Who will never vaccinate except if forced to for visa reasons ? and do you think that they will force us ?

5 minutes ago, ebice said:

Ah, but, w/o vaccination only 29 deaths compared to >300 deaths with high vaccination rate.

You are trying to mislead people about vaccination. The question is: why?

Vaccination prevents infection up to 90%, and hospitalization and death even more. Are you encouraging people not to vaccinate so they will be more exposed to Covid? Why?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ebice said:

Ah, but, w/o vaccination only 29 deaths compared to >300 deaths with high vaccination rate.

No to underscore death by any cause, but it seems covid death rates pale in comparison to other causes of death in Singapore. About 364 covid death in 20 months, Singapore recorded >21,000 deaths in 2019, lowest cause of death as a percentage is lung disease at 1.4%. Covid (extrapolated) would account for .0153 (1.5%)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ebice said:

No to underscore death by any cause, but it seems covid death rates pale in comparison to other causes of death in Singapore. About 364 covid death in 20 months, Singapore recorded >21,000 deaths in 2019, lowest cause of death as a percentage is lung disease at 1.4%. Covid (extrapolated) would account for .0153 (1.5%)

Because Singapore has been successful in limiting the spread of the virus, via restrictions and vaccination. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ebice said:

What is misleading, please share it for all to see.

And try not to get so wound up about it.

The vast majority of new cases are among the 6% unvaccinated. 

When vaccinated are infected, most are asymptomatic.

so, what’s your point?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

so, what’s your point?

Ok, can you show me the infection rates for both vaccinated and non vaccinated in Si? I am interested.

Edited by ebice

Just now, ebice said:

Where is this "misleading" you refer to?

The epidemic in Singapore will soon subside, due to the high level of vaccination. Report back in a month, and you will have to find a new example, just like anti-vaxxers cycled through Chile and Israel.

it takes more than a few weeks for vaccination to stop a surge in new cases.

You clearly don’t know much about infectious diseases.

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

The epidemic in Singapore will soon subside, due to the high level of vaccination. Report back in a month, and you will have to find a new example, just like anti-vaxxers cycled through Chile and Israel.

it takes more than a few weeks for vaccination to stop a surge in new cases.

You clearly don’t know much about infectious diseases.

Actually, I do not know much about infectious diseases, but I like the data and what it can reveal.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ebice said:

Actually, I do not know much about infectious diseases, but I like the data and what it can reveal.

Data without background info is dangerous, and can be very misleading.  I use to do stats for a living.  Easy to lie and cheat with just stats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeffr2 said:

Data without background info is dangerous, and can be very misleading.  I use to do stats for a living.  Easy to lie and cheat with just stats.

I don't lie or have a need to lie, and just tell me how I can cheat with simple charts and graphs presented here thus far. It's one thing if the data I have presented here is suspect, but I cannot attest to that nor can you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ebice said:

I don't lie or have a need to lie, and just tell me how I can cheat with simple charts and graphs presented here thus far. It's one thing if the data I have presented here is suspect, but I cannot attest to that nor can you.

Simple.  You're presenting data that is misleading.  Done with charts and graphs.  You've been called out on this numerous times.  Please, stop.

26 minutes ago, ebice said:
28 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

so, what’s your point?

Ok, can you show me the infection rates for both vaccinated and non vaccinated in Si? I am interested.

Edited 22 minutes ago by ebice

Those infection rates would be useful to know.  ???? 

4 minutes ago, ebice said:
8 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thanks for showing data that proves how effective social distancing is. It's only after social distancing was relaxed and Delta appeared on the scene that infections in Singapore shut up.

As for you claim about deaths, despite the fact that an overwhelming majority of singaporeans have been fully vaccinated, the majority of deaths have been among those who were either unvaccinated or only inoculated once. Above someone reposted a link of mine to evidence that shows this is the case. What evidence can you link to to prove your contention about the 29 deaths?

See this:https://tinyurl.com/55ax9unv

India is doing well.  ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

oh look, a chart which shows the country with the world's highest vaccine skepticism also has the greatest infection rate. I'm shocked

It shows Singapore covid deaths in 2020, as requested.

Stop gaslighting.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

oh look, a chart which shows the country with the world's highest vaccine skepticism also has the greatest infection rate. I'm shocked

Don't forget to read the not so fine print, and not just inject what you think the headline means:

"Limited testing and challenges in the attribution of the cause of death means that the number of confirmed deaths may not be an accurate count of the true number of deaths from COVID-19."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Don't forget to read the not so fine print, and not just inject what you think the headline means:

"Limited testing and challenges in the attribution of the cause of death means that the number of confirmed deaths may not be an accurate count of the true number of deaths from COVID-19."

the trend is clear.

• Like 1

A post with an unapproved link and a reply has been removed:

15) Any links posted must lead to the website the link indicates. Links that are misleading or direct to a site different than the one indicated are not allowed. No shortened version urls or affiliate links permitted.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

It's generally well known cases and deaths are under counted. Especially in the beginning, and for sure in most poor countries.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Here you go again telling half truths. 

You neglect to mention that the virus was spreading throughout 2020 and that the early part of that year infections were relatively low, you omit to mention the impact of lockdowns and isolations throughout 2020 and you definitely omit to mention the advent of the far more infectious Delta Variant. 

You do however insist on telling us 'No spin. no bias, no one-sided view, just data, hard cold data'.

Away with you and your spin, bias, one-sided view and misrepresentation of the data. 

The Data from Singapore demonstrates the effectiveness of the vaccines against serious illness, hospitalisations and death.

Yeah,<400 covid deaths in 20 months is reassuring to me that covid is not as deadly as I initially thought. Hopefully it stays that way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Imagine you are back living in your home country and foreigners with no permanent residency refuse to get vaccines; what would you think?

I think all on visas here should get the choice -  have the vaccine or leave the country.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ebice said:

Yeah,<400 covid deaths in 20 months is reassuring to me that covid is not as deadly as I initially thought. Hopefully it stays that way.

It's a great testament to the efforts of Singaporeans to protect their people and to the power of modern science in fighting a deadly disease. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ebice said:

Ah, I do not mean "stay that way" , my message is that hopefully it does not get worse, and can improve!

• Like 1