Expats in Thailand Can Get COVID-19 Vaccination at Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospitals

snoop1130

37 minutes ago, thaitero said:

If you are in Phuket, you should ask around there,, As far as i have heard people with covid extensions have had their jabs also.. This is because of sandbox scheme.

Yup, thanks for that.

initially Phuket was vaccinating Thai’s only. Then, because of the sandbox scheme, they vaccinated any foreigner employed by a Thai company. Unfortunately, I am retired so didn’t qualify. 

i am registered on the Phuket must win app, but it currently says “fully booked” which means no vaccine.

I actually also registered in Udon and initially had an appointment on 14 June. That was cancelled through lack of vaccine. I then had one days notice that I had another appointment for yesterday. But of course there is a quarantine in place for arrivals into Udon from bangkok (my flight would transit there) and so it was impossible for me to make that appointment.

never mind, maybe my turn will come up in Phuket.

thanks for your interest.

fingers crossed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

emailing [email protected]

I was given this e-mail by the Canadian embassy when I inquired about vaccine availability for Canadian expats.

Sent a e-mail this morning on the 8th, haven't heard back, not expecting to either

did they say it was for registering in case some comes? Who is the email going to?

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Yup, thanks for that.

initially Phuket was vaccinating Thai’s only. Then, because of the sandbox scheme, they vaccinated any foreigner employed by a Thai company. Unfortunately, I am retired so didn’t qualify. 

i am registered on the Phuket must win app, but it currently says “fully booked” which means no vaccine.

I actually also registered in Udon and initially had an appointment on 14 June. That was cancelled through lack of vaccine. I then had one days notice that I had another appointment for yesterday. But of course there is a quarantine in place for arrivals into Udon from bangkok (my flight would transit there) and so it was impossible for me to make that appointment.

never mind, maybe my turn will come up in Phuket.

thanks for your interest.

fingers crossed

i don’t know if this is the same as the app you are registered on already?

https://expat.ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com/register

I saw this  news a few days ago and  called both hospitals in Bangkok  the answer from Phayathai hospital  was  you can register  from 12 - 16 july on their web site.

Samitivej  hospital  answered the phone, and said they are only interested in Thai and  Farangs     only those who are registred at that particular hospital..

I also called Bumrungrad hospital where i am registered   and have spent Millions of baht there, and was told  we are vaccinating Thai citizens only

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, metisdead said:

Yesterday I sent an email to Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital and registered.  At the end of the email exchange, I was advised the AstraZenica vaccine would be available sometime in September.  They will contact me when the vaccine is available. 

Are you registered at that hospital? I ask only because i rang them 4 days ago and was told they will only vaccinate  people who are registered  with them and not others

10 minutes ago, Tony M said:

But we can't register to express our intention to receive a vaccination.  Is this just a further example of Thai "equality"  ?   Maybe the British Embassy can bring this to the attention of whoever they have regular meetings with ?

The vaccination rollout is a government initiative. If people wish to turn their back on the government facilities and treat them with contempt, they cannot really expect the government to jump around for them just because they think they should.

My hospital registered me for the vaccination and I had it on 7th June, very straightforward and something many others could have done just as easily. Of course to many, using the yellow book and pink card is nothing more than a waste of time.

• Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The vaccination rollout is a government initiative. If people wish to turn their back on the government facilities and treat them with contempt, they cannot really expect the government to jump around for them just because they think they should.

My hospital registered me for the vaccination and I had it on 7th June, very straightforward and something many others could have done just as easily. Of course to many, using the yellow book and pink card is nothing more than a waste of time.

I have no idea what point(s) you are trying to make.  Do you think that having a yellow book and/or pink card makes you a more deserving person for vaccine than someone with underlying health reasons who doesn't have them ? Why ?

What does "turning their back on government facilities and treat them with contempt" mean ?

• Like 1

I got my first shot of AZ at Phyathai 2 hospital about 10 days ago, I had booked in person, going in about a week before as the website was not working. It was all well managed, good humoured and efficient. Quite a lot of foreigners there. 

I live in Khao Yai, and nobody said anything about being Bangkok only.

Next shot is September.

13 hours ago, metisdead said:

Yesterday I sent an email to Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital and registered.  At the end of the email exchange, I was advised the AstraZenica vaccine would be available sometime in September.  They will contact me when the vaccine is available. 

Yesterday Samitivej Sukhumvit told me by email that registration is full and to reapply in August.

Earlier this week, during the CCSA daily announcement in English, they announced that foreigners over 60 would be jabbed in Bangkok during July.  Other provinces would follow in August.

looks like we broke through the 10,000 daily infection rate line today.  Any bets on when the 15,000 daily infection rate will be reported?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, worrab said:

This really has to be the most stupid post on this subject. Obviously never thought of the fact of all the hoops that now have to be jumped through just to get back to your home country. Add in the cost then getting back here with another set of hoops. Think again before you make a comment such as this. Oh and remember we are not all millionaires and have family here, like myself who cannot gat a vaccine either! 

Sorry I should’ve said it’s a lot easier than dying

• Sad 5

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Department of Disease Control (DDC) has stated that foreigners living in Thailand can now register for their COVID-19 vaccine directly with Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit hospitals, since the Thailandintervac.com website is now out of commission.

Thank you but I don't live in Bangkok.... useless just like the government.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Earlier this week, during the CCSA daily announcement in English, they announced that foreigners over 60 would be jabbed in Bangkok during July.  Other provinces would follow in August.

looks like we broke through the 10,000 daily infection rate line today.  Any bets on when the 15,000 daily infection rate will be reported?

Early next week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, caughtintheact said:

Yesterday Samitivej Sukhumvit told me by email that registration is full and to reapply in August.

Thanks for the heads up. 

Had planned to give it a try today.

Didn't bother with all the previous apps and registration options and sure enough many collapsed or appointments cancelled.

Seems this is just another clusterF.

• Like 1