Expat Registration for public vaccination has failed! What can we do?

WaveHunter

24 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

I have been noticing a pattern on thaivisa. All the actual very useful posts, like the ones about roads being open and experiences driving, they are all ignored and derided. 

Useless complaining, armchair quarterbacking, general Thai bashing, and utterly useless posts are celebrated and adored.

You just can’t make this stuff up. There are people arguing and adding nothing here and there is actual photographic evidence lol

Not allowing yourself to go off topic and derail a thread like you are now doing is a good way to prevent the behavior you're describing.

Edited by WaveHunter

21 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Nooo, that’s completely incorrect, anyone could register at https://thailandintervac.com/expatriatesA few weeks ago.

many people, including me did so and got the jabs. None of the people worked for embassies 

You are completely wrong here.  

Do you see the problem?

do you really want a jab, or do you just want to moan about not getting a jab?

I am in the most vulnerable age group, age 78. I have the pink Thai ID card. I MAY get access to vaccine in August, Chiang Rai area.

It is you that is posting utter tripe.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I have no idea what planet you live on but InterVac/expat went live for a total of less than 24 hours, then shut down and never reopened!  Even the CCSA was forced to publicly admit that both InterVac sites were a COMPLETE FAILURE.  I recognize you are a new forum member but you are spreading gross misinformation and that's helpful to no one so STOP IT!

He is not spreading false information, I to was able to register on the ThaiIntervac site when it was up. It then went down and I was not able to see when my appointment was. I later went to Chulabhorn Hosp in Laksi with my wife as her father had appointment for a shot. She asked at the desk "we can't get back on the site is my husband still in the system? They said yes and he over 70 could have come in 3 weeks ago. " Her dad and I got shot with AZ right then.

If you take the time to read the articles about J and J  vacccine  it is not old info and not about effacy. It was published today. 100 people came down with Gullian Barre Syndrome and a warning has to be given about its possible side effect.  The other article again is not about effacy but problems filling its orders, blood clot problems ect.

199341867_758278141510409_5304377360095529065_n.jpg

338104.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ClaySmc said:

For those Americans threatening to go back for a jab, am I missing something or didn't you read about the USA donating 1.3 million doses of Pfizer vaccine to Thailand with the stipulation 300k be reserved for US citizens and other foreigners? So you might want to want until the end of July when the shipment  is scheduled to be delivered. Or not, up to you.

I've been looking for something that would substantiate that rumor.  Do you have a verifiable source for that stipulation of 300k doses?  

Whatever official agency made that statement should be made aware that until we US expats becomes officially registered, we will be invisible to the public vaccine rollout, and therefore denied receiving our fair share of our own country's vaccine donation...vaccines that our tax dollars helped pay for.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

I wonder how they determined that the vaccine may be the cause.  According to a similar article there have been about 100 cases out of the 12.8 million doses administered.  Which comes out to 0.78 cases per 100,000 doses.  The article also stated that normally doctors expect about  1 out of 100,000 people to get the same issue every year.

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

He is not spreading false information, I to was able to register on the ThaiIntervac site when it was up. It then went down and I was not able to see when my appointment was. I later went to Chulabhorn Hosp in Laksi with my wife as her father had appointment for a shot. She asked at the desk "we can't get back on the site is my husband still in the system? They said yes and he over 70 could have come in 3 weeks ago. " Her dad and I got shot with AZ right then.

If you take the time to read the articles about J and J  vacccine  it is not old info and not about effacy. It was published today. 100 people came down with Gullian Barre Syndrome and a warning has to be given about its possible side effect.  The other article again is not about effacy but problems filling its orders, blood clot problems ect.

199341867_758278141510409_5304377360095529065_n.jpg

338104.jpg

They dont want to hear it. “False information” means something they done like 

it’s expat culture. Moan moan moan moan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

So, my plan is to get the J&J which provides full immunity after 28 days, whereas Pfyzer would require more time.  BUT, he suggested I could also later get 1 shot of Pfizer as a booster, to provide extra protection against variants. 

He said it probably would not be necessary but since he deals with patients all the time, that's what he did, and in his opinion, he felt there was nothing risky in mixing 1 shot of J&J and then a month later one shot of Pfizer.

It's probably been pointed out already but make sure you get the vaccine flavors that are approved for entry/re-entry to Thailand. The forum doesn't need another multi-page thread about how you cocked-up the Thai health authorities are clueless.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, statman78 said:

WaveHunter,

I just finished my quarantine this past Sunday and caught a flight back to my home in Chiang Rai.  I was in the US for 8 days, got the J&J vaccine and saw some friends and family.  I went through the Thai consulate in Chicago and it took about 1 week to get my COE.  I didn’t have any problems.  The ASQ hotel I stayed at was the Solitaire on Sukhumvit Soi 11.  The service was good.  The food selection was good. Everyday I could choose from several western, Thai or Indian selections.  I paid a little more and got a room with a balcony.  For an extra fee I also had them put a treadmill in my room.

Well named for quarantine! ????

3 minutes ago, statman78 said:

I wonder how they determined that the vaccine may be the cause.  According to a similar article there have been about 100 cases out of the 12.8 million doses administered.  Which comes out to 0.78 cases per 100,000 doses.  The article also stated that normally doctors expect about  1 out of 100,000 people to get the same issue every year.

Any vacccine shot can trigger the adverse immune response GBS , my cousin came down after a flu shot. Most recover but no always. He passed away last year.  I guess only J and J had so many come down with GBS , Pfizer and Moderna had no cases.

20 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

Not allowing yourself to go off topic and derail a thread like you are now doing is a good way to prevent the behavior you're describing.

Isn’t your post (above) off topic? At best you just did what you accused me of. 

At worst, I you are telling people to basically ignore people who have actual experiences getting the vaccine, because they are lying or making it up. 

Is there anything else useful you would like to add lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Thousands, huh! Will all five of you tell us how many hours you spent trying to access the websites before you were successful in getting an appt.

Time to accept the fact nobody cares if foreigners get vaxxed.

Nobody cares if you don't try hard enough either.

Most everyone on here who says they want to get vaccinated but haven't managed to work the system end up raving about this failed government, then their own failed government and then the cost.

Edited by NanLaew

39 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

A registration site is supposed to allow ALL foreigners to register.  The fact that an extremely small percentage were able to do so before the sites failed proves nothing at all, except that MOST foreigners have been prevented from registering for vaccinations since the very day that the rollout official began back in early June.

It has been weeks now since those two sites shut down and still authorities have done anything at all to ensure that foreigners have a way of registering.  I'm not even talking about getting vaccinated!  I'm  only talking about registration.  There is no excuse for not enabling ALL foreigners to register.  So, if the current situation doesn't define a failed effort, I don't know what does. 

I mean, even the CCSA was forced to publicly admit, in one of their daily video briefings in English, that the online registration schemes to date (all seven of them so far)  have failed!

As for the negative remarks about J&J, ALL of the vaccines have had some sort of issues that are quickly blown out of proportion by news sources such as MSN and all the other mainstream media that are more interested in sensationalism  than responsible journalism. 

100 cases of Gullian Barre Syndrome "possibly" linked to the vaccine in nearly 13 million vaccinations of J&J is hardly alarming.  What's more there's no proof that the vaccinations caused it or even exacerbated it, and even if they did, the syndrome is rarely (if ever) life threatening, and symptoms usually resolve on their own in a week or two)...but of course the press likes to play up such stories just to inflame an audience merely for ratings.

I don't trust most news sources becuase they are not journalists but only commentators.  I get most of my information from medical and scientific journals and other trusted and science-based sources.  It is precisely through such sources that convinces me that there is nothing wrong with J&J at all. 

Science based sources have made it quite clear to any objective person that J&J is just as safe and effective as any other vaccine out there right now....or they would not be available to the public.

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2021 at 4:50 PM, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Stop talking tripe 

I, an many others have been able to register and get vaccinated by official channels.

just because you failed to register, doesn’t mean the whole system is a failure 

A broken clock is right twice a day, but that doesn't mean it works.

You were in the right place at the right time. You got lucky, that's all. Most people, Thai and expat, are not and will not be for quite sometime . Even that's

assuming you will settle for Chinese snake oil. .

Your sanctimony is insulting. Stop talking tripe.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

This is the second forum where I’ve posted my experiences of successfully getting a vaccine here and it’s the second place I’ve been accused of lying and making it all up. 

it’s really, really weird 

Then stop doing it?

There's no convincing some here that there are ways and means for foreigners to get registered and even vaccinated. But, because it's not being offered for free by personal invite anywhere near their favorite Starbucks, you are accused of heresy.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 12:25 PM, WaveHunter said:

Have never really researched J&J before but now I will.  I'd welcome others' thought on it (as long as they are science-based thoughts, that is).

It seems like it's something, usually extremely rare, with each of the COVID vaccines thus far. And in various cases, the reported rare side effects have tended to occur more in certain age or gender groups:

--Sinovac -- questionable effectiveness

--AZ -- blood clots

--Pfizer/Moderna -- heart inflammation

and now J&J, since you asked:

FDA adds new warning on Johnson & Johnson vaccine related to rare autoimmune disorder

The agency cites link to a small number of Guillain-Barré cases after vaccination but says the shot’s benefits outweigh the risk

"The Food and Drug Administration announced a new warning for the Johnson & Johnson coronavirus vaccine on Monday, saying the shot has been linked to a serious but rare side effect called Guillain-Barré syndrome, in which the immune system attacks the nerves.

About 100 preliminary reports of Guillain-Barré have been detected in vaccine recipients after the administration of 12.8 million doses of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine in the United States, according to a companion statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which monitors vaccine safety systems with the FDA. Of these reports, 95 were serious and required hospitalization, the FDA statement said. There was one death. Neither agency provided details about the death."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/12/johnson-and-johnson-warning/

Especially if you're older and/or have any chronic medical conditions, I'd say the risks from COVID far outweigh any of the known risks from the various approved vaccines.

All you can do is try to keep fit and healthy, with plenty of sensible exercise, and lose weight if you need to. Sadly, what you are doing now is fruitless- people with experience of Thailand will be nodding their heads as they read. If you don't have ties, then try to get back to your homeland if vaccination is really important.  It's a very worrying lottery I agree, but also remember only a very small minority of people get seriously ill or die.

5 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Then stop doing it?

There's no convincing some here that there are ways and means for foreigners to get registered and even vaccinated. But, because it's not being offered for free by personal invite anywhere near their favorite Starbucks, you are accused of heresy.

That’s a very fair point and you are completely right, I will cease with this heresy.

Expat culture is really tiring, it drains your very soul. I have no idea how the Thais put up with it. 

in Phuket, most (if not all,) expats with valid visas, residence certificates TM30 completed and who do their 90 day report were able to register and get vaccinated. The ones who struggled did not qualify under the above criteria but some have subsequently been able to present themselves at a local hospital and get vaccinated. That is until they ran out lol. But, there is a concerted effort by the Phuket authorities to vaccinate as many as they can. https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-catch-up-vaccination-sessions-to-open-80655.php

13 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

All you can do is try to keep fit and healthy, with plenty of sensible exercise, and lose weight if you need to. Sadly, what you are doing now is fruitless- people with experience of Thailand will be nodding their heads as they read. If you don't have ties, then try to get back to your homeland if vaccination is really important.  It's a very worrying lottery I agree, but also remember only a very small minority of people get seriously ill or die.

The Thai Ministry of Public Health did a breakdown today of COVID hospitalizations in BKK during the past month based on severity of symptoms:

From a total of 32,313 Covid patients between June 12-July 12,

--8,131 (25.22%) were asymptomatic,

--16,755 (51.8%) experienced mild symptoms,

--6,142 (19%) had moderate symptoms,

--1,285 (3.98%) had severe symptoms.

1520765338_BKKHospitalizations.jpg.8487c46f939df8140fa3c76dc423d61d.jpg

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1414829322741846019

The median age of COVID deaths that Thailand has been reporting lately has been in the mid 60s, with the age range of deaths typically starting in the low 30s and ranging up to the 90s.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 2

On 7/12/2021 at 4:50 PM, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Stop talking tripe 

I, an many others have been able to register and get vaccinated by official channels.

just because you failed to register, doesn’t mean the whole system is a failure 

Congratulations,we have not,I am mid seventies wife mid sixties suffering from bronchiatasis bumped 3 times via online and face to face registration.

I mentioned your post to my wife, she is so pleased for you.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Thai Ministry of Public Health did a breakdown today of COVID hospitalizations in BKK during the past month based on severity of symptoms:

From a total of 32,313 Covid patients between June 12-July 12,

--8,131 (25.22%) were asymptomatic,

--16,755 (51.8%) experienced mild symptoms,

--6,142 (19%) had moderate symptoms,

--1,285 (3.98%) had severe symptoms.

1520765338_BKKHospitalizations.jpg.8487c46f939df8140fa3c76dc423d61d.jpg

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1414829322741846019

Yes, as we can see only a very small minority become seriously ill, and of course this is known cases. Depending on the expert you ask there will be 2-10 times as many who are simply infected but don't come to the attention of the authorities because they don't feel ill.

Of course, I'm not advocating that people don't get vaccinated, but the fact is we simply can't at this time.  So at least this sober assessment of our prospects should be some comfort.

Edited by mommysboy

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

Yes, as we can see only a very small minority become seriously ill, and of course this is known cases. Depending on the expert you ask there will be 2-10 times as many who are simply infected but don't come to the attention of the authorities because they don't feel ill.

Right now, Thailand has 3,000+ COVID patients hospitalized in critical condition.

If you start applying that 4% figure with severe symptoms across a large population of COVID hospitalizations, the numbers aren't so small.

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Congratulations,we have not,I am mid seventies wife mid sixties suffering from bronchiatasis bumped 3 times via online and face to face registration.

I mentioned your post to my wife, she is so pleased for you.

That’s really unfortunate. Keep trying and keep an eye out for any updates. Hopefully you can get lucky and get a jab soon 

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Right now, Thailand has 3,000+ COVID patients hospitalized in critical condition.

If you start applying that 4% figure with severe symptoms across a large population of COVID hospitalizations, the numbers aren't so small.

That's true of course, but for the individual it's a 4% chance. Actually I don't think you should extrapolate that 4% much to the whole population that get infected.  As I said the official figures are usually only based on those people who come to attention.

From a societal perspective it's horrible of course, because even a small quotient multiplied by 60 million results in horrendous casualties.

Once again, I'm approaching this from the individual perspective.  I'm not a denialist or anti-vaxxer. I'm just providing balance here to people (like me) who are stuck without a vaccine.

Richard Barrow keeps reporting that older farangs are being accepted for walk-in vaccinations at the Bang Sue rail center in BKK (along with legions of older Thais).

But I haven't seen many (any?) confirming reports from members here who've gone there and been able to successfully obtain a vaccination at Bang Sue.

Anyone have any direct experience with that?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What it actually means is that we expats who have diligently searched for a solution to getting registered since day one of this rollout don't like hearing sanctimonious lectures and criticism from those who, through no real effort on their part and only by pure luck, simply fell ass-backwards into getting vaccinated, when the vast majority of us were not as lucky despite extraordinary efforts.

People who gloat and have a "holier than thou" superiority about this are not only annoying but insulting. 

To those people I say, How about contributing something useful to others on this thread instead of repeatedly trying to derail it with unfounded, mean-spirited, and self-inflating nonsense?

So it’s not the “misinformation” you object to? It’s something else now. 

why were you moaning about “misinformation” only a few minutes ago?

On 7/12/2021 at 11:17 AM, Jingthing said:

All I can think of is to contact our home country representatives and try to prove to them that the situation for us here is almost impossible and getting our embassies to help at this point is completely justified. 

Forget about the UK embassy, won't get any help there.

I had no problem went to the hospital in Bangkok got the first jab about 3 weeks ago and got a appointment for the 2nd one in September. I don't understand what the problem is that  everyone is having Payaphai2 hospital in bangkok

• Like 1