Record 670,834 vaccinations given on August 5th in Thailand

webfact

13 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I don't think these numbers are "cooked". That's my opinion. Not seeing any upside to finagling them.

There is a slide - I posted today's version of it - which if you click on the "plus sign" expands out to show the mix of AZ, SV, SPh, and now Pf. I haven't seen a recent one, but the mix has been nearly 50-50 AZ-SV.

There have been some foreigner figures published, 280,075 from 5 Aug seems reliable.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/5-7-of-foreign-residents-in-thailand-have-received-a-dose-of-the-covid-19-vaccine

I read these figures as (of today) 15,687,291 people have been vaccinated.

Of those 15,687,291 people, 4,406,723 people have received two (2) doses. The remainder (11,280,568 11,094,474 forgot to subtract the 3rd dosers) have received one (1) dose.

(And of those 15,687,291, 186,094 have received three (3) doses.)

I could be wrong; I often am.

https://covidvax.live/en/location/tha

At this rate, Thailand could have 70% of people vaccinated (2 doses) in 216 days (or by Mar 10, 2022).

Not seeing any upside to finagling them? Are you serious?? Where have you been living?

Presenting high vaccination numbers is the only thing the government have left. They have absolutely every motivation to lie about the numbers and present artificially high numbers. They have done nothing but lie since the beginning of the outbreak…why would that change now when they need it most.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, club said:

Still need 72million plus vaccines and still need to give boosters to anyone that got 2 jabs of Sinovav. 

Well, when you say it like that it sounds bad. Very bad.

And I think the number is more like 80 mm + what might end up being another 20 mm booster for SV 2X?

Assuming we all agree that the target is 50 mm people with 100 mm doses by 1/1/22

I think a 750k per day clip gets us there. But I fear the wad has been shot, and that the remainder of August will be a drier month, with a chance of sino-showers, and AZ storms towards the end of the month.

17 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Presenting high vaccination numbers is the only thing the government have left. They have absolutely every motivation to lie about the numbers and present artificially high numbers.

Pray tell, what is "every motivation"?

This isn't about future projections, be they GDP growth, or expected tourist figures. 

This is about events in the past. They've already happened. Lying about them does the regime no good. Better to lie about future events (10 mm doses in August, 1 mm doses per day, etc.), which they do quite well, as there is no one to hold them to account.

Oh, and the regime is supremely incompetent in all things they do/touch, so expecting them to execute a conspiracy is, well, amusingly quaint.

And finally, if you're going to cook the numbers wouldn't you make them much higher than they are now? 

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The number given in Thailand is about 19.6million, easy to find out and actually posted on the Forum daily by helpful souls. If you do not know, you are coming from a position of ignorance. As to the other questions I don't have the data, we all know the total deaths, but I assure you many many elderly are currently being vaccinated in Bangkok every day.

You are guessing about me and way off mark, and better you don't bother. Of course it is a clear attempt to make negative statements relating to me. Again from a position of ignorance.

I did not say all vaccines are 'equally good', you have comprehension issues, I merely said they were not 'of little use'......I would prefer AZ, Moderna or Pfizer myself. 

Let me educate you. A few days ago (Thursday I think) - the English language translation of the CCSA meeting quoted as follows

1. in the population of foreigners the average age was 31

2. 90% of the deaths reported that day were old/sick - slipped through your gaps??

I know this is a subset but it is indicative of a policy that has, in the past, vaccinated the young and not the old and sick. 

Certainly I am ignorant of the facts here in Thailand as there is not a great deal of transparency - so I have to base the protection of my family here on the data I have. Maybe you are a very knowledgeable person and I am always happy to be educated

Stating I have comprehension issues is wrong and quite rude of you - perhaps when you write you should think more and be more clear so people are clear about what you mean.

4 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Anutin promised 1,000,000 per day and now he will cook the numbers to reflect that. Face and reputation (whatever is left) are at stake. Maybe they see a UK type recovery in credibility from an effective vaccination program?

The UK has over 600,000 nurses whereas Thailand has 200,000. UK had ample vaccines and during its best day could only manage 600,000 jabs. They have a massive advantage with a population spread over a relatively small land mass which has one of the worlds best logistics infrastructures (much has been written about this in regards to the Suoermarket business in the UK). They have reliable power and they do have excellent organisational capability and favorable vaccination facailities and climate. 

Given all of the above we are led to believe Thailand can match the UK in doing 600,000 vaccinations per day. Thailand is the complete opposite of the above mentioned advantages.

Governemt. Can say whatever numbers they like. Who is checking and holding them accountable. The only true measure is common sense hence see the above.

Do you have a link for that 1m a day quote.

I don't be have this one for 10m a month:-

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/07/28/anutin-promises-10-million-doses-per-month/

6 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Stating I have comprehension issues is wrong and quite rude of you - perhaps when you write you should think more and be more clear so people are clear about what you mean.

And you making aspersions along the lines of lumping me in with...

supporters of vaccinating 18 year-olds in Phuket and allowing the old in (say) Issan to go unvaccinated?

Is beyond wrong and rude, so you know where to put that comment.

I agree that early vaccination days focused on getting the Phuket sandbox up and running, vaccinating young soldiers (my 'nephew' got done at 18) and  Bangkok, leaving outlying areas unprotected. My Mrs struggles to get vaccinated, her mother at 85, well doesn't seem to be progress there, and a few pals I talk to regularly in Nackon Nowhere have yet to see a chance. I have booked for 10 days off, based on my age. 

I still feel positive that Thailand managed a day with over 670,000 vaccinations and it gives me optimism. 

Edited by jacko45k

8 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Anutin promised 1,000,000 per day and now he will cook the numbers to reflect that.

So why cook it 67%? Who likes raw food?

9 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Face and reputation (whatever is left) are at stake.

Meh. Face was defenestrated last year. What remains is a loose amalgamation of body filler, spray paint and lipstick.

I rarely trust the regime when they forcast events.

But we'll just have to disagree on whether these figures are real or not.

I contend that they are.

And your handle is "wicked mahvelous", done in my worst Brockton accent.

Just now, club said:

How many yesterday?

And 647,571 on Friday, mid-day to SAturda mid-day, the normal reporting period.

Suspect that will drop, except that the Pf booster numbers for medicos should be high again for a few days. Pf available, and so are the people to administer and receive it.

Covid-Factsheet_7-Aug.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Scrotobike said:

Slipping through the gaps? - how many vaccines have been given in Thailand and how many to the old and sick - how many have died because they slipped through the gaps???

I am guessing you are one of the supporters of vaccinating 18 year-olds in Phuket and allowing the old in (say) Issan to go unvaccinated? 

If all vaccines are equally good why do the west largely ignore the Chinese vaccines. Are you really saying sinovac is as good as AZ (let alone Moderna and its ilk)?

Tell that to the 1000 healthcare workers that got Covid after 2 jabs of Sinovac. 3 ended up dying

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

And 647,571 on Friday, mid-day to SAturda mid-day, the normal reporting period.

Which actually is higher than the UK's second best day ...... I think this is good progress. Let us hope the logistics keeps up, and a better distribution to more rural areas can be achieved. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

Not seeing any upside to finagling them? Are you serious?? Where have you been living?

Presenting high vaccination numbers is the only thing the government have left. They have absolutely every motivation to lie about the numbers and present artificially high numbers. They have done nothing but lie since the beginning of the outbreak…why would that change now when they need it most.

This is exactly right. The totalled Thai foreign tourism industry is now seen to be approx 30% of GDP as admitted months ago.

Their 1st motivation to lie is the same as it was when they lied a year ago: to lure tourists back before the entire economy collapses.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

A total of 670,834 doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in Thailand on Thursday

.....but Anutin promised us 1 million doses a day in August, we're still 330,000 short!

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, but I have read that a certain minister have promised 1 million vaccinations per day in August.

As we know he finds difficulty between telling the truth and outright lies.

Psychopath.

17 hours ago, placeholder said:

"Rumour has it" is just another way of saying "I'm making things up but don't want to be held accountable."

If the Chinese vaccines really are rubbish (agains't delta), we will know from what is happening in China at the moment. They can't remain locked down forever. 

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Amazing they can vaccinate 670,000 a day but are hard pushed to test 50,000 a day !

Vaccines are cheaper than tests, so that is definitely what they should prioritize.

1 hour ago, MrJ2U said:

As we know he finds difficulty between telling the truth and outright lies.

Psychopath.

No, no, no! Psychopath is a whole different thing. This is a person suffering from mythomania. In other words a mythomaniac.

4 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

No, no, no! Psychopath is a whole different thing. This is a person suffering from mythomania. In other words a mythomaniac.

No, psycho.

But feel free to use mythomaniac also.

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

If the Chinese vaccines really are rubbish (agains't delta), we will know from what is happening in China at the moment. They can't remain locked down forever. 

They are experiencing lockdowns.

Not forever.

But it's showing that there vaccines aren't very good.

When they started with the vaccinations there were always some people suffering from severe side effects or were even dieing. Strange that nothing like this is in the news anymore especially now when they vaccinate so many. 

On 8/7/2021 at 4:20 PM, luckyscruff said:

So according to the health minister 70% have been vaxed , but out of a population of about 65 million only 19.6 million have been vaxed , this equals only 30 % SO 70 % TO GO ?

Nope, that claim has never been made. What he said was that they were "well on their way towards vaccinating 70% of the population".

So the government claim nearly 20 million vaccinated (more by now i assume) and doing 600,000 vaccinations a day. Believable? Well we all know that for the past 4 months truth has been a rare commodity in any announcement from the government.

I can only go by my own families experience (in Isaan),. 14 members, only one vaccinated , a teacher. Most are registered, but none has even been given an appointment date yet. Among expat friends, know 2 who have been vaccinated - one by the French expat rollout. A few others (not known personally) have claimed to be vaccinated in the past week. So i am very sceptical.

Claimed that there are numerous younger Thais at vaccination centres claiming they have one of the health conditions giving them priority. Often wearing company uniform ...... Their health condition probably comes in a brown envelope. 0

On 8/8/2021 at 7:08 AM, Mickeymaus said:

When they started with the vaccinations there were always some people suffering from severe side effects or were even dieing. Strange that nothing like this is in the news anymore especially now when they vaccinate so many. 

At first that was news because of the fear such reactions might be widespread. The data has put those fears to bed. Or, rather, should have done but some people are very invested in either being afraid of the vaccination or in fearmongering.