As many as 3,000 Thai minors catching COVID-19 every day

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Well I've heard that the procedures being followed at schools are rather horrifying.  They don't even have hand sanitization.  Both on the ground and on this forum.  

So I do hope that you see why your version of truth is far from what is really truly going on.  

It's nice to hear that your old school is following protocols but this is not the norm.  

We have hand sanitizer and I am teaching in school (well I was before the break and will be after it) with children so I know what is happening on the ground where I work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You got my hopes up there. Let's hope sensible protocols allow schools in Thailand to open again soon.

I doubt that, my son's teacher came round today to tel us that the school will be closed  at least up to next term.

21 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I doubt that, my son's teacher came round today to tel us that the school will be closed  at least up to next term.

My son's "next term" starts on 23 August, so I'll be delighted if the school can open then!  Realistically, I'm expecting at least half of next term to be online learning (like the whole of last term), but I'm hopeful it can reopen after half-term in mid-October.

19 minutes ago, DavisH said:

So, you aren't in Thailand. 

I never said I was.

What has that got to do with the post I made in responding to a meme most likely not set in Thailand?

My post was pointing out that the scenario postulated in the meme is not one that should happen. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Allowed for doubt.

10 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Well I've heard that the procedures being followed at schools are rather horrifying.  They don't even have hand sanitization.  Both on the ground and on this forum.  

So I do hope that you see why your version of truth is far from what is really truly going on.  

It's nice to hear that your old school is following protocols but this is not the norm.  

It will depend on the school - my school, last year, was very strict, even though we had no cases for months. That involved temperature checks at the gate, then sanitiser. All students must wear a mask at all times and wear it properly (except for lunch). Tables at lunch had barriers put up to separate students. All students desks were separated by at least a meter and students were not to go to other desks or borrow equipment. Regular sanitisation of hands during the day also. Students were also meant to keep a distance from each other (partially successful). There was basically no close mixing of students during the day. No group work/projects, no sports day, no xmas activities. 

I guess we will be using the same protocols upon return, whenever that is. 

12 hours ago, huangnon said:

Children are virtually at no risk whatsoever from the 'rona, unless they have serious underlying diseases. The OP reads like a typical scaremongering piece from some Thai establishment muppet dressed in a white coat. Probably trying to manufacture consent for all kids to be double-jabbed.

I agree.  I'm even wondering if these white coat experts know the difference between covid and the flu?  

12 hours ago, robblok said:

We are all in it together and your right its less fun now even me a hermit (like being home) is fed up with it at times. 

My home gym keeps me at least a bit sane, but motivation can be hard. 

I am more worried with having gf around 24/7 as she is working from home. I prefer to have some alone time some days. That is a bit hard now as she can't go out and do stuff.

I am in the same situation but I live in a condo so no home gym for me.

It's been months already, I've been going to the gym 4/5 times a week for 15 years and it's making me depressed not being able to do it.

Having gf/wife working at home being around 24/7 is another huge problem, especially if you stay in a 60 sqm apartment.

• Haha 1

So the children catch COVID from school and bring it home. They get sick and have to be cared for by

Mon and Dad, who then also get COVID. The Kids live, and Mom or Dad may be lucky enough to live or

die. Is Grandad and Grandma living in the same house, which is the case for many families in Thailand

so they also get sick. Do they survive?  And some posters think that the kids getting COVID has no

effects. Well it surely does. Please try think of the big picture, okay.

Geezer

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DavisH said:

It will depend on the school - my school, last year, was very strict, even though we had no cases for months. That involved temperature checks at the gate, then sanitiser. All students must wear a mask at all times and wear it properly (except for lunch). Tables at lunch had barriers put up to separate students. All students desks were separated by at least a meter and students were not to go to other desks or borrow equipment. Regular sanitisation of hands during the day also. Students were also meant to keep a distance from each other (partially successful). There was basically no close mixing of students during the day. No group work/projects, no sports day, no xmas activities. 

I guess we will be using the same protocols upon return, whenever that is. 

Same here, I’m teaching at an International School here, the COVID protocols are clear and effective as can be. Even with those in place we still had a cluster outbreak in April but they kept the school open with permission from the local health dept. Those in close contact were all tested and those that were positive were placed in a field hospital. On the summer hols now, school was supposed to resume late August but that’s now on hold so will probably be going back to online learning until the situation gets better.

Edited by coolcarer

43 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

So the children catch COVID from school and bring it home. They get sick and have to be cared for by

Mon and Dad, who then also get COVID. The Kids live, and Mom or Dad may be lucky enough to live or

die. Is Grandad and Grandma living in the same house, which is the case for many families in Thailand

so they also get sick. Do they survive?  And some posters think that the kids getting COVID has no

effects. Well it surely does. Please try think of the big picture, okay.

Geezer

So what do you suggest?  Keep schools closed forever?  You're naive if you think the virus is going to magically disappear.  Mum, Dad and Grandma & Grandpa need to be vaccinated.

• Like 1

Well to the Bangkok member, I was stating that children get sick from COVID, and they can and do spread it

just like they spread the other diseases they contact at school and bring back to their homes. I have never said to keep the schools closed.

The children may not die themselves from the COVID, but if they give it to their parents or grand parents, it is those 

people who can die from COVID.  That was what I was talking about, not keeping schools or anything closed.  So

Brewster, what ever you do, maybe do not put words into other posters posts.  Okay?

Geezer

2 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well to the Bangkok member, I was stating that children get sick from COVID, and they can and do spread it

just like they spread the other diseases they contact at school and bring back to their homes. I have never said to keep the schools closed.

The children may not die themselves from the COVID, but if they give it to their parents or grand parents, it is those 

people who can die from COVID.  That was what I was talking about, not keeping schools or anything closed.  So

Brewster, what ever you do, maybe do not put words into other posters posts.  Okay?

Geezer

Apologies.  The question wasn't really addressed directly to you.  But it does frustrate me that some people do seem to believe the schools should remain closed, until (magically) Covid is eliminated.  My point, badly made I accept, is that isn't going to happen for years, if at all.  Sure, kids will transmit Covid, but that can be minimised by adopting Covid protocols and vaccines.  If schools are closed, kids will still play together and can still pass on the virus.  In Bangkok schools have been closed since April - it doesn't seem to have had a huge effect on reducing Covid numbers, but has been harming kids' educational chances and mental health. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 11:34 PM, snoop1130 said:

New daily infections, across all age groups in the country, currently average about 20,000.

How does the government get the numbers to move down apart from getting more vaccine into arms.

The best way imo is to inflate the numbers so as to shock people into doing the right thing.

week 1  infections 50000 deaths  2000

week 2     ditto      80000 deaths  4000

week 3     ditto      120000 deaths  6000

week 4     ditto      240000 deaths  15000

week 30  all dead

Publishing the above might just work lol 

I mean if the massive road death toll doesn't seem to worry or cause people to drive more carefully then perhaps there's no hope left.