How are we supposed to eat safely?

Oxx

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Get a microwave oven all foods on say a setting between 600 and 900 from 40 secs to 1 minute will kill bacteria.

Live in the third world country for 2 years and you overly clean farang gut will get use to the bacteria. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ArcticFox said:

Live in the third world country for 2 years and you overly clean farang gut will get use to the bacteria. 

Yeah maybe dunno not interested, have my wife who takes care, otherwise I'm back to eating bake beans out the tin.

TV dinners from microwave or the grill or the toaster. ????

• Like 1

I’d say the OP on this post is just having us on…..no one is that simple or helpless!? And no one eats Mall food unless as a last resort????

I have four Sons and they all learned to cook, wash clothes and iron pre teens or at least early teens.
Just part of what you need to know to survive uni. and early manhood! None of them (me included) are great cooks but we can all  cook basic meals…roast a chicken and make a salad or even a decent casserole!

Mushroom soup on toast

Beans on toast

Asian ramen salad

any one is less than five minutes prep time and not too bad!

• Like 2

One of the things I am constantly amazed by, is we are in the middle of this 28 days later type crisis, right. A pandemic. Don’t leave home. Wear a mask. Don’t touch anything. Did you just take off your mask to scratch your face? How dare you. 

But, if you look around, children are relaxed and playing. Grocery stores are all stocked and customers are orderly (and no, that’s not because humans always behave well during crisis). In fact, nobody looks too worried at all. 

People, especially children, understand intuitively what they are being told on the news, and what they see in real life are not the same. Not even close. And they act accordingly. I don’t see anyone afraid of anything on the streets. Quite the contrary actually. 

They tell us it’s 28 days later, but it is really something more like When Harry Met Sally. And people obviously know it. The ones who buy into it all shut themselves inside, as they should. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

38 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

I make it a practice to NEVER cook at home....too many dirty pots and pans and dishes....yuk! ????????????

I can always find a spot to seat and have someone else do the heavy lifting.....lazy? Maybe? Hungry?  Maybe? Happy? Always! ????????????????

If you’re eating street food it’s cheaper to eat out than buy groceries and cook for yourself!

Theres 3 or 4 different types of Thai cooking and the Northern Thais use raw blood in their soups etc. for taste… I’m never sure which ones are Northern Thais unless my wife is there so I’ve probably eaten my share but not searching it out????

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

If you're worried, most supermarkets will deliver.

Even 7-11 will do home delivery of a single item.

Register on the Makro site, order online, go to the parking lot and they load your car. Done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

I make it a practice to NEVER cook at home....too many dirty pots and pans and dishes....yuk! ????????????

I can always find a spot to seat and have someone else do the heavy lifting.....lazy? Maybe? Hungry?  Maybe? Happy? Always! ????????????????

My wife wont let me cook, Im ok with that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

are mall restaurants not permitted to be staffed for takeaway?

Not permitted.  Went to my local Gourmet Market in a shopping mall this morning.  Everything in the mall was shut, apart from the supermarket and two pharmacies.  The stalls that restaurants previously had set up for takeaway have gone.  It wasn't even possible to withdraw money from an ATM  blocked off.  None of the restaurants in the mall usually listed in Food Panda and Grab is there today.  To add insult to injury, only a fraction of the usual range of ready meals was available.

Edited by Oxx

53 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Not permitted.  Went to my local Gourmet Market in a shopping mall this morning.  Everything in the mall was shut, apart from the supermarket and two pharmacies.  The stalls that restaurants previously had set up for takeaway have gone.  It wasn't even possible to withdraw money from an ATM  blocked off.  None of the restaurants in the mall usually listed in Food Panda and Grab is there today.  To add insult to injury, only a fraction of the usual range of ready meals was available.

OMG say it’s not true????

Better get your affairs in order….and call the priest in advance!

And the world thought it had problems????????????

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

I actually saw similar in my area in Bangkok this morning, a lot of the food outlets and restaurants that were still open for takeaway last week are now mostly shut, even the macdonalds was in darkness. And this was on the street not in the shopping mall.

Edited by Whale

On 7/20/2021 at 7:53 AM, Dmaxdan said:

I've been eating "dodgy" food from cheap establishments for years and never had a problem.

The cheap places have a very quick turnaround of ingredients whereas the more expensive restaurants may store or refrigerate stuff they don't sell for who knows how long.

Me too. Never say never though!

• Like 1