ASEAN admits UK as dialogue partner despite disagreements

webfact

13 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

You are living where? You love your country so much that you abandoned ship permanently?

What is childish is the demonising of each other. It's simply childish name calling. "lefties hate Britain"? Totally idiotic!

I think all Brits love their country in their own way and to suggest otherwise is just disgusting.

Brexit has definitely not been a positive thing for many people and to pretend otherwise is simply disingenuous.

Just read about the effects of Brexit on the North East: https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/19471980.prime-minister-boris-johnson-urged-north-east-business-leaders-urgently-tackle-brexit-problems/

Aren't these the people whom he claimed would benefit?

So instead of throwing insults of left and right, why not use the energy to produce something intelligent instead of the usual extremist arguments?

1.  Are you telling me I should not retire in a location of my choice....?

2. Are you telling me Brexit was forced on the UK and not from a citizen's vote....?

3. Are you telling me I belong to an extremist organization...?

4. Please tell me where I have posted insults left and right...?

Go for it.....I am waiting....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense.

Those on the left have a vision of how their country should be, that usually means opposition [and in some cases hate] to the right wing point of view. 

The right try to hijack this as being anti country to deflect from the fact there exists different points of view to their own.

Giving an opinion is hardly "hijacking" , now is it ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nonsense.

Those on the left have a vision of how their country should be, that usually means opposition [and in some cases hate] towards the right wing point of view. 

The right try to hijack this as being anti country to deflect from the fact there exists different points of view to their own ideas on what the country could be.

The vision of "Brittongrad"......???? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Maybe I'll agree when the gbp gets back up to 51 bht as it was before the 'referendum' (Tory lie fest!)

The baht crashed in 2010, in 2007 I was getting 69 bht....It fluttered up a bit 2014/15..

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

It was a two month training exercise for the purpose of the UK and USA airforce being able to operate on each others boats , a joint exercise .

Yes, they would need to practice on a new boat 

I watched them leaving on SKY TV. It was as you say a joint training exercise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So we showed the Chinese that we still rule the waves by sailing an empty carrier through the south China sea?

Training exercise is just another way of saying borrowed. You think those pilots need training on how to take off and land on a carrier?

Power projection (or force projection or strength projection) is a term used in military and political science to refer to the capacity of a state to deploy and sustain forces outside its territory. This ability is a crucial element of a state's power in international relations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

nobody “voted to leave” the british empire.

not bothered to educate yourselves on Great British achievements then...

empire nations were offered independence (which other countries do that ? right, NONE) which was usually (but not always) accepted because people prefer to rule themselves incompetently & corruptly with great poverty & injustice & genocide (Africa prime example) than be governed fairly & properously by foreigners..... irrational collective human insanity strikes again......

tiny childish Brit Haters can always surrender their UK Passport, LEAVE Permanently  & take EU Nationality / Residency  ...... right, thought not.....

Right so how many have asked to come back then?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Don't hold your breath. Most Scots still want to stay in the UK, just as they voted to in 2014. A minority of nationalist extremists doesn't change that fact.

So nothing to worry about holding another referendum then.

• Like 1