Thailand reports again record high of 11,784 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

22 minutes ago, club said:

Good luck on people taking Sinovac. Not going to happen

You might want to save your good luck wishes for problems that actually exist. So far, Thailand is having no problems finding people willing to be inoculated with Coronavac.

14 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

At the same time as Anutin is trying to put pressure on AZ  for the 10Million Doses, just to save his own lying A@@

BTW, 10 M doses would be the entire SB production per Month.

AZ will just retaliate with a " Component shortage problem " or something.

They have nothing to retaliate for. They already made the agreements public, which was a massive kick in the behind for the health minister. However you turn it around, it shows that he is a businessman, just that he's not gambling with the company but rather country and its people. In business, profits can rarely be made without a risk. So you take a calculated risk. Here, he took risk (not joining COVAX, gambling on single vaccine producer to save costs) which didn't pan out, but those losing out (or rather losing lives) are those who he is representing.

Regardless of anything else, he will be remembered in the Thai history books. And the description will not be flattering.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smedly said:

they don't have much choice do they

they are fully aware that it is all but useless just like the builders and generals that bought it

also what they may not know is how long its minimal protect lasts, estimated to degrade rapidly

As of now, no clinical studies of the effectiveness of Coronavac vs. the Delta variant. How did you come by your belief that it is all but useless?

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Australia has locked down the country again with no entry for anyone with just over 100 new cases daily and Thailand with now over 11,000 new daily cases is opening up to tourists you have to wonder what the mentality of this Government is .

Which government ru refering to? 

Just now, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia saw a sharp drop in new Covid-19 cases on Sunday, but deaths were up marginally, collated data showed

Indonesia plans Moderna booster for doctors, as Asean sees sharp drop in new cases

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40003422

I'm not saying that a one day drop is significant but you would expect to see deaths rise for a while even as infections rates go down due to the time lag between getting infected and dying.

5 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

A coup every 5 years says Thailand is the exception to that rule.

There's running a country and there's taking over a country by force. As for every 5 yrs I guess it's time. As I said in a previous post Prayut will really be looking over his shoulder.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

They have nothing to retaliate for. They already made the agreements public, which was a massive kick in the behind for the health minister. However you turn it around, it shows that he is a businessman, just that he's not gambling with the company but rather country and its people. In business, profits can rarely be made without a risk. So you take a calculated risk. Here, he took risk (not joining COVAX, gambling on single vaccine producer to save costs) which didn't pan out, but those losing out (or rather losing lives) are those who he is representing.

Regardless of anything else, he will be remembered in the Thai history books. And the description will not be flattering.

Given that Thailand only requested 3 million doses  of AZ per month, it's highly unlikely that cost saving was the plan. Rather the opposite, actually.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Yup, Australia have mastered the art of using lockdowns effectively. Vaccinations? now thats a whole other story. They will be locking down for ever at the rate they are going with vaccinations.

Yep vaccs in Aus not going so well but 13% fully vacced still puts Thailand to shame with if I remember is around 6% fully vacced and vacced with the Chinese stuff.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, realfunster said:

The 10 million AZ per month is not happening, you can read other threads on this matter and the 'disagreement' between AZ and Thai Government.

Correspondence has been leaked indicating Thailand ordered 3m AZ per month in Sep'20, rejected AZ advise to join COVAX and is now, in the face of local political pressure, is suddenly requesting 10m AZ per month. This would mean AZ deliveries will be cut to other countries in the region who have previously ordered vaccines in good faith.

AZ have offered to increase Thailand's share to 5m per month, we will see how it all plays out !...

Hence I said: “If true, “

I don’t believe it either. On the other hand, on those days when a new batch is received, the daily vaccination still stays in the 300k range. So it suggests that there is still some other issues holding up vaccinations. It maybe something as simple as they already know they won’t have enough to last until the next batch comes in and so operate at below capacity for a week, rather than full bore for 3 days and then nothing for 4 days.

Who knows? They haven’t  released any information on the vaccination program capacity other than the daily chart that shows them falling further and further behind their daily target.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Nor was it meant to, but that is what forums are for, sharing experiences, knowledge and opinions.

Welcome to my ignore list.  

YOu mean sharing alleged experiences. Claims that are not independently verifiable are worthless. Especially  suspect are big claims  such as those made by the poster here.

My unverifiable opinion is that those most easily offended are those most likely to be making dubious claims.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

There's running a country and there's taking over a country by force. As for every 5 yrs I guess it's time. As I said in a previous post Prayut will really be looking over his shoulder.

There’s running a country and running a country effectively. I think you were talking about the latter, we’re you not?