Thailand reports 6,519 new COVID-19 cases, 54 more deaths

webfact

17 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

You are the guy (unless you have a doppelgänger) that said Chonburi was doing 1000 “random” tests a day and that was enough.

Your on the money, also stated this earlier in this thread 

"i assumed at the outset that the government effort would be pathetic, so I got off my ass and flew back to the US to get vaccinated"

Seems that we all need to get off our ass and fly back to home country to be vaccinated. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Have you count how many times/day you toutch your cheek/face? Do you know how long time virus stay alive in your cheek? Do you wash your face whit soap same time when you wash your hads.  Virus not walk but it moves from surface to surface. Reason should also clean personal items like phone after toutching those whit dirty hands.

Don't pick your teeth, don't pick your nose and don't rub your eyes. Clean your hands regularly. Basic hygiene. The world will see less colds and flu this year espesicially with mask wearing. Mucus membranes is where particle infection gets in and now it's also airbone so you can also breathe it in. 

Edited by dinsdale

38 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Well, they are increasing the number of beds. At least in field hospitals. But unless these increases can meet demand, it still doesn't tell us much.

So its Exponen......l, is that what your trying to say.........................

Just now, TheFishman1 said:

I want to talk about the virus but nowhere does it mention where a foreigner and get vaccinated I’ve been trying for months to have a vaccine TIT

Where are you located?

40 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand may have infection numbers “3-4 times higher” than the government declared total

Experts say that Thailand may have Covid-19 infection numbers 3-4 times higher than the total number declared by the government per day, according to insiders within the healthcare sector.

According to a doctor at the Bangkok Dusit Medical Services group, experts at the Private Hospitals Association meeting on Wednesday suggested that the real number of Covid-19 infections could be much higher than that being declared by the government.

“We have no idea what the total number is but it could literally be 3 to 4 times higher than what is being declared based on the statistics we have gathered at our hospitals,” the doctor said on condition of anonymity.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29512/thailand-may-have-infection-numbers-3-4-times-higher-than-the-government-declared-total/

At last! Possibly one of the most important posts we have seen here in a long time. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your on the money, also stated this earlier in this thread 

"i assumed at the outset that the government effort would be pathetic, so I got off my ass and flew back to the US to get vaccinated"

Seems that we all need to get off our ass and fly back to home country to be vaccinated. 

What leads you to believeits any better there? 

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

What leads you to believeits any better there? 

Read the quote.

They are not my words. The words of poster regarding how easy it is to vaccinated

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Top official – fully vaccinated people must wear double face masks against the Delta virus strain

With a surge in infections being reported on Wednesday, driven by the more infectious Delta variant of Covid-19, Dr Taweesilp Visanuyothin, the government spokesman has warned the public that it will have to learn to live with a new level of threat from the disease. It comes as a top doctor at a Bangkok hospital has come forward to say he is aware of people dying at home who are not included in the official tallies. There is also an emerging demand for mRNA vaccines among the public and health personnel on the front line. However, the boss of the Government Pharmaceutical Organization (GPO) has warned that the much sought after Moderna vaccine will not be available until early next year.  

More - a lot more

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/07/vaccinated-people-must-wear-two-face-masks/

Interesting. The missus had a go at me today for wearing a single surgical mask. Think I'll move to two. One's not so good being an asthmatic (ps I'm not a Karen) but on the other hand being an asthmatic aint so good if you catch this. 'coarse this is saying fully vacced should wear two masks. What about the rest of us? 

41 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, I am prepared to help locally if things go south. 

Well you better get out there locally and help because things have well and truly gone south in fact in Thailand they've gone so far south they've already past the south pole and are on the next lap!

• Like 2

Rumour has it that Bangkok Area is on the cusp of a SIGNIFICANT lockdown.

The Delta (Indian) variant is running rife now and cases could see an exponential rise. The Thai's are obviously anticipating this as they're building a field hospital for 5000 at the airport.

A real storm is brewing and it's about to get MUCH worse.

Sincerely 

MORRIS
Double Pfizer Jabbed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Some bigger increases today for some provinces. Surat Thani has been hovering around the single digits and low teens now 54 today:(

Not many single digits left, only 2 singles in the Northeast and they're both 9's.

5 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

The Delta (Indian) variant is running rife now and cases could see an exponential rise. The Thai's are obviously anticipating this as they're building a field hospital for 5000 at the airport.

Sincerely 

MORRIS
Double Pfizer Jabbed.

Do you have a source for this or is it pure speculation?

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Rumours are like covid, they can spread exponentially especially with certain variants.

Agree 100%.

However the gf is saying the same. All rumour however she often on the money.

Thai jungle drums I guess.

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Send conscripts home or risk army-camp Covid cluster, Move Forward Party says

The army should cancel this year’s military conscription because camps could become a new cluster for Covid-19, the Move Forward Party said Wednesday, after the army started training recruits and requested thousands of vaccines last week.

“Why doesn’t the military sacrifice a little and not train recruits right now while the pandemic is taking place,” said Rangsiman Rome, a member of the Move Forward Party and a current parliamentarian.

“The conditions in an army camp and in the prisons are not different, we’ve seen what could happen in the prisons and that can also happen in the army camps.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29329/send-conscripts-home-or-risk-army-camp-covid-cluster-move-forward-party-says/

I’m surprised that the parliamentarian didn’t make the point that the thousands of vaccines requested by the army could be used on at risk people rather than healthy young folk.

and he is right, why conscript people now and put them in Covid friendly conditions? It’s not like they contribute to national defense at all if they haven’t even done basic training.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree 100%.

However the gf is saying the same. All rumour however she often on the money.

Thai jungle drums I guess.

If they were to lockdown bangkok, it would confirm the other rumor…….that these guys are the masters of doing too little, too late.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Sincerely 

MORRIS
Double Pfizer Jabbed.

Anecdotal of course, but my GF has heard the same resonating words through her FB and other apps.

• Like 1