Expatvac Appointment Email!

Chris.B

1 minute ago, burner2014 said:

I have a med certificate for these 7 underlying conditions. Do you think you can just go there with a passport?
Do they want to see any booking confirmation email?

Because I registered for Sunday appointment with MedPark but never got a reply lol 

They look at your passport but I have no idea if they check for a booking.

There did seem to be some arguing going on outside when checking the passport but that could have been a disagreement over vaccines.

I don’t think they are accepting walk-ins , you should send an email.

17 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Not fake or scaremongering at all.

The worst cases end up on oxygen and ventilators, that's a FACT.

Having any type of vaccine recommended by WHO reduces the chances of this happening massively....another FACT.

YOU  imply that if  he  gets  covid  he will end  up requiring oxygen FACTTTTTTTTTTTTT   you stated below those very words

"You'll be sucking it up ' oxygen that is '  if Covid19 takes you down before you can get your beloved Pfizer!"

FACT thats  simply  not true  by a  LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way vast majority do not end up in hospital  and  end up  on oxygen vast majority get minor symptoms  hence why many countries  let them stay at  home in fact the overwhelming majority.

Its  scaremongering to say he  will end up sucking oxygen.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

There did seem to be some arguing going on outside when checking the passport but that could have been a disagreement over vaccines.

I did actually never got a reply. Will try to phone them then in 1-2 days guess the hustle is worth it if you can get Pfizer on the weekend.

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

sorry to follow up here with you. They check your passport but did they type anything in a computer or so?
It feels like they sending just emails like "come from that to that time on that day" without actually checking if they really got an appointment? 

Pretty obvious that the Pfizer vaccine has been allocated to well connected Thais, and maybe some Pfizer will be given to foreigners.  We will get the less effective astra and sinovac, the scraps, while the higher ups hoard the Pfizer for themselves, their friends, and the highest bidders.  The US should not have donated these vaccines without requiring an accounting of who gets the vaccine.  Or at least look out for their own citizens.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wavodavo said:

I dont know whats wrong with some people. We are in the middle of a pandemic and they want to select what brand of vaccination they must have  . I would have thought any vacc. would be better than no vacc.  When you go to the doctor to get a flu  or a smallpox etc needle they dont give you a menu and ask you to pick what brand you want...NO .there is only the one kind...and you just accept it and shut up.

Well put, and allow me to elaborate further:

In recond time, one year -instead of five, ten or twenty - into the pandemic  modern medicine has started producing good vaccines that keep folks alive and out of ICU. And yet people still distrust science, demand the impossible 100% protection, debate endlessly whether to vax or not to vax, and when they do, pulling their hair out trying to make up their mind whether it's better to run away from the coming flood in a Mercedes, a Ford or a Nissan (some decide that if they can't get a Mercedes they would rather stay put!) then criticize whatever have been out as not given enough time for testing, as if the reality of millions been vaccinated with very few getting adverse effects was not already in itself a tremendous success as far as testing is concerned, etc. This is what I call mass hysteria. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

They are probably checking your age.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, burner2014 said:

sorry to follow up here with you. They check your passport but did they type anything in a computer or so?
It feels like they sending just emails like "come from that to that time on that day" without actually checking if they really got an appointment? 

Not sure if they are checking for an appointment but I think yes they are.

Best to email them.

3 hours ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Greetings from MedPark Hospital!

Regarding your inquiry, you can come to have the vaccine injection on 13th August 2021 during 13.30 – 14.00 hrs.

You are unable to make any changes of your appointment. If you do not show-up on your appointment, it will be automatically cancelled.

Please present the email along with your original passport upon arrival.

However, if you don’t have the original passport available, please bring the copy one and the documents you’ve mentioned along.

Due to the latest policy announcement by the ministry of foreign affairs to only provide Pfizer for those 60 years old and above, those with underlying disease(s), and those who are over 12 weeks pregnant.

As per your age, you will be one of the above criteria to get Pfizer, please inform the staff when you come and get the vaccine.

Hmmm, in Chiang Mai, age 74, 5 by-passes in 2005, stent & 2 angioplasties 2015.

Notified of successful registration, all documents filed. and I await...

I understand that best email / phone them ???? but there are multiple reports that they don't reply. Same for me they just don't send any confirmation for Sunday's appointment nor do they reply to emails. Seeing more and more like me registering but not getting replies on Richard Barrow's Facebook Page reporting about Medpark today. That's why we asking if people just walk-in or if really everyone has a specific appointment 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PMEL said:

I believe that the Astra vaccine is a month or more between shots whereas most if not all of the others are 2 weeks.  

I'm not about anytime in regards to Thailand's rollouts of vaccines unfortunately.

• Haha 1

I think what is happening is resident foreigners who live within the Greater Bangkok area are being transferred from Expatvac to Bang Sue station. I think Bang Sue station may not have the cold storage facilities for Pfizer and so are providing AZ. See here :

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

AZ 8 weeks 

Pfizer 3 weeks 

Has anyone seen the results of infection in thoses double vaccinated with Pfizer, 3 weeks apart, as per in Israel?

The efficiency is going off a cliff over time (39%), as opposed to the UK, where Pfizer vaccinations where given 8-12 weeks apart and efficiency is still holding up. 

Its not surprising that the Doctors making these decisions want immunity from prosecution for negligence.

If you are interested in the facts then look at youtube on the Dr. John Campbell site:-

Big US implications from Israel (24th July)

• Haha 1

Apologies for taking up so much of this thread.

Just one last thing to say and this sums it up.

As the good people of a Nakhon Sawan hospital said yesterday when they received their allotted Pfizer vaccines:

” Thank You Joe Biden “

( apparently Anutin was far from pleased )

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, champers said:

AZ will do for me. Many Thais would be glad of it too, I guess.

actually maybe a lot smarter solution.

let's see within 10 years if people using mRNA vaccine pfizer or moderna do not face early cancers...

it's a lot safer to use a vaccine using dead virus technology.

But anyway, who really needs vaccine ? people who are not able to wear a mask and keep distance ? funny people...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Okay, all done with Pfizer at MedPark 

Arrived 9.30 am , jabbed at 12.00 noon, now waiting 30 minutes.

Thanks Andrew, Best reporting since I moved to LOS. Besides not having to call out some Indians sounds like my Friday visit might be OK.

2 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

Why 13th busy?

Because I see a few people with appointments at MedPark for 13th, 15th, 16th etc and someone posted they had received a second email saying they could now go 08.00 - 17.00 on 13th to 20th.

So assuming for fear of the vaccines running out people will go there early on the 13th . Obviously only my guesswork but today seems to fit that logic ,indeed my appointment slot was tomorrow but when offered I took the earlier option.

3 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

UK Govt. approved free vax is sufficient. Vax preferences irrelevant.

First Jab AZ 87% preventative of Death by Delta as latest Canada study.

Going forward we are likely to see governments or other entities specify that vaccination is required for entry and that the vaccine must be one approved by the WHO or US FDA. AZ and Chinese are not

2 hours ago, koele2 said:

Pretty obvious that the Pfizer vaccine has been allocated to well connected Thais, and maybe some Pfizer will be given to foreigners.  We will get the less effective astra and sinovac, the scraps, while the higher ups hoard the Pfizer for themselves, their friends, and the highest bidders.  The US should not have donated these vaccines without requiring an accounting of who gets the vaccine.  Or at least look out for their own citizens.  

Pretty certain some agreement would have been made that the relative few American passport holders would receive Pfizer as part of the donation agreement. One question on the application was what country your passport was from. I'm sure many Americans have been hounding the US Embassy, Senators as I have.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

YOU  imply that if  he  gets  covid  he will end  up requiring oxygen FACTTTTTTTTTTTTT   you stated below those very words

"You'll be sucking it up ' oxygen that is '  if Covid19 takes you down before you can get your beloved Pfizer!"

FACT thats  simply  not true  by a  LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way vast majority do not end up in hospital  and  end up  on oxygen vast majority get minor symptoms  hence why many countries  let them stay at  home in fact the overwhelming majority.

Its  scaremongering to say he  will end up sucking oxygen.

You see? You are deliberately changing what I said to suit your narrative adding in capitals your impolite shouting in script!......... Take a chill pill......!

These were my words!

Not fake or scaremongering at all.

The worst cases end up on oxygen and ventilators, that's a FACT.

Having any type of vaccine recommended by WHO reduces the chances of this happening massively....another FACT.

Now, on the second line it does say clearly what I wrote and what I meant when I answered the other poster if you want to read it again slowly to yourself, aloud if it helps you. ' The worst cases end up on oxygen '

It is also true that any WHO registered vaccine protects against the worst symptoms of the virus.

8 hours ago, ClaySmc said:

I didn't see your post about using 2 different emails.... I just registered on the ThailandVac site for Bangkok Hospital, which was offering Pfizer and it went through with no problem, but I expect they may reject the registration when they find out I also registered on the expatvac site with the same email???? Anyway, hope one of these gets me a "real" appointment. Thanks for the heads-up.

You should be O.K. when I signed up for MedPark using the Thailandvac link I didn't chose any other location since I didn't see they were offering Pfizer. As I noted Expat and Thailandvac or linked since when they responded to both my email addresses my email has been register I noticed the sender address it is from the same sources. 

I was given the message on my Yahoo account a confirmation of getting the Pfizer, date and time and that they noticed I had register another email address this one through Expatvac noting they will not send another confirmation to that account so I think you will be O.K. Good luck.