Thailand reports another record high new COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

'Does Thailand need AZ anymore? '

You bet it does.  Sorry to ask, but what on earth came over you to ask such a crazy question?

I believe it was more of a rhetorical question. 

2 hours ago, law ling said:

A lot of agony in store for sure.

Such a shame:

1. they didn't join COVAX and

2. they didn't order adequate vaxes (and still haven't)

The plan here seems to be: politicans are double-vaxed and the rest of you: endure it, and see you at the other end, if you make it.

Ah, natural selection - it was once "survival of the fittest", now "survival of the most corrupt" it will be interesting if in a future world only politicians, depots and billionaires remain?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It is not entirely clear if those restrictions are for all dark red zones, or merely the greater Bangkok area.

To be clear, the curfew will be imposed in Chonburi, but the restrictions in Bangkok on sit down dining May not apply in Chonburi, I don’t know.

It seem entirely clear to me that it applies to people living in dark red zones.If Chon Buri is a dark red zone (which it is) then these restrictions apply to the people living there.Each province may have additional restrictions of which they will the public.

The measures are:

▪︎ People living in dark red provinces (maximum and strictly controlled areas) are not allowed to go outdoors unless necessary.

▪︎ Curfew hours are imposed from 9pm to 4am.

▪︎ Restaurants, shopping malls and convenience stores must be closed from 8pm to 4am.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

While i agree with your sentiments 100 %, there are factors involved.

The Thai people allowed Prayut to run amok through their Country, - true.

But if you ask many Thais why they do nothing to stop this Governments Rape of their County the reply will be " They have Tanks and Guns, and we do not "

It's definitely not an easy choice to make but they have to live with their choices or make new ones.Some are able to make the tough decisions and make them quickly and painlessly others it seems must suffer their inability to so.It's just so painful to watch.

• Like 1

The government seems to be totally focused on restrictions with no mention that I can see of procuring more and better vaccines immediately--that is what is needed the most and announcements on vaccine shipments seem to have all gone quiet.      

4 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

It's definitely not an easy choice to make but they have to live with their choices or make new ones.Some are able to make the tough decisions and make them quickly and painlessly others it seems must suffer their inability to so.It's just so painful to watch.

True words, and yes its painful to watch these people suffer at the Hands of the Gang.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The whole country stood by and allowed him to do it so I don't think he is solely to blame for this mess.Thailand as a nation must shoulder the blame.It's too easy to pin it on one person to absolve the culpability in this and doesn't fix the cause of the problem which is not choosing the most capable to run the country.

Choosing?? How does one go about choosing a coup leader?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, anchadian said:

NEW HIGH: Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 660 new cases and two more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (93), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (167), and Si Racha (217). The total cases so far is now 15,375 with 6,308 remaining in care #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1416551340600266752

It's not looking good anywhere. Where I live yesterday I was coming out or Macro and saw a large truck with a Ambulance in front of the truck. They took the driver out and was giving him oxygen, while the man was shaking all over, he died in hospital today. But no need to worry the vaccines are coming. Right!

• Like 1

Of the 76 provinces that have reported cases in the past 24 hours, 27 have reported more than 100 cases, 16 have reported between 51-100 cases, 29 have reported between 11-50 cases and 4 have reported between 1-10 cases.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1416631146901774336

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Starting from Tuesday, there will be 13 provinces in the dark red zones and tougher restrictions: Bangkok, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Narathiwat, Pathum Thani, Pattani, Ayutthaya, Yala, Songkhla, Samut Prakan and Samut Sakhon (Source:

@NBTWORLDNews)

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416634917056696326

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

When the leader who declared himself the Csar in sole charge of the Covid fight blatantly stopped entities from procuring vaccines then how is that the nations fault for allowing him to do it.

people/companies were threatened and told not to try-it, they did not stand back.

The government forced people to back off from entering into negotiations.

Totally agree with that and he also said he would be responsible for his decisions but did any believe him?I also think they should hold him personally responsible but doubt the conviction of Thais to do so,like you say he has guns and tanks and the Thai don't have the will to fight at this (or any other) stage.

• Thanks 1

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday: Since 1 April

374,523 people infected (+9 imported and +11,388 local cases)

3,247 dead +101

116,135 in care

3,464 in ICU and 846 on ventilators

5,726 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1416632240998518785

• Like 1