Thailand reports new daily record of 13,002 coronavirus cases

webfact

1 minute ago, chickenslegs said:

I've tried using the Big C website. To be honest I'd rather risk the Covid.

Tesco and Tops are pretty good IMO.

You mean Lotus’s?

that rebranding is so strange. Thai people don’t seem to find it easy to say Lotus. They say Lotut. So now they have to say Lotut’tut.

anyway, off topic.

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No would you? Do you also think that the Czar should apologize for the governments own mistakes and mishandling of the situation before blaming anyone else?

I do, and so should the unapologetic health minister...

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

I do, and so should the unapologetic health minister...

Then we're agreed, hence why I directed my post at the PM the self proclaimed Czar of the CCSA and in overall command for not apologizing first before blaming other people, however irresponsible they have also been.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

These images should make you mad. They should make you upset, they should make you angry, and they should make you want to take action because the time for inaction is over.

I'm sure these images upset and anger everyone. Whether we can take meaningful action, other than social distancing etc., is another matter.  Do you have any suggestions?

6 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I found it interesting when reading about Vietnam's self made female billionaire (in American dollars) that the last 18 months has seen the largest growth of billionaires than has been seen previously.That's one of the economic consequences of the pandemic that is not so obvious.Whilst the poor are starving the rich are getting richer and that's called being civilised?

I suppose there are also have and have nots in the rich class as well. Just superficially, King Power has presumably seen a huge fall in profits, whilst others will have seen incredible profit growth. Having said that, the very rich normally have fingers in many pies.

In my opinion, one thing is for sure, the poor get poorer.

edit: that Vietnamese billionaire you mention owns Vietjet, presumably not doing so well, but also a real estate company and three beach resorts.

Edited by wensiensheng

18 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Hard to say if Thailand has a lockdown or not.

Seriously? Certain parts of Thailand, like Bangkok, are certainly locked down. I haven't left home for a week other than for a couple of runs to 7-11 and once to drive to Central for groceries.

There is absolutely nothing to do, and I am pretty sure that the current measures are stricter than anything that was put in place in my home city of Vancouver - a city which has now contained Covid to the point that masks are no longer required. Stricter lockdowns aren't necessarily the answer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Seriously? Certain parts of Thailand, like Bangkok, are certainly locked down. I haven't left home for a week other than for a couple of runs to 7-11 and once to drive to Central for groceries.

There is absolutely nothing to do, and I am pretty sure that the current measures are stricter than anything that was put in place in my home city of Vancouver - a city which has now contained Covid to the point that masks are no longer required. Stricter lockdowns aren't necessarily the answer.

I'm in dark red and very little change during the day.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I note you've had Sputnik.

I don't think Thailand would want to add to vaccine hesitancy with approving a vaccine that even WHO has not approved because of lack of official data.

I have no idea if its effective or not and the reason is the missing data.

Sorry, but that is a ridiculous overreaction. It works, certainly better than the sinovac. Tens of thousands of people on our jobsite are the living proof, as are the drastically reduced cases. In this situation it is absolutely necessary to make all options available to the population. 

There is only one reason why it has not been approved here, a brown envelope. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

They only shelved it because the request was turned down for this year!

Once more, the timing was bad for the Royal Thai Navy (RTN), with the country surpassing more than 10,000 new cases per day and the death toll soaring. July 17 brought a new 24-hour fatality record as 141 people succumbed to the virus. https://thaipbsworld.com/thailands-subm

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Over reaction to not having data? 

Anyway the Sputnik topic is here where you are currently posting, this topic is not about that particular vaccine.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1220710-russia’s-sputnik-v-vaccine-not-yet-approved-in-thailand-due-to-lack-of-data/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-16602509

The topic is the rise in cases and the horrible decisions made by this government. I don't need a lecture. 

If there are legitimate questions about the efficacy of the sputnik vaccine then where is it? 

The only issue has been about manufacturing questions. 

"The inspectors had concerns with the data integrity and testing results from monitoring during manufacturing and quality control, and with the monitoring and control of aseptic operation and filling." 

Notice that they don't say anything about whether or not these" concerns" actually have any effect on the safety or effectiveness of the vaccine. 

• Confused 4

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'm in dark red and very little change during the day.

French bakery brekfast, morning latte n chat,midday massage, sprite in a  bukao bar,late arvo bbq pork chop on 3rd road steak place. Nah no change!

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Massage shops are open in Pattaya?

Not legally, but I suspect they are left with 2 unappealing choices due to the lack of any government support to help them out after being ordered to close.   Either try and survive on zero income and somehow buy food and pay the rent or continue to operate illegally under the radar.    For many people in this country there are other things to worry about than just covid.   

• Like 1

The Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) has revealed that the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is threatening to prevent the export sector from achieving its 8%-10% growth target, as more factories become hamstrung by rising infections.

FTI vice-chairman Kriengkrai Thiennukul said disease transmission is affecting production capacity and will eventually hit plans to export goods. Some production lines have stopped and manufacturers are being forced to delay product delivery.

He said better export prospects are partly the result of the global economic recovery, driven by the two largest economies, the US and China. However, the high number of daily infections in Thailand during a vaccine shortage is causing serious concerns among people and businesses.

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158151493337050

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Three months of Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha’s salary, and those of some the government spokesperson’s team, will be spent on COVID-19 “survival boxes”, to be distributed to people in the “Dark Red” zone, according to Government Spokesperson. https://thaip.bs/R7TegZs

Granny Groupies.

15 minutes ago, Namtak said:

The topic is the rise in cases and the horrible decisions made by this government. I don't need a lecture. 

If there are legitimate questions about the efficacy of the sputnik vaccine then where is it? 

The only issue has been about manufacturing questions. 

"The inspectors had concerns with the data integrity and testing results from monitoring during manufacturing and quality control, and with the monitoring and control of aseptic operation and filling." 

Notice that they don't say anything about whether or not these" concerns" actually have any effect on the safety or effectiveness of the vaccine. 

What does "quality control" mean to you?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Massage shops are open in Pattaya?

I have 2 massages here since returning from sandbox. All the naughty stuff is alive and well 

These girls are not going to sit at home surviving on boiled rice 

• Like 1