COVID recoveries outnumber new cases in Thailand for second day running

webfact

24 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Whats the definition of a covid19 recovery? Negative followup test?  Symptoms completely resolved ? 

Your guess is as good as mine. Wish we had a definitive answer from MOPH.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Got it! Hope I did not offend you.

But I am tired of the government spin trying to deflect from the mess Thailand is getting itself into. The problem with spin (or white lies?) is the spinner starts to believe their own spin.

I could be wrong, but I think the headline here is written by Aseannow Admin?  I agree about government spin though.  I guess 'The Thick Of It' isn't shown in Thailand!

25 minutes ago, nkg said:

People who are vaccinated? People who are scared of their own shadow won't be going to any foreign countries for years, so let's forget about them.

Care to explain the double entendre?

4 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

I get released today from a covid hospitel at noon after testing positive for covid on my 2nd day in ASQ. I’ve been here 2 weeks today.

What are the conditions like?

3 square a day?

Showers, toilets, snacks........etc 

So is it a hotel similar to staying ASQ?

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

They have done that with my brother in law sent him home after 10 days in hospital, with a load of medication he live alone so easy to isolate

Would you call him fully recovered? I guess if he has to isolate he isn't. A load of medication as anyone who has been to a doctor here knows is the norm. If he isn't fully recoverd then we know why release numbers are so high. Not fully recovered but released from medical care but classified as recovered. Just more subterfuge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

It’s a small hotel room. Everyone here has covid, I’ve only seen one other foreigner. We get 3 meals a day which are usually cold when they arrive, have a shower in the room and a balcony. No extra amenities at all. We only have water to drink and no deliveries. It was a rough 2 weeks. 

Cost?

6 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

It’s a small hotel room. Everyone here has covid, I’ve only seen one other foreigner. We get 3 meals a day which are usually cold when they arrive, have a shower in the room and a balcony. No extra amenities at all. We only have water to drink and no deliveries. It was a rough 2 weeks. 

Sounds horrible. 

So today after release your free so to speak. What's the plan.....just grab a hotel somewhere? 

Obviously your aware of the restrictions currently in place.

You can travel inter province as those restrictions are flexible.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

I can finally start my Thailand trip.

Don't know what your 'Thailand trip' involves.......however check places out prior to travel as many things are closed and I don't just mean bars and eateries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

It was horrible, it’s not a good environment for recovering from covid either. Today is my 1st day of freedom, I’m gonna get a coffee as soon as I get out then I check into a hotel for a few days to decompress then I can finally start my Thailand trip. I can’t believe this happened to me. It was an experience .

What were the circumstances around your positive test? From where and what transport ?

13 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Yes people who are fully vaccinated will be more than happy to holiday here in the high season once it opens up, such as those from the UK where Thailand still sits in the amber zone so no quarantine on return. The face that it was not upgraded to red will reassure many it’s safe to come. 

Not everyone lives in fear thankfully. 

Did you not see the USA is warning it's citizens even those fully vaccinated about travel to Thailand.

• Like 2