COVID-19: Thailand reports 19,851 coronavirus cases

webfact

Human Trials Sought for Local Inhaled COVID Vaccines

BANGKOK, Aug 20 (TNA) – A researchers’ team of the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC) has sought approval from the Food and Drug Administration to test its new inhaled COVID-19 vaccines on humans.

The team said that it had tested the vaccines of adenovirus and influenza virus types on mice by spraying them into their noses and they proved to effectively prevent illness and disease transmission.

The vaccine development project received financial support from the government through the National Vaccine Institute.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-762412

• Like 1

As I predicted last week, Thailand would enter the "1 Million Cases Club" on August 20th. Congratulations to you Mr. Prayut on a job well done, you should be very proud!!!

I assume that your next claim to fame is to reach 1 million cases since April 1st will be tomorrow August 21st?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

As I predicted last week, Thailand would enter the "1 Million Cases Club" on August 20th. Congratulations to you Mr. Prayut on a job well done, you should be very proud!!!

I assume that your next claim to fame is to reach 1 million cases since April 1st will be tomorrow August 21st?

Your very "predictable"! 

• Haha 2

Today there were 240 deaths in #Thailand

129 males & 111 females

5 Burmese and 1 Chinese died

Median age is 68 (7 months-93 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (75)

68% of those who died were 60+

2 year old and a 7 month old child died

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428592702828908544

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

From the total number of confirmed cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 16,125 were found via walk-in tests at medical facilities

- 3,716 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 10 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1428592095019757578

• Thanks 1

Anutin promises all expats will get jabbed soon

Over 300,000 expats living in Bangkok have received at least one Covid-19 shot, Public Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said on Thursday. #expats #vaccination #infocus #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40004999

• Like 1

Deaths & vaccination history from 25 July - 19 August:

Not vaccinated - 63.8%

AZ one jab - 7% (more than 2 weeks before ill) and 2.6% (more than 4 weeks before ill)

2 jabs - 0.6% (more than 2 weeks before ill)

Incomplete information - 19.2%

Graph is age groups

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428596075296743432

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

I will be taking a break from posting, as my family in the States has just had a covid death

sorry my friend, in my thoughts  :402:

RIP

I lost my mother and several months later her brother, had to watch both funerals via video link as it was impossible to go home - very traumatic  

If thinking population in Phuket can say there was really many covid case yesterday! Actualy have been long time. Under 500k people estimated live there, many bigger province has much less case/day.

Edited by 2 is 1

11 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Includes 3rd booster doses:

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 66: 570,865

DAY 67: 219,840 <— holiday

DAY 68: 683,832

DAY 69: 284,378 <— Saturday

DAY 70: 162,511 <— Sunday

DAY 71: 508,498

DAY 72: 518,118

DAY 73: 548,311

DAY 74: 651,606

TOTAL: 21,718,145 doses

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428606762626600962

Looks like we have this problem some while ago with NBT giving confusing numbers.  The actual doses given yesterday were 651,606.

Edited by anchadian

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

anyone that thinks this ### did this because he cares about farang needs their head looking into

I 100% believe it was a condition of getting vaccine donations from the US and UK, I can remember a sudden change of focus on farangs and vaccine around the same time as several donations were announced in the press - sory but that was no coincidence 

some accused me of talking ### at the time stressing that diplomats had stated in public there were no such conditions, they may have said that in public.

I just got my first Pfizer jab today with another one in 4 weeks - thanks UK and US for making this possible.  

At last you got it!

AZ for me tomorrow.

34 minutes ago, rabas said:

Only if you count from the beginning.

Q. Would you enter a blazing theatre because it had fewer fires in the past? 

The truth is that yesterday Thailand was 10th in total deaths per day, and all but one country above it have higher populations. Not good by any measure. Sorted by total new deaths recorded yesterday.

image.png.9773c4f193f93041ede63e46c756ac06.png

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#main_table

Yes, but deaths will be counted in total, not some made up time scale from a poster on Thai visa.

Ridiculous argument.

Edited by sungod
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Good. Maybe next time you can use weekly trends Thailand number 8 or deaths numbers from yesterday Thailand number 11 or how about serious critical where Thailand is number 6. Focus on the delta outbreak and numbers do not look so good. This is what is happening now.

So the people who died before Delta dont register with you?

I'll count deaths in total, and as pointed out to another poster not some made up time scale by a poster on here.

Shame, your other arguments seems very intelligent.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Rapid tests are not included in the official total of infections only if they are followed up by a PCR test.

So a few days ago there  were a lot of rapid tests positive and they are not seen back in cases yet.... 

7 minutes ago, sungod said:

So the people who died before Delta dont register with you?

I'll count deaths in total, and as pointed out to another poster not some made up time scale by a poster on here.

Shame, your other arguments seems very intelligent.

Death always count but it depends how you look at it, this is the official dashboard with deaths from 1st April. It gives a perspective on the current wave rather than last year. From that we can see the difference in mortality rates with the original strain and alpha/delta strains.

data 20 aug 6.png

• Thanks 2