Food supply reduced amid COVID spread at processing plants

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, Caldera said:

If sliced bread is sold out, buy cake instead.

Makes for a great breakfast with a few sausage patties in between two slices of a nice frosted cake, and covered in syrup.  You'll have enough calories to last a few days in between meals that way.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scrotobike said:

No vaccine (fully) stops virus transfer, it just stops people getting very sick (unless it is from the CCP then it does not a lot of anything against most of the Greek alphabet). So following your logic Thailand is doomed to be shut forever...

So obviously false it's not even worth mentioning vaccines against polio, measles, smallpox etc. Oops I just did.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So obviously false it's not even worth mentioning vaccines against polio, measles, smallpox etc. Oops I just did.

Yes I should have written as below but I thought as this was about AZ and Covid it was a little superfluous (in reality just laziness from me but as I am in Thailand I have to protect my face!)

No (COVID) vaccine (fully) stops virus transfer, it just stops people getting very sick (unless it is from the CCP then it does not a lot of anything against most of the Greek alphabet). So following your logic Thailand is doomed to be shut forever...

• Like 2

Just now, jacko45k said:

Yes often referred to as hoarders.....

Yes those 1 million cases of mama noodles are stacked around the condo, I have to be careful the tall stacks don't fall on me and crush me.....  Next up on the show "Hoarders" The expat who was crushed by a ton of mama in his Bangkok Condominium"

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes those 1 million cases of mama noodles are stacked around the condo, I have to be careful the tall stacks don't fall on me and crush me.....  Next up on the show "Hoarders" The expat who was crushed by a ton of mama in his Bangkok Condominium"

Now a few cases of Leo or SML I might believe.....

6 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Yes I should have written as below but I thought as this was about AZ and Covid it was a little superfluous (in reality just laziness from me but as I am in Thailand I have to protect my face!)

No (COVID) vaccine (fully) stops virus transfer, it just stops people getting very sick (unless it is from the CCP then it does not a lot of anything against most of the Greek alphabet). So following your logic Thailand is doomed to be shut forever...

I should have thought you might have meant that.

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Now a few cases of Leo or SML I might believe.....

Those are on the bottom of the stacks, you think I would be crazy enough to stack the beer boxes on top of the mama noodles, silly man....lol.  But hey when this is all over I will sell it all for a profit, if I do not look like Fat <deleted> by then

CBUB Profile: Fat Bastard

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Those are on the bottom of the stacks, you think I would be crazy enough to stack the beer boxes on top of the mama noodles, silly man....lol.

I am in danger from my stacks of empties, it would not be out of place in Northern China. Don't get the scavenger trucks coming up the road lately. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:
11 hours ago, impulse said:

I fall into the "You snooze, you lose" camp

Yes often referred to as hoarders.....

And neither embarrassed, nor remorseful.

Though I did get tired of eating sardines on crackers, long after the all clear sounded.

Edited by impulse

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Chicken doesn't have a long shelf life....

Who said it was just chicken?

From the OP link to full article

“At a mall, in Bangkok’s Sai Mai district, many shelves are empty, lacking items such as instant noodles, canned fish, snacks, boxed milk and meat. At a convenience store, in Bang Khen district, sausages and other ready-made food, including sweets, are at a low volume as well.”

7 minutes ago, poskat said:

I was just reading about this new thing for storing perishables like chicken in. Its called a freezer. maybe you should check one out.

Couldn't get it down the aisle even near the check out!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, 2umich said:

People need excuses to elevate prices in inflationary environment most of the time.

Any small disruption to the food supply chain in Thailand ( and elsewhere ) leads to potential price gouging and profiteering.

A short while ago the price of cooking Gas that the Street Vendors use was increased by about 15 Baht on a 8 Kg Bottle. ( I think )

So, the vendors tried to increase the meal price by 5 baht per Meal.

Gouging and Profiteering, as maybe upwards of 50 meals can be cooked off the Gas Bottle.

It all backfired, as the punters refused to pay the increases, and voted with their feet.

The prices soon came back down.

• Like 1

FOOD SUPPLY REDUCED AMID COVID SPREAD AT PROCESSING PLANTS

I don't wish to be controversial, but umm... well, this crises might be an opportunity for some expats to lose or pound or fifty ????

expat.png

Edited by Stubby
  • Haha 1

Its hard to find chicken thighs and pork tenderloin the last week in upper Sakon Nakhon.

I woke up early the next morning and bought a lot to fill one of refrigerators.  I left a few kilograms for the common folk though.