New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

25 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

I'm under 60 so no joy with that one.

PLUS - please note, I think this is applicable to the whole of the EU and UK.

THAI MADE ASTRAZENECA CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTED:

2134082151_Screenshot2021-08-02at13_30_54.png.a9edb9b2b1d1d98fa3091494a57baaa8.png

Not surprising on any level. Sorry, but I would be hesitant to take any vaccine made here. 

• Sad 2

The website, for once, works perfectly. I made my reservation yesterday. You need to get a scan of your passport and vida and attach it to the application. They also need your address as given to the immigration. Also, to make it easier, they want a medical certificate attached too. They are giving the Pfizer vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Falcon said:

The website, for once, works perfectly. I made my reservation yesterday. You need to get a scan of your passport and vida and attach it to the application. They also need your address as given to the immigration. Also, to make it easier, they want a medical certificate attached too. They are giving the Pfizer vaccine.

Which website?

34 minutes ago, whiteflight said:

Trick is to click on the Year header, that should allow you to change the year itself first.

Thanks for that tried again doing as you suggested, and still gives me one month before i was born ???? i.e. /03 not 04/ but if i put a different year it works as /04 ????? 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Correct, I now have 3 more emails with the link to the registration form, all of which which I will ignore so they should expire.

I think not a good Idea to register more than once.

Now if they are correct it puts me in the top 5% priority group. Over 60 and underlying conditions.

It will not be the applicant's fault that registrations are duplicated.  It will be because there is no way to edit or correct an application once sent.

I think, in the first instance, they will match all passport numbers. Any registrations, with passport numbers duplicated, will be deleted leaving one registration. This would be logical.

1 hour ago, DefaultName said:

I've had my first - got through on the original intervac site - so I can't use this.  What I would like is to be able to see the appointment for my second online somewhere, then I would be happier that it's actually going to happen.

I wouldn't really put much faith in their knowledge of how to use a DBMS and detecting pervious vaccinations... Example: The Online 90 Day Reporting system thinks many of us are on overstay including myself.

Two different systems yes I know, but pulling employee talent from the same "gene pool"...

23 minutes ago, Falcon said:

the website worked like a dream for me.  they got it right this time. grateful

• Like 1

Signed up to  Med~Park, chose Pfizer which cause a row with my wife who thought AZ was better. No <deleted> way if Pfizer is on offer. I'm 75 and obese and on medication for hypertension. Probably wasting the shot lol!

Got a booking the 2nd week after they open as most slots were late evening earlier on. Seems as though they don't start until 1700 so took the 1st available

1700 slot.

Was so pleased but naturally the day was ruined when  the automatic front loader spewed water out all over the kitchen floor! So right now got it in bits hunting for the fault - loose sump hose it seems, cannot find anything else. Got front off, including door, got back off, got pump and hoses off, inspected everything - only the loose sump hose that pulled off earlier.

Back on topic - anyone know where I can get my Thai wife jabbed (no sexist comments needed thanks!) by paying for her?

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Correct, I now have 3 more emails with the link to the registration form, all of which which I will ignore so they should expire.

I think not a good Idea to register more than once.

Now if they are correct it puts me in the top 5% priority group. Over 60 and underlying conditions.

I had error message after entering email, I just left it, this morning had email to say it had accepted my email and continue to register which I did successfuly

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

What about those who do not have a smart phone and more so those who do not know how to use use one. So No phone No vaccine    

even a dumb phone receive calls ???? ....., immigration also request a phone NUMBER no smartphone required , just a number to contact you if needed   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bannork said:

It won't accept my middle names. My mother, being pretentious, gave me two, Hugh and Gordon. The website accepts neither or both as on my passport. Is there a help line anywhere?

That was the only problem i experienced too , i also have 2 middle names , and tried many options ..., finally it worked by only using the first letter of both ending with . and then it was accepted .

maybe depends how our names are registered in the Thai Immigration database 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, robert888d said:

I just tried. First question was fill in your email. I put in my correct email about a dozen times and it kept saying in red this is not a valid email. So absolutely useless. Say no more

were you using a @isp.co.xx type email address? where xx is the country code?

I tried with mine and it didn't accept it, I suspect it would only recognise a .com email address.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Who needs or wants all the conditions or hurdles they put up. The Medpark choice was easy, they offered the best VAX on the market, or your choice, it is free, likely no lines and an immediate appointment, on the date and time of your choosing. No comparison with the hassles of anything related to this administration. Always hurdles, always a hassle. Who needs them? And then a junk vaccination? No thanks.

I guess living in Bangkok, you get choices of where and what vaccine to get. But for those of us living upcountry we don't have these choices. I have lived in Thailand since 1974, and I had never heard of Medpark until I read the commets on this thread.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:12 AM, worrab said:

Well the info is up there at the beginning and you can bet a pound to a penny it will be Sinovac. Got to get rid of it somehow. 

No problem. After 40 days it goes away all by itself.

Found out about the site around 1300 Yesterday. Had troubles with my android phone with the app cratering every time I tried to enable. Switched to my note book and registered. One hick-up has been resolved by this forum was on the two file entry of passport and visa. Just renewed by marriage visa, but hasn't been fully processed So just entered my passport and still received registration confirmation. This is just a plan C as I am booked for the states in late August. This assumes I can make it to BKK. We shall see

2 hours ago, Michael Hare said:

I got through very quickly yesterday at 11:20 am Sunday. I live in Ubon Ratchathani. My problem was in the visa section. I have no visa as I am a permanent resident (PR). Thee was no category for those with PR. Last night, at about 8 pm, I received an email saying the site had recerived my email address and I should proceed with registering. I replied that there was no category for those with PR. This morning I clicked into the site and found that PR had been added. A few minutes later I successfully completed the registration.  Even though I am 71 years of age, I don't hold out much hope of receiving a  vaccination from registering at this site. 

There is a category PR listed in Visa type....

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

I wouldn't really put much faith in their knowledge of how to use a DBMS and detecting pervious vaccinations... Example: The Online 90 Day Reporting system thinks many of us are on overstay including myself.

Two different systems yes I know, but pulling employee talent from the same "gene pool"...

Yes, well, I may have accidentally filled in this new one.  I'm getting older, my memory isn't what it was.  ????

There are so many pages or comments here I can't check, anyone else in Hua Hin in my position? 

Honestly I'm confused and won't rely on what I might be told by a girl in HH Hospital. 

In very early June I have been given a 13 digit number for inoculation at HH Hospital. Waiting for my number to be called. I'm in the queue. My wife also. 

Do I re-register on this new webpage? Or will that upset my position in the current HH queue? If the HH registration is still effective I should've called when thr next batch of Sinovac ???? comes in. 

Anyone have any input, I know maybe it's a bit early to pick over the bones of this brilliant new centralisation of vaccination.... 

13 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

There are so many pages or comments here I can't check, anyone else in Hua Hin in my position? 

Honestly I'm confused and won't rely on what I might be told by a girl in HH Hospital. 

In very early June I have been given a 13 digit number for inoculation at HH Hospital. Waiting for my number to be called. I'm in the queue. My wife also. 

Do I re-register on this new webpage? Or will that upset my position in the current HH queue? If the HH registration is still effective I should've called when thr next batch of Sinovac ???? comes in. 

Anyone have any input, I know maybe it's a bit early to pick over the bones of this brilliant new centralisation of vaccination.... 

I don't think you will lose your current position in the queue.  I would advise trying to register at the https://expatvac.consular.go.th site and see what happens.  I don't think you have anything to lose and much to gain.  Many people are registered at multiple places for the vaccination.  I haven't heard of any problems with doing that.

I assume if in Hua Hin going to Bangkok is not desirable so would forgo registering at the MedPark site, but if registered at the site given above potentially they will make the vaccine available to you in your home province.  Go for it!

1 minute ago, Kanada said:

I have the 13 digit code too and waiting couple months for a Vax date but I registered on this newest system that is for “first shot only”!

I’ll make by decision with whoever calls me first!

Sensible strategy to have more than one iron in the fire.  Don't see what you have to lose.

2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

I don't think you will lose your current position in the queue.  I would advise trying to register at the https://expatvac.consular.go.th site and see what happens.  I don't think you have anything to lose and much to gain.  Many people are registered at multiple places for the vaccination.  I haven't heard of any problems with doing that.

I assume if in Hua Hin going to Bangkok is not desirable so would forgo registering at the MedPark site, but if registered at the site given above potentially they will make the vaccine available to you in your home province.  Go for it!

When you put you address in they will assign you a suitable place for vaccination closer to where you live…at least that’s what it says on the registration

• Thanks 1

Some posts denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names has been removed.

Whilst it may be less effective in certain cases ie Delta strain it is by no means useless. At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

An inflammatory post has been removed, some troll posts have been removed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm registered with 4 or 5 different places now, hopefully one will come good, as for this registration being for only one jab, I don't necessarily believe that, there is absolutely no point in only giving anyone just one dose, we all know that two doses are required except for the Johnson & Johnson version.

Caveat: Fingers crossed ????????

I’m one of the lucky ones I had my AZ 6 days before the sandbox opening on the island where I live they had to vaccinate 70% and although I have a date and time for my second AZ I, not holding my breath but one is better than none ????????????

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I'm registered with 4 or 5 different places now, hopefully one will come good, as for this registration being for only one jab, I don't necessarily believe that, there is absolutely no point in only giving anyone just one dose, we all know that two doses are required except for the Johnson & Johnson version.

Caveat: Fingers crossed ????????

Pick the one offering to use the thinnest needle. ????