Phuket welcomes multitude of international flights in first 5 days

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

EL AL Israel Airlines from Tel Aviv and Ben Gurion

Isn´t Ben Gurion the airport of Tel Aviv and the only international airport in Israel?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Since arriving tourists have already been vaccinated with the higher quality jabs, not the local junk, and been tested and shown to be covid negative, no need for a sandbox at all. 

The local official clowns need to face the fact that tourists are taking a far greater risk than the locals, by being exposed to the Thais. The only ones testing positive are locals, after all. 

End the quarantine now. End all restrictions and eliminate all hurdles now. Embrace science. Grow up. Man up. Get some courage. Face the music. Do the right thing just once in your careers. 

What about internal tourists?

Are we able to take a flight from, Bangkok to Phuket and ingke with these "newcomers"?

Of course, most of us can't get a vaccine yet but, what the hell?

If I try to book a flight, from BKK, will I have to have the clear tests first?  How is all that going to work?

Phuket may as well be a separate country at this point.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

That's less than 60 people arriving per flight. For Thailand to hit the predicted 120,000 tourists for Q3, that would need around 2,000 flights and 22 arriving flights a day - not 6. Current rates would bring about 35,000 to Phuket, and I think that will even drop after the initial 400 a day rush !

At an average of 60 pax per flight, that is not sustainable, I would guess?

Also, what about the return leg?  Who will be flying out, especially if the majority early on are returnees and most oof the arrivals are here for long term stays?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, saminoz said:

At an average of 60 pax per flight, that is not sustainable, I would guess?

Also, what about the return leg?  Who will be flying out, especially if the majority early on are returnees and most oof the arrivals are here for long term stays?

As far as I am aware, most flights have 2 flight deck crews and are on a "triangular" route schedule with no stop overs in Phuket.  After Phuket, they continue to BKK with a few passengers who wish to do ASQ there and then fly back to origin.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Since arriving tourists have already been vaccinated with the higher quality jabs, not the local junk, and been tested and shown to be covid negative, no need for a sandbox at all. 

The local official clowns need to face the fact that tourists are taking a far greater risk than the locals, by being exposed to the Thais. The only ones testing positive are locals, after all. 

End the quarantine now. End all restrictions and eliminate all hurdles now. Embrace science. Grow up. Man up. Get some courage. Face the music. Do the right thing just once in your careers. 

Said the last man on the titanic!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Xonax said:

Isn´t Ben Gurion the airport of Tel Aviv and the only international airport in Israel?

(Sigh) There's always someone wanting to criticize a positive report by introducing facts......(smiley face)

• Haha 1

Just heard a few minutes ago that there are many countries that are getting spikes

in their COVID cases, most from the Delta variant, but the WHO is saying that the pandemic is

far from over, and countries that are trying to open up, but have not gotten their population

up to 70 percent fully vaccinated, are running the risk of getting out of control with the virus.

Of course this would not happen in Thailand land would it?  Stay cautious and hope that

you all can get your shots soon.

Geezer

• Like 1