Contract signed for Thailand’s 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, delivery in Q4 this year

webfact

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

I had my first AZ shot early June and i had the pains down my right leg and behind my neck for just one day.  Just laying down and resting and two Paracetamol, plenty of liquid (not beer) and it's over, so nothing to get excited about.    My second jab was 4th October but had a message this morning to say brought forward to 6th September, just about 12 weeks after the first.

It's a good vaccine. I reckon there's about 25% chance of suffering rather harsh symptoms (yours were mild), so I'd rather go with the Sinovac.  Each to his own I guess.

• Sad 1

Too little too late. People are just sitting around waiting to die now without hope..The spirit of the people is extinguished never to be rekindled. The damage done by this government and by covid is historical and similar to what was done in Cambodia by the Khymer Rouge.  The world can't beat Covid-19. Thailand certainly can't.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BestB said:

Who will be getting the good stuff ?

Front liners got Sinovac , government heads got AZ, do not tell me good stuff will go to everyone else 

Astrazeneca is the 'good stuff'. Sinovac is good enough. Pfizer is 'good stuff' but not some magic elixir- it has its problems.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

So the hi so that pushed to the front of the vaccine queue and have already been vaccinated will miss out? Leaving Pfizer for the poor people languishing at the back?

Oh the irony.

Hi so will still be at the front of the queue.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Too little too late. People are just sitting around waiting to die now without hope..The spirit of the people is extinguished never to be rekindled. The damage done by this government and by covid is historical and similar to what was done in Cambodia by the Khymer Rouge.  The world can't beat Covid-19. Thailand certainly can't.

Yes. If one thing distinguished the Khmer Rouge above all others, it was the brutality of their lockdowns.

5 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Also if the contract with Pfizer-Biontech contract is signed now(mid July 2021) then the process of production, delivery, payment,  forming a distribution committee, distribution committee planning meetings and then finally deliveries to the vaccination points could mean injections should start in Jan 2022?  This would be the best case scenario. 

No, that would not be the best case scenario, it would be the worst.  

The best case scenario would be deliveries in October (or earlier, you never know), a few days getting FDA approval here and distribution to vaccination centres immediately after that.   That could mean inoculations being given before the end of October.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

4th quarter delivery could mean as late as December 31, 2021.  Then quite a while after that before the vaccines could be distributed, and given out. 

It is also just as likely to be 1st October.   Why do you claim that it would it take "quite a while" to distribute the vaccine, why would it not be distributed as soon as FDA approval is granted (a few days)?   

What makes you think that Thailand, a tropical country, doesn't have cold storage facilites, do you think that vaccines that are currently being used don't need or get cold storage?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

I'd bet a good few quid that when it eventually arrives all the HI-So's will be chirping that they need a Booster Shot ASAP and another few quid that they jump the queue and get it before anyone else !

A bit like the equivalent hisos in the US, UK and Europe, then.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Yes. If one thing distinguished the Khmer Rouge above all others, it was the brutality of their lockdowns.

So the story goes just not the reality. Pretty incompetent lot from year 0.

2 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

This fiasco bears no resemblance to that moment in history. Sorry.

3 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

This fiasco bears no resemblance to that moment in history. Sorry.

Perhaps not to you and perhaps not yet but  the damage and destruction is similar just in slow motion...a multi generation loss as a power elite wilfully destroys the lives of people. The ideology behind the destruction is irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Too late to catch up with the variants

How do you know? Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, and AZ vaccines are still highly effective against Delta in slowing hospitalizations and reducing deaths.. You got evidence that they won't work against what's coming down the pike?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1