Do you object to being asked if you’ve been vaccinated?

Chomper Higgot

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

There is no ‘long term data’ for the Influenza vaccine, it changes every year as it tracks the drift of seasonal influenza. 

If we are to wait 10 years for the long term safety of the Covid-19 vaccines to be studied a number of issues will exist. 

Firstly, many many more will die pointlessly and by the time the Vaccine has passed all trials it is useless as the vaccine is no longer effective against new variants. 

The vaccine technology has been around for a long time, viral vector, deactivated virus, dead virus, mRNA vaccines.

Now - how many of those questioning the safety of the Covid-19 vaccines actually paid any attention to the safety of the MMR vaccines, TB vaccine, Polio Vaccine, Meningococcal vaccine, Tetanus... etc etc... ???

Yes, there were ‘anti-vaxxers’ for the other vaccines, but even the ‘anti-covid-vax’ folk want to separate and differentiate themselves from the real anti-vax nutters. 

No one to my knowledge is saying that people should NOT get the vaccine if they WANT it. What is wrong is forcing people that DON'T want it to have it.

If they can get away with this, what's next?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Now - how many of those questioning the safety of the Covid-19 vaccines actually paid any attention to the safety of the MMR vaccines, TB vaccine, Polio Vaccine, Meningococcal vaccine, Tetanus... etc etc... ???

Me, I stopped getting vaccinated for diseases I was unlikely to catch, or were unlikely to seriously harm me in 1968 when I was old enough to say 'NO'. They got me with whooping cough and polio vaccines when I was too young to refuse, but I managed to avoid the rest. Oddly enough I didn't die from any of the diseases for which I refused the vaccines.

Didn't die from COVID either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Me, I stopped getting vaccinated for diseases I was unlikely to catch, or were unlikely to seriously harm me in 1968 when I was old enough to say 'NO'. They got me with whooping cough and polio vaccines when I was too young to refuse, but I managed to avoid the rest. Oddly enough I didn't die from any of the diseases for which I refused the vaccines.

Well not yet anyway.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No one to my knowledge is saying that people should NOT get the vaccine if they WANT it. What is wrong is forcing people that DON'T want it to have it.

If they can get away with this, what's next?

Who’s forcing people who don’t want the vaccine to have it, where is that happening?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Who’s forcing people who don’t want the vaccine to have it, where is that happening?

Don’t be so coy. Based on my interpretation, it’s pretty clear some here would applaud others being held down and forcibly jabbed. Pushing for mandates at a minimum. 

Are you actually denying that this hasn’t been implied - even explicitly stated?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yet.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People say all sorts of things, but that’s not the assertion I’m calling out.

Who’s forcing people who don’t want the vaccine to have it, where is that happening?”

You said, “There’s plenty of jobs, go work with others who don’t want to be vaccinated.” And there are companies threatening people with termination for not vaccinating. How is that NOT forcing the issue?

I’m saying, that’s not a practical solution. You are in effect saying it’s okay to threaten those refusing vaccination with the loss of their job, of supporting themselves and their family. And if they don’t like it to simply go find another job. 

Edited by DBath
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

Are you denying that people have died from exposure to COVID?

Death from COVID is not a hypothetical, oh sorry (big word), it is not a "what if", It is happening every day.

Has been happening and will continue to happen.

Not denying covid is real, not at all. What I AM DENYING, is your’s and other’s ability to predict who is going to get it. To place people like me a others into your little “anti-vaxxer, anti-mask, anti-social distancing, anti-hand washing, covid-denying” category. 

It kind of reminds me of that story about Chicken Little, running around screaming, “The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!”

Edited by DBath
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

Sadly, we're all in this together. Mandatory vaccinations have been part of society for decades. Your thinking only hurts us, doesn't help. It's very selfish.

Informed citizens are getting the jabs.

The vaccines we have today for Covid are experimental, big difference and will take years before any true dangerous side effects begin to show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Not a problem don't see why the anwser would change anything most people try to get vaccinated anyway. Just a small group of holdouts. I have been asked it quite a few times before by friends who had their first shot and i had to reply no. Now I have had my first shot too. 

Did think that i have had an delayed reaction to it, had a high fever and could not stop shaking. Had to go to bed and stay there even with GF holding me tight in bed sharing body warmth and a thick blanket i was shivering and at the same time sweating like crazy. Not a pleasant night, next day still fever but lower and less shaking. Now im ok again. Not a fun experience.

I have had fevers like this but never so bad that it left muscle ache from the contractions of the shivering and when it set on i could hardly breathe (just for a few minutes). But it was 4 days after the shot. Still its the most likely explanation.

13 minutes ago, DBath said:

Not denying covid is real, not at all. What I AM DENYING, is your’s and other’s ability to predict who is going to get it. To place people like me a others into your little “anti-vaxxer, anti-mask, anti-social distancing, anti-hand washing, covid-denying” category. 

It kind of reminds me of that story about Chicken Little, running around screaming, “The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!”

I didn't predict he would get COVID.

He said "Didn't die from COVID either."

I said "yet" because it ain't over yet.

He stated he didn't die from COVID and I am absolutely correct in saying "yet".

COVID ain't gone yet.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not a problem don't see why the anwser would change anything most people try to get vaccinated anyway. Just a small group of holdouts. I have been asked it quite a few times before by friends who had their first shot and i had to reply no. Now I have had my first shot too. 

Did think that i have had an delayed reaction to it, had a high fever and could not stop shaking. Had to go to bed and stay there even with GF holding me tight in bed sharing body warmth and a thick blanket i was shivering and at the same time sweating like crazy. Not a pleasant night, next day still fever but lower and less shaking. Now im ok again. Not a fun experience.

I have had fevers like this but never so bad that it left muscle ache from the contractions of the shivering and when it set on i could hardly breathe (just for a few minutes). But it was 4 days after the shot. Still its the most likely explanation.

Would you not say the side effects you experienced were severe from Phizer shot? I'm really looking forward to my first Phizer shot when I return to US.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The vaccines we have today for Covid are experimental, big difference and will take years before any true dangerous side effects begin to show.

Full FDA approval for Pfizer is expected in a few days. Guess many here will have to come up with other arguments to not get vaccinated. Sad times.

P.S. it's never been experimental. Don't post misinformation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Would you not say the side effects you experienced were severe from Phizer shot? I'm really looking forward to my first Phizer shot when I return to US.

Never felt a thing with the first, and barely anything with the second. Same for my wife and most of our friends .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

I think they were bad but it was just a day and a night. So well worth it. But everyone responds differently my elderly parents had pfizer too and did not have a problem at all. I would not worry too much if i were you. 

But i was happy GF was around to bring me water and keep me warm when needed. Alone it would have been worse. Its not as if i never had a fever. This was just a level up. (at least how it started). To be honest when i had no side effects after the first 2 days i thought i was in the clear. 

And i assume it was the pfizer shot, but can't be 100% sure as the action was delayed and did not come in the first 2 days. But on the 4th day. I cannot of course 100% say it was pfizer. But I would take the shot again knowing that this would happen.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, transam said:

People like you "think" you are safe from it because of the way you live, but you are wrong, nobody knows if they are safe.

I think there is a "Fruitcake" category out there regarding Covid....

When did I say I think I’m safe from covid? Maybe “safer” than most, because other than taking the vaccine I’m taking ALL the proper precautions. 

And…I’m not calling anyone “stupid” or a “fruitcake” should they decide they want to get jabbed, I fully understand why some people are willing to go out on that limb. So don’t call me names or try to place me in one of your little “buckets”. 

People like you think just because you decide to get vaccinated or have been vaccinated then so should everyone else.

Edited by DBath
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

From what I understand it is like measels/flu etc. eventually we will all get it. Just the severity will vary. The vaccine is not about individual protection it is more about not requiring hospitalization and overloading the medial facilities. 

If one is vaccinated there is little chance of requiring hospitalization. Similar to be vaccinated against , say, Yellow Fever.

I agree with most of that, but for the last part, where you say we will all “eventually get it”, well maybe or maybe not…  There is one important distinction you left out, and while I understand the FDA says approval for Pfizer’s vaccine is coming, it’s not approved yet. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

From what I understand it is like measels/flu etc. eventually we will all get it. Just the severity will vary. The vaccine is not about individual protection it is more about not requiring hospitalization and overloading the medial facilities. 

If one is vaccinated there is little chance of requiring hospitalization. Similar to be vaccinated against , say, Yellow Fever.

And yet ..... there is another story claiming 2/3 of COVID deaths were unvaccinated.

Which to me implies 1/3 of deaths were vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No.

There’s plenty of jobs, go work with others who don’t want to be vaccinated.

So should it not also be acceptable for any company to terminate or refuse to hire people that have been vaccinated? 

Would it not also be acceptable a packing company to compel there employees eat pork everyday for lunch? Plenty of jobs for Muslims and vegans elseward, yes? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I think I'm 100% safe from COVID, 'cos I had it once and it was trivial.

Chances of it being worse a second time are insignificant.

I fully understand more susceptible or chronically ill people wanting a vaccine.

Not everyone is as resistant to disease as myself.

Were you tested for COVID or is it just your brilliant intuitive ability to determine the agent of your illness?

I think we have had this conversation before.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1