Expats in Thailand Can Get COVID-19 Vaccination at Phyathai 2 and Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospitals

snoop1130

I am over 75, registered at Blueport, Hua Hin. Had appointment for 7th July, but lo and behold, they ran out of vaccine. Don't have a clue when they will get more. They aparently have vaccinated up to queue number 5732 (I think that's the number), most of the ex-pats have numbers above 9000. It'll be a long wait!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Same, Canuck. The staff are overwhelmed with emails. They simply can't reply to every one. Better to phone. Or wait until July 12 & call the hospitals directly.

As Phayathai2 has stated it will be using Google Forms, a phone call might find out where to get one to submit of July 12.

So rather than staff be overwhelmed with emails customers will be unable to contact by phone as the phone lines will be overwhelmed. Logical. 

22 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Survey: How many expats over 75 are on here???

24 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Survey: How many expats over 75 are on here???

When I went to Bang Sue Railway station they only looked at my passport to see if I was 75+  / they did not ask if I lived in BKK or in the provinces

The problem is, all expats and foreigners here in Thailand are infected with this Thai style "Mai pen arai"

Look, we are single individuals, but together we are many.

Let everybody write to email:

One email with a formal official complaint, how we get discriminated.

Second email to the ministry of foreign affairs in the home country, to make a formal complaint

about the none existing support of our embassies.

Might also put all this, over and over in all the social media.

Just expose the reality and explain the situation.

Sitting around and do nothing does not improve anything.

17 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Pound to a penny it is Sinovac.

I registered at Phyathai 2 Hospital for AstraZeneca and was confirmed through thailandintervac for AstraZeneca the last time and found out the day of that I was switched to SinoGarbage. No thanks! 

16 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Have you tried contacting your local health center or local Govt Hospital?

My local health center arranged my appointment for the AZ vaccine at my local hospital, I had it on 28th June with the second appt scheduled for 20th Sept.

Yes, and I was told that only Thais can register,

This is in Pattaya which is slated to be the next sandbox

6 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

The problem is, all expats and foreigners here in Thailand are infected with this Thai style "Mai pen arai"

Second email to the ministry of foreign affairs in the home country, to make a formal complaint

Tried that, the UK Embassy is not able to do anything.

12 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Yes, and I was told that only Thais can register,

This is in Pattaya which is slated to be the next sandbox

A consistency in Thailand is the inconsistency I'm afraid...so frustrating considering our local health center has actually received a Govt memo stating everyone is to be included in the vaccine rollout which includes foreigners.

17 hours ago, worrab said:

And what about those who do not live in Bangkok or nowhere near?? I'm 66 and live 6 hours drive away and I am sure there are many more in the same situation! Absolute shambles of the first order!!

register and get in your car old boy. Fight for your vaccine...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, actonion said:

Are you registered at that hospital? I ask only because i rang them 4 days ago and was told they will only vaccinate  people who are registered  with them and not others

Yes, I am registered at that hospital.  I haven't used their services for about 10 years now though.

38 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I registered at Phyathai 2 Hospital for AstraZeneca and was confirmed through thailandintervac for AstraZeneca the last time and found out the day of that I was switched to SinoGarbage. No thanks! 

Did the same, but went for it............... something being better than nothing........will try to get an mRNA vaccine later in the year.

14 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

register and get in your car old boy. Fight for your vaccine...

This will be the second time I have said this!! 6 hours drive to the red zone and wait around to get registered. Then 6 hours drive home. Now we have 6 hours drive back for the first jab. Wait around before and after in the red zone. Then 6 hours drive home. Rinse and repeat for the second jab. Lockdowns looming so I think you really should think before making a comment like this!! They should be ensuring the vaccine is available everywhere not just Bangkok!! People in the UK did not have to go through this rigmarole to get vaccinated. <deleted> poor effort by a <deleted> poor government that want/need ousting at the first opportunity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Did the same, but went for it............... something being better than nothing........will try to get an mRNA vaccine later in the year.

I'm going to register and try again for AstraZeneca. SinoGarbage is a 50/50 <deleted>-shoot and I (my personal choice) don't want to risk mixing it with something better when it comes along.

6 minutes ago, gerrybpattaya said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya are also accepting registrations.

It is just a survey to gauge interest in the vaccine, not an actual registration i.e. cementing a place in line to get jabbed. Quite amazing that a survey is even needed but thats Thai bureaucracy, I suppose. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I'm going to register and try again for AstraZeneca. SinoGarbage is a 50/50 <deleted>-shoot and I (my personal choice) don't want to risk mixing it with something better when it comes along.

Did read up a bit beforehand.........getting a different one later seems to an okay thing to do.........also panicking a little.....65 and living in the deep red zone.

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Must be a lot of very sick expats in Bangkok!

53 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

I agree with you 100% on exposing the blatant racism and segregation happening here to the rest of the world. A nuclear approach and inflicting maximum damage publicly is the ONLY way to resolve this issue. You might be interested in the following information...

Thailand, is a member of the World Trade Organization. National treatment is an integral part of many [World Trade Organization](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Trade_Organization) agreements. It requires equal treatment of [foreigners](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_(law)) and locals.  Under national treatment, a [state](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_state) that grants particular rights, benefits or privileges to its own [citizens](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen) must also grant those advantages to the citizens of other states while they are in that country. Together with the [most favored nation](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Most_favoured_nation) principle, national treatment is one of the cornerstones of WTO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Must be a lot of very sick expats in Bangkok!

It's for people over 60 and or with certain conditions.

Not necessarily sick.

More like high risk.

It's obvious that the number of doses being released to high risk expats is much much lower than the need.

I'm talking about the entire country. Not just Bangkok.

It's awful that this already way too limited program is in Bangkok only!

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It's for people over 60 and or with certain conditions.

Not necessarily sick.

More like high risk.

It's obvious that the number of doses being released to high risk expats is much much lower than the need.

I'm talking about the entire country. Not just Bangkok.

It's awful that this already way too limited program is in Bangkok only!

The system seems to getting gamed......when I went for my jab......loads of non-Thais well under the age 60......can't believe they were all "at risk"

• Like 2

Just now, Surelynot said:

The system seems to getting gamed......when I went for my jab......loads of non-Thais well under the age 60......can't believe they were all "at risk"

I would need more information about the full details of your registration and vaccine site to respond to that. For example they might have been in the diplomatic group.