Thailand reports daily record of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

14 minutes ago, connda said:

Most of the country is rural.  They don't have enough cops to enforce this except in about 3% of the country. 
By the way.  Big funeral in the village today.  The cops weren't here to throw all the 'gathering' violators into prison.  Those cops were helping with traffic. 

I love rural Thailand!

Same in my village, we've had three lately, people in their 80's. Always a big gathering but mostly with masks, not a policeman in sight and the funerals take 3 days on average, nobody has been vaccinated yet but I and a middle aged woman have had new dentures.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

One of those deaths in Bkk was the aunt of the wife's friend. He and his entire extended family got it, including two young kids, and all had to be hospitalised in a field hospital. He is getting better but his Mum is still critical and might not make it. All adults in the house (5 or 6 I think) had one shot of AZ three weeks before getting sick. 

Stay safe friends.  The delta is really contagious.  

Was the aunt who sadly died vaccinated at all?  Hopefully, the one shot of AZ helped prevent more serious effects.  Very worrying for those of us still waiting for our first jab.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, James105 said:

What does the number of hospital admissions and deaths look like in the UK?   When you find out that answer you will find out why restrictions are being lifted there.

Hospitalizations are starting to march on up. Deaths are starting to rise but usually take a few weeks to catch up. The big difference is that Thailand was hospitalizing all cases in order to prevent spread. The UK allows home quarantine.  The other difference is the UKs high vaccination rate, which means  cases tend to be younger.

image.png.75d5af63bc4bb2b99142a2ba6d5b5539.png

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-hospitalizations

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Exactly.

There aren’t a lot of memorable events from the beginnings of epidemics, only the peaks (“bring out of your dead”). So, at the beginning of a wave, we get people posting that the epidemic isn’t so bad, why is everyone so agitated.

My advice: think about the worst part of the Black Death before you post how this epidemic is no big deal. The point is to stop this wave in its tracks, not coddle it.

I did not post how this epidemic is no big deal. Coddle that.

• Haha 1

Lately, I've noticed a lot of the grocery shopping items I normally buy online from various supermarkets in BKK have begun showing out of stock. 

And yesterday, the manager of one of those supermarkets called my wife to say an item that I had been waiting to come back in stock had arrived at their warehouse, but that they couldn't get it to the store right now because of COVID for some unexplained reason.

Normally, each week I buy regular potatoes from Tesco online in BKK. The past few days, Tesco online has had no potatoes, and Tops Online likewise has been out of stock. And that's just one example among many.

I don't know if it's a supply issue, a logistics issue, perhaps panic buying, or some combination of all three. But the impacts are beginning to be felt.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, soalbundy said:

The number of deaths from infections are just a little over 1%,  hardly Ebola  is it. The deaths maybe somewhat under reported but then so are the asymptomatic cases and those cases that go unreported.

Are you aware that 4 million+ have died from Covid-19? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Because if Pfizer is indeed much more effective, then they might decide to get some. Or, people might decide to fly to a different country to get it.

It’s hard for me to see that information on the effectiveness of Covid vaccines isn’t useful given current circumstances.

There may be issues with Pfizer and the Delta variant. Be careful what you wish for. 

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Just to expand on James105's reply. About half of the UK's population is fully vaccinated. Among the elderly it's much higher. So deaths and hospitalizations are way down. I think about 5% of Thailands people have received at least 1 job. Ya think that difference might be significant?

It's about 5% for two shots, and 13%+ for at least one shot:

Screenshot_4.jpg.a6eb5dcdfd65fba03f910eab1e12769c.jpg

1420957474_2021-07-08VaccinationRatesbyCountry.jpg.5168e28f070141756ecea7f2e70eed49.jpg

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

3 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The 7,443 number you cite above is NOT new hospital admissions. It's new cases identified in hospital settings by testing there. Those positive cases could be sent home for self isolation, they could be referred to field hospitals, or they could be admitted to regular hospitals, depending on their seriousness of their symptoms.

Likewise, the new cases identified from outreach testing could just as well be admitted to regular hospitals, IF their symptoms are serious enough, or sent elsewhere as explained above.

All we really know for sure is, on Saturday, there were 10,082 new cases reported and 6,327 "recovered" patients cleared out of the COVID hospital / field hospital / hospitels system, plus 141 new deaths also taken off the boards. Meaning a net of about 3,600 new positive cases were added into the COVID active case system somewhere.

The assumptions you're making aren't supported by the available facts.

You may be right. I will think about it and post tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

Update: Latest info I'm getting is CCSA saying all busineses in BKK and I guess surrounds except transportation should prepare to shut down. Not sure what this will entail.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, meltonpie said:

Eh?
you have heard of asymptomatic right?
If someone turns up at hospital for a test are you saying they don’t get tested if they don’t have symptoms? (It wouldn’t surprise me)

and if they test positive without symptoms I thought that some were now being sent home to isolate( maybe I got that wrong)

if they get tested, they should be in the stats, whether they are positive or not. Otherwise everyone who gets tested would be positive!
you have some very weird logic

Most of what you wrote is correct. But no one who tests negative is shown in the stats as a case. 

4 hours ago, meltonpie said:

Eh?
you have heard of asymptomatic right?
If someone turns up at hospital for a test are you saying they don’t get tested if they don’t have symptoms? (It wouldn’t surprise me)

and if they test positive without symptoms I thought that some were now being sent home to isolate( maybe I got that wrong)

if they get tested, they should be in the stats, whether they are positive or not. Otherwise everyone who gets tested would be positive!
you have some very weird logic

Most of what you wrote is correct. But no one who tests negative is shown in the stats as a case. 

Just now, Danderman123 said:

If vaccinations reduce the number of mutation factories (people), the chances of mutations will be reduced. 

What you are saying is that diseases like smallpox and polio can not be beaten, and we are just doomed to living with them. That would be news to a lot of people. 

Well Influenza and the common cold are still with us. I place more hope on future medication reducing the symptoms so that death is a very rare outcome, remember around 35,000 people die of influenza each year in the USA alone.

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 17, 2021) About 5.19% of the population is fully vaccinated. 10,697,578 (+272,653) people have received the first dose, while 3,432,911 (+34,481) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1416311477472923650

• Thanks 1

COVID is really like a bad horror movie, when you think things are improving, boom a new variant and a new twist that put us all back 6 months ago

the UK and Israel are back into local lockdowns despite their 80% coverage,

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 17, 2021) About 5.19% of the population is fully vaccinated. 10,697,578 (+272,653) people have received the first dose, while 3,432,911 (+34,481) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #COVID19 #ล็อกดาวน์ #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1416311477472923650

Needing to do 550,000+ per day. Averaging under 300,000 per day, including weekends. A sure recipe for failure in meeting the government's own stated goal of fully vaccinating 70% of the population (50 million people, 100 million doses) by the end of the year.

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

But no one who tests negative is shown in the stats as a case.

So all those who tested positive then tested negative after their quarantine are not in the stats as a case? I think you need to rephrase that statement ...

Edited by onthedarkside
flame comment removed

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

So the Doctor that predicted 10,000 infections per day,

before end of the month was correct, now looking at  what

the next level is to break, with all these people getting

the Sinovac jab and thinking they are protected, it's

not looking good.

regards Worgeordie

it will get as high as many tests are allowed ????

if test capacity is 20K, then it will be the maximum number of cases, even if it's 200K in reality

Edited by onthedarkside
false and unsubstantiated comments removed
  • Like 1

MCOT Channel 30 is airing a grieving Grandmother right now whose entire family is isolated at home where one of them has died while waiting for a hospital bed, and no one except a few people are delivering food to those that are isolated.  To say she is bereft is being nice, as she can not be with the family and has to stay elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

190 million infections (that we know of) gives a death rate of 2%

by comparison 32% of all deaths worldwide are due to heart attacks.....admittedly we all have to die of something.

Are heart attacks infectious? 

Are they preventable by vaccination? 

Your logic is peccable. 

• Haha 2