Pattaya area woman loses her life after crashing into a wall in Nongprue, may have suffered a medical emergency prior to the accident

webfact

tpn.jpg

Banglamung – A female driver died after she tragically crashed her vehicle into a wall in Nongprue this afternoon (August 9th).

Emergency responders were notified of the accident at 4:00 P.M. in Soi Nong Maikan.

They and The Pattaya News arrived at the scene to find the damaged sedan and a damaged residential wall.

The driver, Ms. Sureerat Sangrangsri, 37, was initially found having sustained serious injuries inside her sedan and convulsing. Despite the best efforts of first responders, she was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident shortly after.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/09/pattaya-area-woman-loses-her-life-after-crashing-into-a-wall-in-nongprue-may-have-suffered-a-medical-emergency-prior-to-the-accident/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

may have suffered a medical emergency prior to the accident

Yes, that´s possible. Another possibility is that she is just same good at driving as the general driver in this country.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

With the help of airbags and seat belts that amount of damage normally would not cause enough injuries to have killed her. In my opinion.  

Yes, with modern cars one would expect not. Although the fact she was having convulsions at first had me thinking something else happened, but it also mentioned 'serious injuries'. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That's two suspected medical emergencies resulting in accidents in two days.

I think that there must be so many people in this country driving with serious medial conditions that would disqualify them in any other country.  In my expended family connections I know of at least 10 people who should never be behind the wheel of a car, or on a motorbike, but are still licensed to drive and ride. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My missus has no serious medical conditions in fact keeps fit a lot, but I still think she should not be behind the wheel of a car, she just drove into the corner of my workshop, "Solly tilak me press wrong pedal'' ????

My G/F Number One is quite open about the fact that her father, with pre senile dementia, manages to drive daily  by bouncing off cars, obstacles and even sometimes people, as he meanders around the local area. She does regularly tell him to stop, but of course he takes no notice.  

10 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

My G/F Number One is quite open about the fact that her father, with pre senile dementia, manages to drive daily  by bouncing off cars, obstacles and even sometimes people, as he meanders around the local area. She does regularly tell him to stop, but of course he takes no notice.  

Then take his keys away.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Then take his keys away.

She values her life too much. Besides, thank goodness, he lives nowhere near us. You don't cross a man like him, his dementia not withstanding. Fortunately, he didn't pass on any of his bad traits to his daughter, only to his son, who is also a dick head.  

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Wow, such a shock in a country of 70 million people.

How many people have heart attacks, strokes or an aneurysm or even just something like an asthma attack while driving each and every day?

A friend of mine had a minor stroke once, he was driving at the time, bringing the kids home from school.

He noticed something was wrong when he started drooling as he lost control of one side of his face.

He managed to pull over, this was a very minor stroke, he was lucky. It happens all the time and not everyone is so lucky as my friend was.

Edited by ukrules

19 minutes ago, ukrules said:
9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Wow, such a shock in a country of 70 million people.

How many people have heart attacks, strokes or an aneurysm or even just something like an asthma attack while driving each and every day?

A friend of mine had a minor stroke once, he was driving at the time, bringing the kids home from school.

He noticed something was wrong when he started drooling as he lost control of one side of his face.

He managed to pull over, this was a very minor stroke, he was lucky. It happens all the time and not everyone is so lucky as my friend was.

All I did was point out that there had been two similar stories. I didn't really expect a lecture about it. I wouldn't consider it a shock that two were reported out of 70 million people.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Seatbelts are optional in Thailand, only the airbag works or a good amulet.

I remember an incident  few years ago where a relatively new Fortuna was involved in an accident and the air bags didn't operate.  They later found out they had been removed, presumably with a re-sale value.

Not something you test for when buying a second hand vehicle, along with a quick kick of the 4 tyres.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

There is no sign of her head striking the windshield, but I don't see a deflated airbag on the dash.  As she was in convulsions when the homeowner ran outside, I suspect that she sadly suffered from a medical issue.  Any injuries to her from the crash would have been secondary from what caused the convulsions.

18 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

There is no sign of her head striking the windshield, but I don't see a deflated airbag on the dash.  As she was in convulsions when the homeowner ran outside, I suspect that she sadly suffered from a medical issue.  Any injuries to her from the crash would have been secondary from what caused the convulsions.

I don't see the point of guessing about it... I was of a similar opinion until I read of her serious injuries.