Thailand reports 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 deaths

webfact

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here again we have Phetchabun (3,487) listed as a factory cluster but its not in the official covid positive count..............

It seems to me they still list it as a cluster but don't want to add the total to the national number of cases total for some reason. Could it be because they are migrants, and are now sealed, you know sort of like out of sight out of mind, who knows.   I think they are scared and concerned.  Watching this from Bangkok reminds me of a slow implosion before the mushroom cloud. Worrisome.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Anyone else find the waffling towards the end a little embarrassing?

On the supposed false information he deems as a threat to national security he has empowered the NBTC and authorized the Office of the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) to notify internet service providers so that they could block the content in question. NBTC is also required to report the incident to police for legal prosecution.

An excerpt from the link:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

“If everyone just waits at home, it can sometimes be too late. You should go to a pre-admission center or at least contact field hospitals. There are many of them now,” Gen Prayut said during the interview. “District offices are fine too. Sometimes, making calls only doesn’t work because the lines are busy – inaccessible. So, a relative or someone should notify so that a team can be dispatched to provide care.” He added: “Everyone has to help each other. At least, notify fast. If nobody comes, notify military units, notify police stations – something like this – and they’ll be there.”

Why not just tell people to scream for help.  No matter what's been being done people have called and called and still no one has come.  How else does he explain the people who eventually have died at home.  Is this fake news which I am posting?  I think it is the reality but he can not see it as it is he who is staring at the reality and does not want to believe what he is seeing either.  Admitting you made a mistake Prayut is ok, but to continue to throw up wall after wall makes people believe you are hiding facts, truths and so on.  You must believe this country is full of children who can not be told the truth as a parent and must be shielded, well they are far from it.

Edited by ThailandRyan

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Billboards pop up around Bangkok asking: Who’s getting that Pfizer?

As 1.5 million doses of Pfizer vaccines were unloaded at Suvarnabhumi Airport just before dawn, they were greeted by billboards which had cropped up around Bangkok with a single question: Who will get them?

Billboards erected at several spots around the capital city pushed an issue raised by a coalition of medical professionals who want an honest accounting of who will benefit from the U.S.-donated vaccines – and whether they will go to those most in need.

Photos: Nurses Connect / Facebook

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/billboards-pop-up-around-bangkok-asking-whos-getting-that-pfizer/

Now that’s initiative 5555

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

PM Prayut downplays severity of Thailand's COVID-19 situation, claims other countries have it worse

BANGKOK: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha on Thursday (Jul 29) downplayed the COVID-19 situation Thailand, while claiming that other nations are dealing with higher caseloads.

In a special interview held at the Government House, he said: “If we contemplate the transmission in our country, it may seem shocking, given the daily fatalities. I want you to try paying attention to these numbers in our neighbouring countries and others for a change.”

no picture alt text found

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/thailand-covid-19-prayut-interview-shocking-transmission-15336466

You tell them Prayut lad, they won't listen to me. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I am perplexed by the low number given for Banglamung above, when it has consistently produced over 200 for some days, and has been the most in the Province, for many days. 

This is part of a conversation I had with a friend in Pattaya this morning

^The government will close all businesses for another 2 months, the people have no place to live and die.^

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Let's hope the slight decline in cases, and the more dramatic drop in deaths, continues.  Maybe we've passed the peak after all. 

There is nobody more than me, who would just love this to be the case. I have lots of family and friends in Thailand, praying for vaccines, and are in desperate trouble.

I read the news worldwide, look at what experts/doctors/virologists/etc.etc.etc .

I  look at what's happened/happening in other countries around the world regarding covid etc etc etc.

To me, and to the vast vast majority of people, this in no way shape or form looks like "passed the peak".

I do, of course, admire your optimism.

I see no "dramatic drop in deaths"...I hear what Thai friends and family tell me..NONE of them see a dramatic drop in deaths, they all believe there are more deaths than being reported and are scared witless.

As I say, I do admire your optimism, but really?  You honestly believe it?

3 hours ago, 2 is 1 said:

What a stupid in this "bar" look like many people come bck live from death!

Mr 2 I realise English is not your native tongue but could you please try that one again. 

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s long been rumored that those who test positive with anti gen tests, aren’t then retested with a PCR test.

Just to follow-up with what apparently happened.

If you remember, my original post was about antigen testing in general, that both anitgen and even PCR tests are often confirmed again with PCR. This is GAP, generally accepted procedure.  Then followed the discussion about chickens, Phetchabun, etc.

The 4 day testing period I quoted came from TNR via Richard Barrows , right or wrong. So what did happen to the testing?  At least according to TNR Twitter reports:

"During 22-25 July, health officials tested 7,164 registered workers at a chicken processing factory in Phetchabun. A total of 3,481 positive cases were found (391 Thai workers & 3,090 migrant workers)"

According to a later TNR report that Richard Barrows may not have seen:

"The 3,481 workers at the chicken processing plant in Phetchabun were tested with an Antigen Test Kit. According to government guidelines, as results may not be accurate, these people have to be tested again by RT-PCR before they are entered into the system #Thailand #COVID19"

Further is seems some maybe the Thai were already added by July 26 (from the same reports)

"Quite a few people have been asking why the 3,481 workers in Phetchabun, who had tested positive for #COVID19, haven’t yet been added to the national tally. As you can see from the attached infographic, only 370 have been added for Phetchabun over the last four days #Thailand"

FYI only.

Edited by rabas

1 minute ago, rabas said:

Just to follow-up with what apparently happened.

If you remember, my original post was about antigen testing in general, that both anitgen and even PCR tests are often confirmed again with PCR. This is GAP, generally accepted procedure.  Then followed the discussion about chickens, Phetchabun, etc.

The 4 day testing period I quoted came from TNR via Richard Barrows , right or wrong. So what did happen to the testing?  At least according to TNR Twitter reports:

"During 22-25 July, health officials tested 7,164 registered workers at a chicken processing factory in Phetchabun. A total of 3,481 positive cases were found (391 Thai workers & 3,090 migrant workers)"

According to a later TNR report that Richard Barrows may not have seen:

"The 3,481 workers at the chicken processing plant in Phetchabun were tested with an Antigen Test Kit. According to government guidelines, as results may not be accurate, these people have to be tested again by RT-PCR before they are entered into the system #Thailand #COVID19"

Further is seems some maybe the Thai were already added by July 26 (from the same reports)

"Quite a few people have been asking why the 3,481 workers in Phetchabun, who had tested positive for #COVID19, haven’t yet been added to the national tally. As you can see from the attached infographic, only 370 have been added for Phetchabun over the last four days #Thailand"

FYI only.

The first cases at Saha were reported a week ago today, AFAIK...  It would seem, they would have had plenty of time from then until now to undertake and complete a goodly portion of, if not all, of the RT-PCR tests they needed to do -- assuming they were intending to do any at all in the first place.

The more time that passes without either an official explanation or some tangible results, the more suspicious it becomes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The critical care cases as shown in the graphic posted above as well as those on ventilators is just staggering to me based upon the numbers of cases we are seeing and then of those passing away.

It seems strange they never say how many people hove died that have been vacated, and their choice of vaccines?

This just published article seems to confirm that a pcr test is not given if you test positive with a rapid test and are asymptomatic or only mild symptoms.

39,500 COVID-infected people are in home or community isolation

He went on to say that about 8.5 million antigen test kits (ATKs), procured by the NHSO, will be available for distribution free of charge within the next two months. Moreover, the Public Health Ministry expects to screen as many as 100,000 people a day through the use of ATKs.

Those who test positive via ATKs can contact their nearest government health office or contact the hotline number 1330 for admission to home or community isolation program.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/39500-covid-infected-people-are-in-home-or-community-isolation/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Friday (July 30) reported 17,345 new COVID-19 cases and 117 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

Hang in there folks, it's going to be a rough 4-6 weeks... 

but never fear we have a promise from Prayut that it will get better.. 

And as fake news is now banned I'm a believer.

8 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Let's hope the slight decline in cases, and the more dramatic drop in deaths, continues.  Maybe we've passed the peak after all. 

You're reading the daily news right ?

Have all these gone in the system yet, for daily counts, who knows?

"A spokesman for the Ministry of Industry said the outbreak was found in 518 factories, 36,816 people, covering 49 provinces, which the Ministry of Industry. and the Ministry of Labor is accelerating in order not to affect the production capacity. that may affect the economy"

https://twitter.com/weeranan/status/1420985564526903299

1 hour ago, welshguy said:

There is nobody more than me, who would just love this to be the case. I have lots of family and friends in Thailand, praying for vaccines, and are in desperate trouble.

I read the news worldwide, look at what experts/doctors/virologists/etc.etc.etc .

I  look at what's happened/happening in other countries around the world regarding covid etc etc etc.

To me, and to the vast vast majority of people, this in no way shape or form looks like "passed the peak".

I do, of course, admire your optimism.

I see no "dramatic drop in deaths"...I hear what Thai friends and family tell me..NONE of them see a dramatic drop in deaths, they all believe there are more deaths than being reported and are scared witless.

As I say, I do admire your optimism, but really?  You honestly believe it?

Absolutely I do not believe the official figures, but they are all we're officially given, so I was commenting on them.  I would rather see a significant drop in the official count of deaths than a dramatic rise; that's all I was saying.  Tomorrow may be very different.

Just watched a news piece on Channel 32, a couple were found deceased in their home after having tested positive for Covid.  The news reporter asked a family member if they had any more information and the family member stated "This is real it is not fake news".  People are reeling from loosing a loved one, family member, and now they feel that every death is going to be investigated as possibly fake news based upon the latest reports of the government telling the police to investigate these stories.  You can not make this stuff up.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Seeing mixed results in other countries. Vietnam has very tight restrictions, they have only just started to slow down the rate of increase. Indonesia has never had particularly tight restrictions (not any tighter than Thailand as far as I know), and has been on a slight downtrend for the past week or two. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand will begin administering the Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, donated by the U.S. on

Aug 9.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1421052720371302401

Why wait?, why not start tomorrow since they should have a list of those needing the boosters on the medical side?  Easy right?, um they do know who need to be given a booster, or did they use that stack of paperwork for someones scrap paper pile.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If and when that happens the genie will be truly out of the bottle as far as folks coming in double vaccinated and returning home infected after coming into contact with an unvaccinated individual who was covid positive such as the Taxi driver I reported on earlier in the thread.  Sad state of affairs that has been created.  Now if 70 percent were truly and completely double vaccinated why not take that risk, yet as we stand now, well...yes I am shaking my head in disbelief.

I truly believe that there will be a high possibility of creative number crunching from now until the reopening date..

It has already been seen in the Dirtbox of Phuket, and to a certain extent, they have thus far managed to largely get away with it.

But on a Grandiose scale of a full reopening ?