Thaksin chides Move Forward Party in Clubhouse talks

webfact

8 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Big difference in Thaksin, Yingluck, Prayut governments is the first 2 were elected and did not take power by a coup!   Then Prayut extended his power by writing a bogus constitution to keep himself in power.

They are still criminals even if they were elected. Hitler was also elected at some stage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you write to get lots of likes. I write what I think is correct and right. 

I am frustrated that there are still so many people out there who can't see that Thaksin is not the solution but part of the problem.

And a criminal is still a criminal even if he is or was also a politician. Just shouting "political prosecution" doesn't change that fact.

Also a coup leader who broke the constitution is a criminal however given himself amnesty in my eyes ,  , it is always who win is in power , by guns or by elections ....

Ps: , and no , i am not after personal likes, as i gave my opinion watching the Thai people adoration to him , i was even surprised myself so many faranf favor him , i did not expect that before 

Well i guess you go stay frustrated still  as the majority keep liking T .... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Hopefully it means that if he ( Thaksin ) comes back then you'll disappear never to be heard from again, please say it's so ????

Let's make a deal: If Thaksin is back in Thailand and back in politics again then I will shut up in this forum (until the next anti Thaksin coup).

I do that under the condition that all Thaksin fan boys here acknowledge the fact that he is a wanted criminal and he should be in jail. Deal? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

come on, tell us what he did to you, it must have been horrendous, share with us and you will feel relieved, let the pain flow out of you, sometimes sharing it will ease the pain..... peace ✌️smile-emoticons-peace-hand-emoticon-60773086.jpg

Thanks for your nice suggestion. I will take a couple of deep breath and all that.

And in the meantime: Never forget! All that because Thaksin wanted "his" money back.

T3x2QXQpQkeSos1ZQ20d7mf07qrSkSBMhWpf_Mcy

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, candide said:

We know you don't like people who are protesting for elections, you like them only when they are protesting against elections.

Do you want to tell me the current mob is protesting for elections? 555

For me it seems many of them want to create trouble on the streets. And I am sure at least some of them are paid to do exactly that.

And obviously they spread Covid and then they demonstrate again Covid. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense - or maybe not? 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, candide said:

And lets not forget that some foreigners support coups again and again. And then they are somehow surprised they they have a corrupt military-led government (as all military-led government have been during the history of Thailand), Amazing foreigners.

Just for my understanding how can powerless foreigners bring in a military junta ? Did foreigners protests ? did they vote later on for the parties that helped the military (oh they can't vote). So how exactly did we foreigners (i did at some point too) help the military get in power.

Now i get how the Thais get the corrupt Thaksin in power by voting and I do get that other Thais protested on the streets to get rid of the corrupt Thaksin. But obviously you seem to imply us foreigners having some kind of power to install governments. Id love to know how because all I ever did for instance was post on Thaivisa. I never knew that had the power to topple governments. Because I have been commenting on the evils of the junta almost as long as i commenting against the evils of Thaksin and nothing happened. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, candide said:

And lets not forget that some foreigners support coups again and again. And then they are somehow surprised they they have a corrupt military-led government (as all military-led government have been during the history of Thailand), Amazing foreigners.

At least I am not surprised about the Prayut government. And he made sure Thaksin is still in the desert and the red-shirts are somewhere far away in their villages. Great!

And apart from that I would love to see Thai people voting for honest and competent politicians. At least I dream it might happen one day.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Actually, I think it is rather simpler than that - you would love it if the Thai people would vote for the people you think they should, those you think should be running the show. If (as) they don't you simply condemn them as stupid - a dismissal of repeated electoral choices which is breathtaking in its utter arrogance.

As for the "I don't have any time for the other side either" bleats - utter balderdash! You are their most prominent cheerleader on this site!

It's almost funny when some people pretend they know what I think.

How often do I have to write that I would love to see the day when Thai people vote for honest and competent politicians?

And then it's up to the Thai people if they want a left or right or whatever government. It's their country. It's their decision.

Voting for corrupt criminals is contra productive. It's amazing that I have to repeat that simple fact.

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, candide said:

As usual you put words into my mouth. I was referring to comments made by foreigners, in particular in this forum, and everyone else has understood it in this way.

You were comparing Thais who can vote and vote in Thailand with foreigners commenting on a forum. One with the power to change governments and the other with only the power to comment. Who do you think got us in this situation the Thais or the foreigners who can do nothing but comment ?

You replied to the onemorefarang his remark of Thais voting in the corrupt Thaksin comparing them with foreigners with no power. I just don't think that comparison is valid. 

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least I am not surprised about the Prayut government. And he made sure Thaksin is still in the desert and the red-shirts are somewhere far away in their villages. Great!

And apart from that I would love to see Thai people voting for honest and competent politicians. At least I dream it might happen one day.

My mistake! I thought you initially believed the Junta would suppress corruption, and would not be even more corrupt than the previous elected corrupt bunch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You were comparing Thais who can vote and vote in Thailand with foreigners commenting on a forum. One with the power to change governments and the other with only the power to comment. Who do you think got us in this situation the Thais or the foreigners who can do nothing but comment ?

You replied to the onemorefarang his remark of Thais voting in the corrupt Thaksin comparing them with foreigners with no power. I just don't think that comparison is 

To start with, Thais did not have the power to change their government as they have been prevented from voting in 2014. They could have chosen to change (or not) the government, and vote for whoever they wanted.

As for the rest of your post, I already answered.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, candide said:

To start with, Thais did not have the power to change their government as they have been prevented from voting in 2014. They could have chosen to change (or not) the government, and vote for whoever they wanted.

As for the rest of your post, I already answered.

In short your comparison is invalid. You write that foreigners should be surprised.. yea I would be really suprised if my moaning and commenting actually changed something opposed to Thais who can vote and protest to change a goverment. Shown by the voting in of the shins and the removal of them all done by Thais. Foreigners never had a hand in it.

So yes I would be really surprised if my comments on Thaivisa made a difference. Your making too much out of foreign support because it basically does nothing. We have no influence its the Thais who choose the crooks remove crooks and choose new crooks.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

In short your comparison is invalid. You write that foreigners should be surprised.. yea I would be really suprised if my moaning and commenting actually changed something opposed to Thais who can vote and protest to change a goverment. Shown by the voting in of the shins and the removal of them all done by Thais. Foreigners never had a hand in it.

So yes I would be really surprised if my comments on Thaivisa made a difference. Your making too much out of foreign support because it basically does nothing. We have no influence its the Thais who choose the crooks remove crooks and choose new crooks.

Nice post, except that It's not what I meant, as I explained briefly in my post.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, candide said:

My mistake! I thought you initially believed the Junta would suppress corruption, and would not be even more corrupt than the previous elected corrupt bunch.

How do you know they are even more corrupt?

The often quoted sample about the watches is obviously bad. But it's peanuts compared to i.e. the rice scam.

For clarification: I know they are all corrupt. But personally I think the corruption was more obvious with previous governments. That doesn't mean there was more corruption compared to now. It was just, IMHO, more obvious. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks for your nice suggestion. I will take a couple of deep breath and all that.

And in the meantime: Never forget! All that because Thaksin wanted "his" money back.

T3x2QXQpQkeSos1ZQ20d7mf07qrSkSBMhWpf_Mcy

fair enough  555

55 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

you promised to take 3 steps back and 3  deep breaths.... did you forgot?  the following exercise may be more helpful:   555

• Inhale slowly through the nose for about 5 seconds.
  • Hold this for a few seconds.
  • Slowly exhale through pursed lips for 6-8 seconds.

I think I prefer a drink. ???? 

6 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I support his right to be elected by the people of Thailand and oppose the autocrats who wanted him removed by force. 

To Thaksin;

It seems the "invisible forces" are preparing for your return and I can only say welcome back! 

When you were the legally elected PM (twice elected in landslides) I cursed you and your corrupt administration loudly and frequently. However, you did implement some good policies, the constitution was the most democratic Thailand has ever had, the freedom of the press was greater that it's ever been and the poor were given a voice they'd never had before. Do I think you're a great choice for PM? Absolutely not. Do I prefer you to the current bunch of dinos? 100 %!

The best constitution Thailand ever had was the 1997 version before Thaksin came to power. Real checks and balances were undermined by Thaksin with his enormous wealth, buying up the whole of the NAP MPs, over 80 if I remember right.

He understood monopolies, he had one in the Telecom sector at first and replicated that in politics.

He was no friend of democracy, domination was his game, which is a tragedy because he had an opportunity after his first election win to bring in good people to government, he proclaimed he had no need to be corrupt he was rich enough already, but he was the instigator of policy corruption.

No old dated brown envelopes style, simply change the laws to benefit his and his friends' companies.

Thaksin belongs in the past but I can envisage him striking a deal with the elite, ' Look, I can bring millions of votes to your side, let me come back, offer some populist policies, I won't challenge you, we3 can work together'.

• Like 2