Are Pfizer shots the cure for Thailand’s COVID crisis?

webfact

11 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

As I have said in other topics Pfizer is at the bottom of my list because of the irrational temperature control needed if you want to get it in Thailand. Not to mention myocarditis and pericarditis.

Actually the myocarditis and pericarditis have occurred mostly, if not entirely, in the young. And mostly, if not entirely, in young men.

Edited by placeholder

5 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Your source and date. Thailand certainly is experiencing a surge, as is the US. I am an American Expat, out priced in my own country for retirement and am very aware of my country’s shortcomings, however … I also recognize when something is done consistent with the ideals of helping others.

Some might say the West are hoarding vaccines far in excess of their populations and are rightfully being shamed into helping others.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

As most are aware, many things have been “said”. I am thinking the source of such statements is critical. As an American Expat, I’ll let you know if I am contacted by the Embassy. Over 70 and under care of my Cardiologist … no news yet.

Good luck matey - smiley emoji 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rbkk said:

Some might say the West are hoarding vaccines far in excess of their populations and are rightfully being shamed into helping others.

My country UK, has committed to sharing any surplus vaccines, I did send an email to BOJO requesting a few million doses to Thailand, particularly the expat community, that was on 27 June, the only response I have received so far is to tell me that my communication has been passed to the relevant department, whatever the F that means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Wait. Wut?

U.S. Embassy staff, family and friends got Pfizer close to three months ago.

Am guessing other doses have been administered as well.

E0tFBeQVgAM7v66.jpg

I thought everyone knew better than to post pictures of the Vax card online.

Encourages counterfeits.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I was under the impression that 20% of the donated vaccines were to be given to eligible American expats, or was that something else ? 

The suggestion that 20% of donated Pfizer would be reserved for foreigners (not just Americans) came from a Thai health director—not from anyone at the American Embassy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

The suggestion that 20% of donated Pfizer would be reserved for foreigners (not just Americans) came from a Thai health director—not from anyone at the American Embassy.

Thanks for the update, of that fact I was unaware, I can't believe a Thai health official is on our side LOL 

19 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Some say a lot of things. Not everything said holds the same weight nor is supported by the historical documentation. As an A,Eric an, I ought to be aware of this, afterall my country has a man claiming to have won an election that he lost by around 7 million votes.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

It was more a statement than a suggestion. The tone was to pacify the Thai's over only receiving 80% of the donation.

5 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Stop people. 
The US government does not give a good God**** about you or I.  The best thing to do is to get over it.  The country does not care about it's overseas expats or it's veterans.  The sooner you accept that the easier it becomes to simply let American go and be the Exceptional Nation Who Could Care Less About Its Own Citizen. It's goal is to absorb weaker nations.  You are already absorbed - so you no longer matter.
Expect nothing.  You'll be happier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Wait. Wut?

U.S. Embassy staff, family and friends got Pfizer close to three months ago.

Am guessing other doses have been administered as well.

E0tFBeQVgAM7v66.jpg

I think it is a reasonable guess that some other doses were administered to people outside the US embassy.

Someone in the Thai medical community has also alleged that Pfizer applied for registration in November but was rejected, despite many protestations that that Pfizer and Moderna had not applied.  Same thing happened in India where it emerged months later that Pfizer was the first vaccine producer to apply but was held up for months with ridiculous demands until they withdraw their application. AFAIK no US vaccines have been approved in India which is somewhat allergic to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.   

5 hours ago, That time again said:

I just returned to USA for this vaccine , walked in Free next one in a month 

I t isn't free really. You have to pay for airfare, arrange a place to stay for a month, miss at least 1 months work if you are not retired and pay for quarantine on return to Thailand.

So maybe you have frequent flier miles, a house or relative, retired... but it still costs.

Edited by smccolley
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Forget Pfizer. Why wasn't Moderna brought in for mass distribution, instead of relying on Pfizer? Why was Moderna left to be an "alternative" vaccine, held up from being purchased for months. Thailand could have had Moderna much faster and more easily than Pfizer, which, as the article states, is yet to arrive--even the gifted donations. It all makes no sense. You get equal coverage from Moderna plus Moderna's storage and distribution is more viable than Pfizer. 

I think the one main advantage to Pfizer is that it is approved for teens. I really want my 12 and 17 year old to get the jab so they can be safe returning to the classroom... and oh god do I want them to return ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The Pfizer jab’s efficacy is impressively high thanks to its innovative mRNA technology.

Well yeah.  It turns you into a 'spiked protein' manufacturing-plant.  By the way, the process can never be turned off.  Now this is where long term studies would be invaluable as to assessing the many of the factors of taking a gene therapy in which a specialize protein is manufactured forever in the human body.  Ok - works great for binding with Covid receptors.  But then, what happens when Covid is eradicated via vaccine induced 'herd-immunity' and Covid disappears (as we are assured) - but - spiked protein synthesis continue unabated for the rest of your life?
Hummm.  I wonder if they'll make an mRNA gene therapy to turn the process off in the future.  I mean, what damage could it do?  I'm sure nothing. 

But an analogy comes to mind.
Let's introduce cane toads to eat bugs. The more cane toads the less bugs. Cane toads are good!!! Then the bugs we don't like disappear - success!!! Cane toads are great - Nobel Prizes for all Cane Toads. Then the cane toads eat the good bugs.  In fact they eat all sorts of critters which support the ecology.  Plus they excrete poison. 
"But but but!  They eat bugs!"
It's all good!!!  And they keep reproducing, eat "bad" bugs, eat "good" bugs, reproduce reproduce reproduce - But it's all good right!  They kill the "bad" bugs!!!

"I don't understand your analogy.  In fact - what's an analogy?"

Exactly!  That is exactly where we are at in the understanding of "The Cure That Is Guaranteed To Work 100%"

3 hours ago, rbkk said:

Why has Pfizer not been approved for use yet in Thailand. Sinopharm was done in record time...4 days wasn't it and over a weekend?

...? Easy to answer. Because now "administration" money  (out of Thailand) for the corrupt junta + cronies !

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Seems the horse called Thailand has stumbled out of the Covid-19 sweepstakes starting gate and is still running along on just 3 legs.  The Government lied about ordering it and then the next question is "Where is the donated Pfizer"

When it does come last heard end of the month but there is a catch the supposed 20% for Americans Expat is now going to the front line workers as a booster then you got the leaders all the MP their families, then of course the list goes on with top heavy government jobs they will all get the booster whatever left I would be surprise you ( if American ) or I get a call for ours. You are already seeing the diplomatic Washington two step by the U.S. Embassy people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

As mother always used to say....

"We are short of nothing we've got"

Only Thailand even short of the promised ( and far from best option) AZ that should be locally made and in abundance since June 7th....

31 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

When it does come last heard end of the month but there is a catch the supposed 20% for Americans Expat is now going to the front line workers as a booster then you got the leaders all the MP their families, then of course the list goes on with top heavy government jobs they will all get the booster whatever left I would be surprise you ( if American ) or I get a call for ours. You are already seeing the diplomatic Washington two step by the U.S. Embassy people.

What 2 step by the Embassy? Neither the Embassy nor the higher-up at the State Dept. have ever made an claim about any 20%. 

4 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Let's hope that what happened in Vegas, stayed in Vegas.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

What 2 step by the Embassy? Neither the Embassy nor the higher-up at the State Dept. have ever made an claim about any 20%. 

I'm not going to do the research for you do it yourself! Time to wake up and spell the coffee!

Edited by thailand49

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

I'm not going to do the research for you do it yourself! Time to wake up and spell the coffee!

It's best not to make claims you can't back up. But if you do make a claim, don't expect others to do your research. Best just to keep mum. Especially since it's almost invariably the rule that those who tell others to do their research for them, actually have nothing to back up their claim in the first place.