Contract signed for Thailand’s 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, delivery in Q4 this year

webfact

15 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Too little too late. People are just sitting around waiting to die now without hope..The spirit of the people is extinguished never to be rekindled. The damage done by this government and by covid is historical and similar to what was done in Cambodia by the Khymer Rouge.  The world can't beat Covid-19. Thailand certainly can't.

Just look on the bright side...ok maybe not. Comparing this pandemic and the handling of it to what the Khymer Rouge did in Cambodia is very sad.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, whaleboneman said:

Just look on the bright side...ok maybe not. Comparing this pandemic and the handling of it to what the Khymer Rouge did in Cambodia is very sad.

and very overwrought. Not to mention insulting to the Cambodians who actually experienced that horror show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

20 million doses which I assume means 10 million applications of 2 jabs each, or 10 million people vaccinated.  Assuming no does are lost or damaged or degraded during shipment, handling, application, etc.  Currently 50 million Thais are not vaccinated.    As a contract officer, I point out that saying 4th quarter delivery could mean as late as December 31, 2021.  Then quite a while after that before the vaccines could be distributed, and given out.  The Pfizer vaccine requires cold storage and shipping, so I would have my doubts that it will be distributed widely all over Thailand due to transportation and facility storage issues.  Of course it is possible, and countries have handled the cold storage, but I have my doubts about Thailand.

I assume that the 20 million doses will be delivered in more than one shipment, with the first shipment to be received in October, so vaccinations could start immediately after. It is not that complicated to ship, store and distribute the vaccines at the required low temperature using containers with dry ice also known as solid carbon dioxide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryopreservation.  With proper planning, most of the 20 million vaccines could be injected before the end of 4th quarter. But proper planning is definitely required, as they also have many millions of Sinovac, Astra Zeneca and Moderna vaccines in order to be delivered this year.

5 minutes ago, Xonax said:

I assume that the 20 million doses will be delivered in more than one shipment, with the first shipment to be received in October, so vaccinations could start immediately after. It is not that complicated to ship, store and distribute the vaccines at the required low temperature using containers with dry ice also known as solid carbon dioxide: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryopreservation.  With proper planning, most of the 20 million vaccines could be injected before the end of 4th quarter. But proper planning is definitely required, as they also have many millions of Sinovac, Astra Zeneca and Moderna vaccines in order to be delivered this year.

Shipping requirement for Pfizer are almost the same as for Moderna. Dry ice not necessary.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I hope I can opt for Sinovac because I prefer something more conventional, and I really don't fancy 'vigorous' side effects, but ultimately I just want anything really. I don't think any older farangs will see the Pfizer vaccine. Obviously the more vaccines available then the more chance of us getting something though.  GSK and Valneva also have vaccines nearing completion.  I hope the novel/mRNA vaccines become more tolerable in the future, as they are the best. 

Sinovac combined with actually getting Covid 19 with few or no symptoms may prove to be the best protection against the virus.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, law ling said:

Well done, finally! ... I just hope it's not too little too late.

see it to beleive it.. not hot air...

then it goes to wealthy thais

then to lower class thais

then to minmar workers

then left overs to dirty farang if they pay 50 0000

its what it is

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

some math.... 20 million doses Pfizer is enough for 10 million people without a booster..

3,9 million Moderna good for 1,8 million people. August/September/October/November/December = months a 6 million max Astra Zeneca is 30 million dose is for 15 million people. Now about 10 million have got their first jab so there are 5 million more needed to vaccinate them completely. Total

10 mill Pfizer, 1,8 million Moderna, 15 million AZ  makes 26,8 million people can be vaccinated. There 70 million people in Thailand - 5 million vaccinated already = 65 million left-10 million doses already given for 1 time is 55 million people left to be vaccinated- 26,8 million vaccines for the people makes 28,2 million people don't have anything before next year..

And than we hope the vaccine arrive very quickly, because if the vaccines arrive in November or December a lot of people will not be vaccinated this year...I fear for will happen in the meantime

Sometimes it's better not to think out loud because then other people can see what a mess it is in that persons head 55555

6 minutes ago, Xonax said:

Sinovac combined with actually getting Covid 19 with few or no symptoms may prove to be the best protection against the virus.

I don't recall seeing any studies that look at the infection rate, hospitalization rate, and mortality rate of people who got the virus and then got vaccinated. Or vice-versa for that matter. It would be interesting

“We are thrilled to have signed this important agreement with the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand as part of our shared commitment to be part of the country’s efforts to drive down COVID-19 infections,

If they where so "thrilled" and this was such an "important" agreement , why didn't they do this months ago ?? With their so called shared commitment 555555 damn if that is called commitment then the state of this country is worst then i thought . 

They had to make this picture after the first debacle of them saying we signed and pfizer saying we have no contact or contract with any thai at all . This bunch is unbelievable and so !@#$ childish . Could be the grosery list of mr A's mia noi their holding up there she must have some things she want to have him buy with that money he made from signing that contract  , who knows . 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

20 million doses which I assume means 10 million applications of 2 jabs each, or 10 million people vaccinated. 

I am sure vaccines are sold in vials not doses. Is there a mistake or perhaps something is lost in translation. If vial, Pfizer official statement was that each vial contain 5 doses. 

20 million vaccinations signed here, 50 million signed there, 30 millions, 10 millions, whatever-how-many millions .......... all the while billions of Baht already spent and yet no vaccinations ..... your call! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am sure vaccines are sold in vials not doses. Is there a mistake or perhaps something is lost in translation. If vial, Pfizer official statement was that each vial contain 5 doses. 

I recall seeing some some closeup of vials that said "shake or stir well before using" so I think you are probably correct.  Although the syringes I saw them using sure looked like they had a lot of fluid in them

Bravo!  20 million doses is a good start in the right direction, but that's only enough for 10 million folks with a 1st & 2nd shot!  What about ordering vaccine for the remaining 50 to 60 million Thais?

41 minutes ago, Xonax said:

You can assume first shipment in October, but I see no such words nor the actual wording of the contract or the agreement as one of the parties says. As for proper planning...really?  In Thailand?  Have you ever been there?  I have been 15 times since 2004. Some things they do very well, other things, not so much

Edited by gk10012001
add
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, law ling said:

Well done, finally! ... I just hope it's not too little too late.

But it is, too little, too late!!!!!!!!    20 million doses = 10 million people vaccinated in a country with a population of 70 million!!!!    What else could you call it??

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Possibly due to Tourette's syndrome? A few others are similarly afflicted.

Tourette's syndrome is a problem with the nervous system that causes people to make sudden movements or sounds, called tics, that they can't control. For example, someone with Tourette's might blink or clear their throat over and over again. Some people may blurt out words they don't intend to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Derek B said:

Tourette's syndrome is a problem with the nervous system that causes people to make sudden movements or sounds, called tics, that they can't control. For example, someone with Tourette's might blink or clear their throat over and over again. Some people may blurt out words they don't intend to say.

I hate to have to explain a joke.

• Haha 1

This raises an interesting question:  will the 20 million Pfizer vacs arrive prior to the prepaid deposit Moderna?  As of today, they haven’t ordered Moderna.   And if so, can those who prepaid Moderna opt over to Pfizer shots, while giving away or donating Modera?

12 minutes ago, Greenhill said:

But it is, too little, too late!!!!!!!!    20 million doses = 10 million people vaccinated in a country with a population of 70 million!!!!    What else could you call it??

Pay to play?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

“We are thrilled to have signed this important agreement with the Government of the Kingdom of Thailand as part of our shared commitment to be part of the country’s efforts to drive down COVID-19 infections,

If they where so "thrilled" and this was such an "important" agreement , why didn't they do this months ago ?? With their so called shared commitment 555555 damn if that is called commitment then the state of this country is worst then i thought . 

They had to make this picture after the first debacle of them saying we signed and pfizer saying we have no contact or contract with any thai at all . This bunch is unbelievable and so !@#$ childish . Could be the grosery list of mr A's mia noi their holding up there she must have some things she want to have him buy with that money he made from signing that contract  , who knows . 

Question; Is it a Contract or an Agreement? 2 Entirely different things.

• Like 1