Thailand reports 9,317 new COVID-19 cases, 87 more deaths

webfact

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The government says it has no plans to scrap the use of mixed vaccinations and they are asking all related agencies to consider the National Communicable Disease Committee's recommendations

#Thailand #ซิโนแวค #Sinovac #แอสตร้าเซเนก้า #AstraZeneca #วัคซีนโควิด #วัคซีนโควิด19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1415163334995763200

Ignoring the WHO which patted them on the back.  Guess they are expecting to be patted on the back again by ignoring the advice and then Proving they were right, no matter if it was wrong.....Still waiting on the homemade vaccine that Anutin said was close to being completed about 1 year ago.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So long as that little voice just tells you nonsense like this and doesn't start ordering you about, it's probably nothing to be concerned about.

The voices in my own head have always been reasonable and rational and never let me down. Mine and yours may be related. 

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Regarding a proposal on the mixed use of different vaccines for the first and second jabs, the government spokesman said, the priority was the fastest inoculation for as many people as possible because the Delta variant of COVID-19 was easily transmissible and was spreading rapidly.

Why don't they say what they mean......

Currently we  need to 'ration' AZ shots.

That might involve a AZ followed by Sinovac. Have a nice day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, smedly said:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest insights - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

over 75 and older (the very old) are still high but the demographic has changed to a younger age also

overall admissions have been drastically reduced though - which is why the UK is opening up for now

How much of that change is due to the fact that the elderly are more likely to be fully vaccinated?

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) latest insights - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

over 75 and older (the very old) are still high but the demographic has changed to a younger age also

overall admissions have been drastically reduced though - which is why the UK is opening up for now

Much obliged - thank you.  Just goes to show the countries that secured the most vaccinations and convinced their populations to take it will be the ones back to normal fastest.   The UK really did have an unlimited budget to secure vaccinations, which is a very different "unlimited budget" to the one I believe Thailand stated it had to purchase vaccinations.   

A lot of people accuse Thailand ministers of being greedy but really it shows the opposite here as by not securing these vaccinations it will cost not just the country dearly in the short term, but in the long run it will also cost these ministers here as well, as 20% of their potential GDP income from tourism is going to be going to countries that decided vaccinations were something that should be physically ordered with physical money, rather than just talked about as something that could theoretically be ordered with theoretical money.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just heard from a mate. He's had AZ now getting Sinopharm Saturday. Says he doen't have much choice.

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Channel 3 News is now doing a story on the mixing of the vaccines, and the locations you can go to to get your updated shot.  CW, Central Westgate, and then a few others, limited in number daily and they had a QR Code for registering it appears.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

delta is a different animal, it is now infecting the under 40's who were the last on the vaccination priority in the UK understandably, delta has changed all that 

Like I have said many times - this virus and the fundamentals change rapidly - delta even brought along a whole set on different symptoms - it's like is it a different disease entirely 

Delta appears more contagious, but more deadly? I don't think so.

I agree that there only rough indicators, and the past is not necessarily a reliable predictor for the future. 

And that seems to go for complex models, as well as back of cig pack calculations. Too many unknowns.

But we can thank our lucky stars that it isn't a real plague (although it doesn't seem lucky I must admit).

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Just heard from a mate. He's had AZ now getting Sinopharm Saturday. Says he doen't have much choice.

That just does not jive with the newest narrative, of using AZ as a second shot and then those with AZ already are supposed to get the second jab of AZ, just shown on the Channel 3 news.

THG chairman unfazed by GPO complaint over vaccine mismanagement allegations

The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation (GPO) has filed a police complaint against Thonburi Healthcare Group (THG) chairman Boon Vanasin and mathematician Loy Chunpongthong for attacks related to its import of Covid-19 vaccines.

Boon responded on Wednesday saying he was glad GPO has filed a complaint because it will have to reveal vaccine procurement documents publicly.

The THG chairman had accused GPO of charging private hospitals an extra 5-10 per cent for vaccine management.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003226

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

How much of that change is due to the fact that the elderly are more likely to be fully vaccinated?

most are but there is no denying that the very elderly are still at risk - one issue with old age is that vaccines don't work as well - it is well known that there are still vulnerable groups in the UK population that still need to be very careful and to an extent are being advised to maintain isolation and protection protocals 

it is common sense 

2 hours ago, law ling said:

And RIP to the deceased ... an ugly, painful, frightening death by all accounts ... many victims may have been hearty and spry just a week or two ago ... a lesson for us all.

Frankly, I wouldn't say many were hearty and spry (which I take to mean fit and healthy).  

Excluding genuine body builders, rugby props, etc, I would say a BMI of 22, no health issues, and consistently able to run a mile or two (or equivalent) a few times a week without ill effects, probably means someone is fit and healthy.

1 minute ago, smedly said:

most are but there is no denying that the very elderly are still at risk - one issue with old age is that vaccines don't work as well - it is well known that there are still vulnerable groups in the UK population that still need to be very careful and to an extent are being advised to maintain isolation and protection protocals 

it is common sense 

I was referring to the fact that the balance of patients has changed so that now younger patients comprise a higher percentage of hospitalizations. That is, at least, partially a consequence of differing vaccination rates.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

That just does not jive with the newest narrative, of using AZ as a second shot and then those with AZ already are supposed to get the second jab of AZ, just shown on the Channel 3 news.

Jive or not that's what he has just now told me.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I was referring to the fact that the balance of patients has changed so that now younger patients comprise a higher percentage of hospitalizations. That is, at least, partially a consequence of differing vaccination rates.

Indeed you were and you were right to point out the responder appeared to give a politician's reply imo, lol.  (No offence to responder btw as we all do it from time to time.)

19 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I don't think anyone could argue that this would be done to improve the level of protection. Disregard and study that would be result driven. Meaning result driven to justify use.

This is done for ONE reason. Supply of Sinovac vs AZ. Added note AZ will be required for folk that previously received double Sinovac. Esp front line health workers.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Channel 3 News is now doing a story on the mixing of the vaccines, and the locations you can go to to get your updated shot.  CW, Central Westgate, and then a few others, limited in number daily and they had a QR Code for registering it appears.

I see there are no shortage of volunteers to become a mix and match lab rat to study the long term health effects.Like getting a nasal swap that causes the brain to bleed, people put their well being into the hands of strangers at a frightening rate, kind of reminds me of a story about pipers.Who ever said that mind control wasn't a fantasy might not be a nutter after all.

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That is, at least, partially a consequence of differing vaccination rates.

I think it has more to do with the delta variant, the last people to be vaccinated in the UK are under 40 and it is still ongoing, the delta variant has shown it can infect anyone regardless of age - that is a dangerous shift, I wonder what is coming next

I sometimes wonder if there is a military lab somewhere working for a certain government who are constantly engineering/developing this virus as a weapon and deploying it around the world, every time we get on top of it something more sinister and deadly comes right out of the woodwork, if we hadn't seen alpha beta etc this pandemic would be long over  - could we be at war 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's a model of the true infections in Thailand, if you take the mean average then it indicates over 26,000 thousand a day although the data is up till the end of June only so now would be even more:

"A key limitation in our understanding of the COVID-19 pandemic is that we do not know the true number of infections. Instead, we only know of infections that have been confirmed by a test – the confirmed cases. But because many infected people never get tested,2 we know that confirmed cases are only a fraction of true infections. How small a fraction though?

To answer this question, several research groups have developed epidemiological models of COVID-19. These models use the data we have – confirmed cases and deaths, testing rates, and more – plus a range of assumptions and epidemiological knowledge to estimate true infections and other important metrics."

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-models#institute-for-health-metrics-and-evaluation-ihme

data 14 july 2.png

Careful there, you’re making too much sense and will upset the numpty clan that steadfastly believe without question the figures that the system is putting out. Thailand is not special, people get infected just the same as anywhere. 

• Like 1