:  

A school in north east said to teachers, that all teachers will be vaccinated next Tuesday. There is one single foreign teacher at that school.

Today, she became a message, said, that she will be disclosed from the vaccination.

Only the THAI teachers will be vaccinated!!!!!

Thai is so fascist!!!!!!!!!!!

And always believe the can hide it. 

I will never recommend to anybody.

And if the Thai teachers had any morals they would refuse vaccination until their farang collegue is included in the program. 

I'll not hold my breath though waiting for them to show solidarity. Thailand is most definitely a dog eat dog, me, me, me selfish country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1