Anyone recommend an non U.S based VPN

bbabythai

I'm currently using the Swiss based VPN called 'Proton'. But it constantly causes my laptop to hang. When I open my laptop proton tries to re-open and theres a bug. I open the app and it says 'proton not responding'. I quit the app but chrome does not work. Its a wind up to be honest.

I want a VPN that not based in the good old United states of America and one that does not keep logs. 

Its not so important but if you also use one that I can pay in crypto currency I would be interested. 

I have tried before 'Express vpn' and Nord..... But they also have annoying messages. For example if I try to shut down my laptop theres a message 'do you want to shut down xxxx vpn'. 

I want a quality user friendly and robust VPN. I will not consider any free VPNs

thanks

I've been using 'My Expat Network' for 15 years now. I first signed up when I was in China and since then in Egypt and now here. It is totally reliable and once you've enabled it, you would hardly be aware that it is operating.

Visit their home page right here

17 minutes ago, HB9CPW said:

Hi, NordVPN works perfect on Android phone and Win10-PC, i don't receive any  unwanted messages. 

Will renew the contract because it's fast and no dropouts.

Regards,

Marc

Same here for me using Express.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I have tried before 'Express vpn' and Nord..... But they also have annoying messages. For example if I try to shut down my laptop theres a message 'do you want to shut down xxxx vpn'. 

I get a 'do you want to log out' with my Nationwide Bank app, but I am not moving my money.

It's probably Windows asking that as it knows there are apps running. You only need to click on YES!

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

I get a 'do you want to log out' with my Nationwide Bank app, but I am not moving my money.

It's probably Windows asking that as it knows there are apps running. You only need to click on YES!

I have a mac and its annoying to have to click yes. Why should any app stop shutting down. Its stupid code...

I am also using Proton VPN for the last 4 months - I have absolutely no problems whatsoever, very solid. This sounds more like a settings problem on your side.

I used VPR VPN before and had way more issues, it also having twice the ping time as Proton.

The only part I don't like about Proton VPN is the lack of Thai based servers, but Singapore is faster than what I had with Thai servers with VPR.

'Browsec' free and reliable.

Browsec free VPN - the best way to stay safe while accessing the Internet. Browsec is trusted by over 7 million users. Join now, it's free! - Browsec free VPN service protects your public Wi-Fi connections from anyone trying to steal your personal data, passwords and other information transferred over the network.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

Best of the Best . . . privatevpn.com   . A Swedish provider have lot of server world wide with 100% Sure NO logs i can confirm.

buy 1 year get 1 year for free about 50 USD.

Dont go for NordVPN they just a cash greedy company dont care about your privacy . . .

https://techcrunch.com/2019/10/21/nordvpn-confirms-it-was-hacked/

Edited by oMega69
  • Like 1

I use Browsec   (paid version)  and have done for several years, it's

based in Russia, that's OK for me, some of these other well know

brands of VPN 's are owned by Chinese companies, so....

Its so easy to use, its an app in the browser, just click it on ,or leave

it on, I have tried other's and they. were not so easy to use .

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 8:09 PM, bbabythai said:

why do you think its free

Cuz they don't charge you.    

Browsec VPN - Free VPN for Chrome

How does Browsec make money?

How does it make money? The simple answer is the same as Mozilla Firefox. Google receives money from advertisers but, instead of paying out search royalties to other browsers, the money is transferred to the Chrome part of Google. Chrome makes money by saving Google royalty expenses

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Confused 1