Foreigners aged over 60 in Bangkok to be given priority for AstraZeneca vaccine

webfact

19 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

Sorry.  Forum rules prohibit me from posting a link to the news paper.  The 10% in the article referred to the 1.5 million Pfizer doses donated by the US.   150,000 doses will be given to foreigners.  The AZ doses donated by Japan were not mentioned.  At this point, the sources of AZ doses used to vaccinate foreigners are not clear.

quote...

Dr. Apisamai said that 1.05 million doses of donated AstraZeneca vaccine will be split into two lots. 945,000 doses will be for Thai citizens and 105,000 doses for expatriates living in Bangkok, Samut Sakhon, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Chon Buri, Rayong and Phuket.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-frontline-medics-to-get-one-pfizer-booster-shot-from-donated-vaccine/

• Haha 1

Well, adding together the 150,000 of the Pfizer Vaccine and the 105,000 from the Japan-donated AZ Vaccine, the total to be administered to foreigners would appear to be 255,000.   The newspaper that the Pfizer information comes from is the leading English Language daily in Thailand.  The numbers will probably be flexible and some of the AZ actually administered to foreigners may come from other sources.  The government has always been opaque about its own AZ production and its stocks of Sinovac.  I doubt that there will be any real accounting of who gets what vaccine.  There hasn't been so far despite demands from Thais that the numbers be revealed.

21 hours ago, J Town said:

Give all the priority you want, if there are not actual vaccines to give then you're just pi$$ing in the wind.

1 million won't go far but you

Should start at one of the 2 hostpitals, USA has said 20% must go local expats from their donation.. 

%

Instructions 

Hold your breath when traveling to one of these hostpitals. 

Speak with American accent and say 20% for us, I complain. 

If not successful return home, holding your breath or carry a oxygen bottle with you. 

13 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I'll wait for my Pfizer as the US Embassy indicated!  555 LOL

Good luck on that.

There may be “an extremely rare risk” of inflammatory heart conditions following jabs with the Pfizer and Moderna coronavirus vaccines, the UK’s medicines regulator has said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-vaccine-risk-pfizer-moderna-b1881578.html

17 hours ago, Card said:

When did you get the Vax, what documents do you need to take and when is the last date to get one at Bang Sue? I assume it is a walk in facility. I will go as soon as I have your answers. Thx 

I just called 1422 and was told that no vaccine availability at this time for foreigners and to try again in August  and there is an article today in an English language daily that says prebooked jabs only at Bangsue - no walk-ins. Of course that doesn't mean the information is accurate. 

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I also found that there may be problems traveling to the US if vaccinated with the AZ vaccine as it has not been approved there

Actually, the CDC's Guidance on travel requirements to the US do allow AZ as it is approved by the WHO.  From the CDC guidance on international travel:

"* This guidance applies to COVID-19 vaccines currently authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration: Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines. This guidance can also be applied to COVID-19 vaccines that have been authorized for emergency use by the World Health Organization (e.g. AstraZeneca/Oxford). See WHO’s websiteexternal icon for more information about WHO-authorized COVID-19 vaccines."

18 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

I went last Tuesday but friends went yesterday, Friday. You need only a Passport and a pen. For over 75's it is certainly walk-in. I does not appear clear whether that is the same for over 60's. This facility closes on the 18th July-better to go as soon as possible. Good luck!

Does the virus take a peak at your passport too? 

Edited by Keesters
Spelling

41 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

And those outside Bangkok can go to their room now and die silently

Silently, apart from the gurgling sounds as lungs fill up with mucus which overrides the sounds of thrashing of limbs as you try to gasp an ounce of air to take away the blue hue of a slowly suffocating face. 

(insert smiley with bloated face and bulging eyes.)

A post has been removed:

UPDATED NOTICE TO MEMBERS POSTING ON THAIVISA AMID COVID-19 - 25 MARCH 2020

In addition to the guidelines posted below and those detailed in the Thaivisa forum rules and following the announcement that Thai government will invoke emergency powers in order to help deal with the COVID-19 situation in the country, Thaivisa requests members posting on the forum to abide by the following:

Do not post news or any form of content, including video, audio, images, social media posts that contains messages that may cause people to be afraid or intentionally distort information, causing misunderstanding during the COVID-19 pandemic.   

Any posts or topics which our moderation team deems to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed without warning. You may also be subject to a posting suspension or have your profile permanently suspended from the site. 

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:07 AM, webfact said:

the website would no longer be accepting registrations and instead foreigners could register with one of two hospitals in Bangkok, or with their local health authority

Hospitals, authorities unnamed.

More hopium.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 7:35 AM, ezzra said:

Who do you thing going to get it first? here's a clue, NOT a foreigner, and beside, according to the conditions to get it you need to be a person with serious health issues to qualify, so don't hold your breath folks...

I honestly don't know who I have more utter contempt and loathing for, them or my (American) government for helping "THEM".

15 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Hospitals, authorities unnamed.

More hopium.

Actually they were named - just two Bangkok area hospitals and one is already fully booked:

1. Phyathai 2 Hospital
Pre-registration: 12-16 July from 09.00-12.00 hours only (via phyathai2international.com)

Vaccination Period: 19-30 July 2021 (except weekends)

2. Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital(The hospital has fully booked. The next pre-registration will be open in August)

Note: The operating hours to pre-register depend on each hospital.

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

2 hours ago, caughtintheact said:

I just called 1422 and was told that no vaccine availability at this time for foreigners and to try again in August  and there is an article today in an English language daily that says prebooked jabs only at Bangsue - no walk-ins. Of course that doesn't mean the information is accurate. 

Absolutely -the last sentence is not correct. Why not try it for yourself?

I had my AZ in KP on Friday everything fine until this morning Sunday woke at 4am felt i was locked in a freezer i was that cold and over a couple of hours had breathing difficulties and pain in my left arm as well as a slight headache . Took some paracetamol and seem to be okay for the time being and no i didnt have my air con on just a fan  I heard all stories about after affects but thought i had got away with it . im 70 years young and as fit as a fiddle swim , kayak and paddle board most days 

Edited by crazykopite

18 hours ago, Mavideol said:

that's a little confusing, Japan giving vaccines away while their +/_ 8% of vaccinated people is a minimal.... where the vaccines expired?

No, the vaccines have not expired it's just that the Japanese government have decided against using the AZ vaccine for now.

Japan has historically some of the highest levels of vaccine hesitancy in the world, partly due to a 1990’s scare about an ultimately unproven link between vaccines and meningitis.

Japan's bitter vaccine history creates hurdle in COVID-19 fight

According to that article, in Japan:

fewer than 30% of people strongly agreed that vaccines were safe, important and effective

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

27 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I had my AZ in KP on Friday everything fine until this morning Sunday woke at 4am felt i was locked in a freezer i was that cold and over a couple of hours had breathing difficulties and pain in my left arm as well as a slight headache . Took some paracetamol and seem to be okay for the time being and no i didnt have my air con on just a fan  I heard all stories about after affects but thought i had got away with it . im 70 years young and as fit as a fiddle swim , kayak and paddle board most days 

The good thing about experiencing systemic side effects such as you describe, is that it's an indication that the vaccine is working, as your body is mounting a robust immune response to the vaccine. Quite often in older people, the immune system has a weaker response to vaccinations, leading to lower levels of protection.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Well, adding together the 150,000 of the Pfizer Vaccine and the 105,000 from the Japan-donated AZ Vaccine, the total to be administered to foreigners would appear to be 255,000.  

How many expats are in Thailand?

Good evening to all,

Kindly assist me for Covide vaccine registration link please.

Piyathai2 hospital link i have but for Med Park hospital i do not have. If you have any other, please provide me.. Thank you so much

11 hours ago, sandyf said:

Good luck on that.

There may be “an extremely rare risk” of inflammatory heart conditions following jabs with the Pfizer and Moderna coronavirus vaccines, the UK’s medicines regulator has said.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-vaccine-risk-pfizer-moderna-b1881578.html

Your remarks seem to have you in the DARK!  Do you see first LOL?  There is a message in those 3 letters!  " you seem to not understand your own message " an extremely rare risk " 

Good eve...I do have Piyathai2 hospital vaccine registration web link but m still looking for Med Park hospital link. .if anyone have.. kindly assist me pls. .or any other link as well.. Thank you so much.

Foreigners aged over 60 in Bangkok to be given priority for AstraZeneca vaccine

As the politically connected and wealthy scarf up the US donated Pfizer.  Lol. 

"You!  You kon America jing-jing?  Here! We give you AstraZeneca. Give you now!  Thai people good people to kon America."

<rubs hands together>  More Pfizer for kon Thai!  Kon America be kon buffalo!  <laughs>

Edited by connda

On 7/9/2021 at 8:22 PM, smedly said:

stop trying to defend this cluster 

the whole thing is a shambles 

Yeah, it's a shambles.  No argument there.  But it's also a shambles for local Thai people.  The ones who have zero other alternatives, like taking some of their Covid stimulus money, or the 400,000 in their bank account, and flying home for a jab.  Or foregoing yet another 60 day Covid extension that's only postponing the inevitable.

11 hours ago, Yanki said:

Good eve...I do have Piyathai2 hospital vaccine registration web link but m still looking for Med Park hospital link. .if anyone have.. kindly assist me pls. .or any other link as well.. Thank you so much.

Try Medpark.hospital/Covid19VaccinePriority. Personally got vaccinated at Piyathai2 and was a breeze registrating and on vaccination day. Second shot in late September. Best of luck. 

• Like 1