Thai police explain why there are FOURTEEN CCTV cameras at one intersection

webfact

8pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Thai netizens were perplexed after a picture online showed a total of 14 CCTV cameras on one overhead beam at an intersection in Pathum Thani.

Was this number of cameras really needed to catch errant motorists, they asked. 

Pol Col Suksawat Khusitthiphol of the highway police said that only the blue ones (along with their LED lights) were actually catching red light jumpers. There were just three of those.

The other 11 that were indicated by red, green and purple arrows were a test to develop the police's processing system. 

They were not being used to catch motorists and would be removed on August 21st after a ten day period. 

The cameras are at the Rangsit - Bang Bua Thong intersection in Pathum Thani north of the Thai capital Bangkok.

They are near an army base, reported Sanook

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The other 11 that were indicated by red, green and purple arrows were a test to develop the police's processing system. 

Facial recognition cameras coming to a Soi near you soon then ????

• Like 2

At one set of traffic lights I ride through everyday in Pattaya I always see  one or two people jump the lights. That's Evey day every time. I cannot remember the last time I sat at the lights and didn't see somebody jump them. Perhaps one of those cameras when taken down could be moved there.

5 hours ago, Andycoops said:

In my experience of CCTV in Thailand most of them are for decoration and either don't work or aren't connected to anywhere.

Some work.

The experience cost me 1300 Baht in total so far (800, 500) :whistling:

Edited by KhunBENQ