Sandbox tourists stuck in quarantine ask to go home

webfact

if quarantined, the hotels are required to refund you  but you have to pay the quarantine bill. That well thought out idea is sure to encourage an increase in the number of tourists. Welcome to Phuket and now..... Pay your own cell bill. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, impulse said:

When the rest of Thailand is testing positive at 20% and delta is already running rampant, vaccinated, tested (and tested again) tourists are the least risky people in the country.

Next time you go out, look around.  Now think about this... One out of every 5 people you interact with would test positive (if they could get a test).  Now figure the Sandbox statistics...  1 tourist out of 2100 tested positive.  That's 0.05%.

Who would you rather share a meal with?  Or more pragmatic, whose money spends safer?

Is your 20% a true example, living in a village in Issan rather than in heavily populated Bangers is not like for like, if your 1 in 5 ratio is true in Bangers i feel it would be considerably less out here in buffalo land ( whether the buffalo is sick or not).

• Like 1

I wonder if he / they actually have covid or they aquired and were rather carriers of the virus in/on their persons. Then... running that PCR gadget at 50 cycles...boom Covid you lose.

If anything like this where to have occurred you know that this would never get out into the public that would be absolutely devastating.

The person was vaccinated and did have a negative test prior to bboarding.

Given this outcome and force jailing of individuals I think it's entirely disingenuous that Thailand invites tourists to holiday here. This is also not to mention that we will hit 10,000 cases in a day within the next day or two and then on to 15,000 eh?

Edited by kynikoi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mai mee said:

Another embarrassing 5 star face-plant for the TAT, the Thai PM and authorities in Bangkok, and the "Phuket Sandbox" grand re-opening scheme.... the clown posse rides again...

I do hope the Thai authorities get enough international heat over this to do something for this poor German lady, it's a crying shame.

I got the feeling she was putting on a brave face I bet she was told before the interview that we cannot mention any names 

• Sad 1

On 7/9/2021 at 9:15 AM, Ganesh108 said:

Yes, but it was all so predictable that this would happen sooner or later. It's a Russian roulette kind of holiday scheme, and you have to be nuts or ignorant of the fine print to sign up for it. 

Or just in the need to travel to Thailand.

In worst scenary, if they send you to ASQ hotel, it wil no be worse than directly staying in ASQ hotel in Bangkok.

And, if everything goes well, you spend 2 weeks at the seaside, instead.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:31 AM, Eibot said:

I find these 12 people stupid to be frank. 

If you use the Sandbox model, you do it because it's a better option than to go to ASQ. Thus meaning you stay longer than 14 days. If you go with this mindset, than the bad luck of being tested positive would merely put you in the original situation of ASQ. 

That'd be my situation, but may be they were real tourist in holidays.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:49 AM, Sydebolle said:

What a fiasco indeed. 

I can just hope that all those government crooks will be living long enough to witness themselves into what kind of total disaster they drove Thailand this time. 

Yes. They will witness it from their golden retirement in Germany or wherever.

• Haha 1

Understandable, of course when you're feeling vulnerable, you want to go home.   I saw a lot of people during early Covid take Tylenol and Ibuprofen on flights to make sure they got past the temperature scanners.   No one wants to get stuck in a metal room when they think they can probably recover at home or in their hotel.  

On 7/9/2021 at 11:05 AM, ChipButty said:

Whats them big planes called? imagine one of them full and one person tested positive holy smoke

If probability of false positive is 0'5%, one passenger out of every full airplain will be tested positive. And then full passage jailed in ASQ hotel.

They will better think about building more hotels.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Espanol said:

All they need is a negative PCR test.

And they have to declare that they have not been in contact with anybody who has Covid.
TIT. Perhaps it may be preferable for the them to be sent packing so the episode is quickly killed off.

24 minutes ago, Espanol said:

If probability of false positive is 0'5%, one passenger out of every full airplain will be tested positive. And then full passage jailed in ASQ hotel.

They will better think about building more hotels.

The have the hotels. Just need to approve more for of them for ASQ. Just think of all the extra income.

Quicksand box sucks in tourists.
Could they make it into a scary movie to match?

Edited by jojothai
add info
  • Haha 1