Thailand reports 21,882 new COVID-19 cases, 209 fatalities

Jonathan Fairfield

"The CCSA, which reviews restrictions every 14 days, will also decided whether to ease some of the measures put in place."   

Interesting that the CCSA's options seem to be extending the existing restrictions, or easing some of them, not tightening them up.

Last night, just before I completed watching the 322nd sheep jump over the fence, my Thai wife tapped me on the shoulder and asked me a question about this forum. 

"If the US government has earmarked a certain percentage of the 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, why hasn't anyone started a petition to get the benefactors to pressure the recipients to come clean on their commitment to sharing the vaccine with the foreign residents of Thailand?"

I had no answer. Do any of you?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Denim said:

These pictures just demonstrate the continued incompetence of the vaccine distribution.  If this is the best they can manage then we can expect to see a continuing rise in infections.

Exactly…and yet many actually believe the propaganda from the Government that they are vaccinating 650k people in a day…surely common sense would tell you it’s a lie.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, b17 said:

Last night, just before I completed watching the 322nd sheep jump over the fence, my Thai wife tapped me on the shoulder and asked me a question about this forum. 

"If the US government has earmarked a certain percentage of the 1.5 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine, why hasn't anyone started a petition to get the benefactors to pressure the recipients to come clean on their commitment to sharing the vaccine with the foreign residents of Thailand?"

I had no answer. Do any of you?

I highly doubt a Thai could imagine a question of that complexity ????????????. Just kidding.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marvin Hagler said:

I highly doubt a Thai could imagine a question of that complexity ????????????. Just kidding.. 

Fair dinkum. I paraphrased what she said, which was closer to "why doesn't someone complain to the US reps in Thailand about foreigners not getting any of the vaccines they sent?"....

• Like 1

Today?  I understood this meeting was scheduled for tomorrow, Monday.

CCSA meets today to extend Covid measures, or ease restrictions

Today’s meeting of Thailand’s peak Covid organisations will decide the continuation, or the juggling, of restrictions as the CCSA and government departments grapple with country’s steady, but worrisome, increases in both new infections and deaths over the past month.

Currently, 29 provinces are Dark Red Zones, classified as the maximum and strict controlled area designation.

The CCSA will meet today and decide if they will extend the current lockdown measures. The extension of the Red Zones, with the highest levels of restrictions and curfews, have been ramped up over the past month but have seen a steady rise in both new infections and deaths, both in the key battle grounds around the city and nearby provinces, and the other provinces as well.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/ccsa-meets-today-to-extend-covid-measures-or-ease-restrictions

The CCSA press briefings in Thai and English will now take place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Also, there will be an important meeting on Monday to decide whether to make any changes to the present restrictions. Stay tuned #Thailand

https://mobile.twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1426070938437656581

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1