COVID recoveries outnumber new cases in Thailand for second day running

webfact

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office has just announced they have 1,368 new cases and 11 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (376), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (187), and Si Racha (340). 19,170 patients are now in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1425248080144658433

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/11/chonburi-announces-1368-new-covid-19-cases-with-11-deaths/

2 hours ago, webfact said:

22,012 recoveries

playing with numbers again I see, what does recoveries even mean, infected people at home ?, it doesn't change the numbers  RAT tests change the numbers bevause they are not reported in the official numbers

• Like 1

Something new to add the recoveries.... So the people can see that the lockdown is working as the vaccination.. But I am not sure to trust these numbers.. I am even thinking that in while there are more recoveries so that we have negatieve covid cases to keep the high numbers of recoveries... Of course I understand that and I am happy that most people will be healthy again

32 minutes ago, buick said:

i know my suggestions will be immediately rejected by most.  but here it goes.  not long ago i did a comparison btwn the peak in india and what the peak might be in thailand.  we all know the official numbers for both countries are not perfect but most likely give a general idea on the direction of up or down.  india's peak was roughly 400,000 cases/day (7 day daily avg) and 4,000 deaths.  divide by 20 and that put thailand at 20,000 and 200.  again, it isn't a perfect analysis, far from it, but it does give you some idea.  as an example, we probably won't see 1,000 deaths in a day (using the 7 day daily avg).  will we see 500 ?  probably not.  300 ?  i wouldn't bet against that one.  my bet/guess is we are getting close to the peak of this wave.  coming back down won't feel great with alot more deaths to register.  but hopefully we are almost halfway through and the vaccines will help fight the next wave.

Not seen any rejections yet, have a read of this post from yesterday on the same subject but from a different angle although with the same hope and a little evidence

Edited by Bkk Brian

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Today was Thailand's only third time above 21,000 cases, and as predicted, the day's case count rose again after the not uncommon downturn period over the weekend that had daily cases in the 19,000s. So much for some folks' downward trend.

So that is an upturn in the downturn and not a downturn in the upturn.

• Haha 2

Before delta but the most comprehensive and up to date study yet on asymptomatic. 35% of people.

The best comprehensive review of the asymptomatic status with Covid, >350 studies, just out

@PNASNews https://pnas.org/content/118/34/e2109229118 Overall: true, never had symptoms 35%; children 47%

(wonder what the rate is w/ Delta)

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1425230814862708739

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smedly said:

not correct - do some research

Almost by definition it is impossible to research my hypothesis.

Perhaps you could explain why antibodies are showing up in large fractions of the population, although it’s extremely unlikely that people were infected at testable levels to that degree. 

Two-thirds of Indians have coronavirus antibodies, survey shows

similar surveys in other countries show similar results.

There are not many explanation for this.

One explanation is that a billion Indians were infected by Covid-19. At a 1% Case Fatality Rate, that’s 10 million dead, but maybe 100 - 200 million with symptoms. Unlikely.

Another explanation is there is some other virus provoking an antibody reaction to Covid-19. Possible, but there’s a Nobel prize awaiting whoever figures it out.

my hypothesis is that people are being infected at extremely low levels, with no symptoms and a viral load too low for PCR, but enough to trigger an antibody reaction. 

your guess is as good as mine.

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

"Studies have suggested that PCR tests start to detect RNA from SARS-CoV-2, roughly 1-3 days before the onset of symptoms – similar to when people start to become infectious – with the highest viral loads observed during the first few days of symptoms (assuming the person is symptomatic). From this point, the amount of virus gradually declines, until it can no longer be detected by PCR. In general, asymptomatic people may test positive for 1-2 weeks, while those with mild-to moderate disease often continue to test positive for a week or more after this."

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/false-negative-how-long-does-it-take-coronavirus-become-detectable-pcr  (5 JULY 2021)

I am not talking about people who get infected with viral loads detectable early on with PCR.

I am talking about people who receive teeny tiny amounts of virus, so small that the body can handle it, but new antibodies are produced.

Again, this is not even my opinion, it’s just a hypothesis to explain the India numbers.

• Like 1