Thailand reports 20,571 new COVID-19 cases and 23,159 recoveries

webfact

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Police officers seen dining in restaurant despite Covid-19 rules

A picture and story have gone viral on Thai social media where people complained about the inequality in who has to follow rules and who doesn’t. The uproar was caused by 2 police officers who were spotted dining in a local restaurant in Bangkok despite continued Covid-19 restrictions prohibiting dine-in service.

Police-officers-were-seen-dining-in-a-Bangkok-restaurant-in-violation-of-Covid-19-rules-via-Sanook.jpg

https://thethaiger.com/news/bangkok/police-officers-seen-dining-in-restaurant-despite-covid-19-rules

The owner forced them to sit and eat at noodle point.

You can't make this stuff up.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I smell a RAT in the numbers (Rapid Antigen Tests) - 7000 positive is a lot.

Once they start using the "guaranteed to give a negative result" kit from China then the numbers RAT will become more pungent

No. These kits rarely give a false negative test if used in the correct way. False positives are also rare. The problem will be non-medical personnel using them - not swabbing deeply enough in the right location. 7000 positives is a lot, If those numbers are added to the 20K today, the total number shows there is still a linear increase in cases. I expect that trend to continue for some time. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

So the actual number is 27,665. Something I find interesting is that the number of infections are up a bit from yesterday and so are the testing numbers. Who would have thought hey! Test more find more.

What is weird and worrying, PCR test's number's are not much higher even positives from rapid test's are growing. They need to confirm ATK test's result in PCR test still they dont carry out PCR tests much more than before.

Edited by 2 is 1

3 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

There is zero reason to believe that actual recoveries are exceeding new infections at this point.  What we have instead is a swamped hospital system releasing still-somewhat-sick (and possibly still-infectious) people back into the community.

And we have vast undercounting of new cases.

All  good  then!!????

8 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

What is weird and worrying, PCR test's number's are not much higher even positives from rapid test's are growing. They need to confirm ATK test's result in PCR test still they dont carry out PCR tests much more than before.

Yes. I can see PCR testing coming right down and eventually positive antigen tests being higher than daily PCR positives.  

2 hours ago, The Cipher said:

Are you and your wife both only Lao citizens? If you're a citizen of a Western country, you should check the vaccine eligibility policy for your country. In Canada and the US at least, the vaccines are plentiful and anyone is eligible regardless of nationality or legal status.

Mandatory quarantines are a pain if your destination country requires one, but if you can stay at <destination> for 3-4 months, you might be able to ride it out long enough that Thailand changes their entry requirements. And anyway, there's quality of life to consider as well. I flew back to Vancouver last week and am enjoying the quality of life improvement since there are significantly fewer restrictions here now - don't even have to wear a mask anymore! ????. And Thailand will get there too, but it might be a few months yet. Just something to consider.

As I said, I have already been vaccinated in Thailand.  My wife is a citizen of Laos.

• Like 1

An interesting article on the front page of today's Bangkok Post suggesting that Covid infections "may have peaked".

The source of the story is an assistant spokeswoman for the CCSA. 

Fewer than 10,000 cases per day are forecast for early September and 2000+ per day from the end of September.

The data for these predictions is based on the Delta variant outbreak pattern in India.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

As I said, I have already been vaccinated in Thailand.  My wife is a citizen of Laos.

Right. I'm just letting you know that if you are in a rush to have your wife vaccinated, she might be able to do so hassle-free in your home country even if she is not a citizen of that country. Just something to consider as you weigh your options. Plus the lifestyle advantages too.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Out of 20,322 local cases (not in prisons)

Bangkok - 4,342

Samut Prakan - 1,584

Samut Sakhon - 1,449

Chonburi - 1,235

Nakhon Ratchasima - 613

Nakhon Pathom - 589

Chachoengsao - 587

Ratchaburi - 541

Buriram 450

Kanchanaburi 436

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1428957107940839425

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

Right. I'm just letting you know that if you are in a rush to have your wife vaccinated, she might be able to do so hassle-free in your home country even if she is not a citizen of that country. Just something to consider as you weigh your options. Plus the lifestyle advantages too.

Thanks, but not practical as our life is here. I am assuming that it will become possible for expats in their 30s to get vaccinated in Thailand (Bangkok for my wife) soon. Has anyone managed it (not through an employer)?

13 minutes ago, champers said:

An interesting article on the front page of today's Bangkok Post suggesting that Covid infections "may have peaked".

The source of the story is an assistant spokeswoman for the CCSA. 

Fewer than 10,000 cases per day are forecast for early September and 2000+ per day from the end of September.

The data for these predictions is based on the Delta variant outbreak pattern in India.

So hopefully there will be some relaxation of the restrictions next month.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 261 deaths in #Thailand

Thailand hasn't had less than 239 daily deaths for the past five days. And in those same most recent five days, two of the five have been record high daily deaths above 300 -- 312 on Aug. 18 and 301 on Aug. 19.

Aug 17 -- 239

Aug. 18 -- 312

Aug. 19 -- 301

Aug. 20 -- 240

Aug. 21 -- 261

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Fact: Released or what is being called recovered almost doubled in less than a week from just over 11k to over 20k. Fact: Shortly after released out numbered admissions. Fact: Before this released were around 50% of admissions. Fact: No explanation has been given for this >100% increase in 'recovered' in less than a week. 

Fact is you don,t know why! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Cipher said:

The issue is returning there and then returning here across the borders which are closed.  BB like myself has a significant other that is from one of the ASEAN countries, mine from Myanmar, and right now you just can not get there from here with an easy return.  Add in the fact that Myanmars vaccination rates are very low.  With my GF being a Karen National, she is pretty much persona non-grata in the capitol due to the Coup and issues associated.

I am still trying to register the GF here in BKK.  Was told they do not have a way to vaccinate her at MedPark hospital just a few minutes ago.  Been calling everyday.  I even mentioned that she has a WP and such as well as her own insurance through PCH, but nope she can not as she is not Thai, employed by a large employer who is registered with the BOI, or a factory worker.  Oh but if she was 12 weeks pregnant of course, or if she had one of the 7 underlying health conditions or over 60 she could.  Just ridiculous.

Thanks to all for the condolences, wish I could get back for the funeral but they are cremating my Brother in-laws brother on Monday.  They will have a memorial with family maybe when everyone can get there from where they are in the world.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Fatalities. I saw on the site we can not quote from that in a 25 day period from July 25 there were 4,656 fatalities. 63.8% had not been vaccinated. This means that 36.2% were vaccinated. There is no breakdown of single or double jabbed and jabbed with what or how long after inoculation they succumed to the disease. This would be very interesting to know.

What i have read is that after 10 days or more your vaccine starts to work. But only after a second shot and a wait time are you fully protected. So basically they should treat people who have had only 1 shot and less then 10 days before getting the virus as unvaccinated. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The issue is returning there and then returning here across the borders which are closed.  BB like myself has a significant other that is from one of the ASEAN countries, mine from Myanmar, and right now you just can not get there from here with an easy return.  Add in the fact that Myanmars vaccination rates are very low.  With my GF being a Karen National, she is pretty much persona non-grata in the capitol due to the Coup and issues associated.

I am still trying to register the GF here in BKK.  Was told they do not have a way to vaccinate her at MedPark hospital just a few minutes ago.  Been calling everyday.  I even mentioned that she has a WP and such as well as her own insurance through PCH, but nope she can not as she is not Thai, employed by a large employer who is registered with the BOI, or a factory worker.  Oh but if she was 12 weeks pregnant of course, or if she had one of the 7 underlying health conditions or over 60 she could.  Just ridiculous.

Thanks to all for the condolences, wish I could get back for the funeral but they are cremating my Brother in-laws brother on Monday.  They will have a memorial with family maybe when everyone can get there from where they are in the world.

Under 60 and then from Myrammar then chances are even lower then a farang of under 60. Its really hard unless you get lucky or have some connections. Sad state actually. But it wont change as there are still not enough vaccines.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I would like to hope that the recent slowdown and slight downturn are a sign that we are indeed reaching the peak, where after things will improve.

With the games going on how things are being reported and true test numbers I am not at all convinced that this is the case though.

My suspicion is that it is in fact growing steadily, in step with a government desperately coming up with ways to artificially keep the true numbers low.

Them counting the rapid test separately is a good sign of that happening.

• Like 1

The TOPHOTELPROJECTS construction database reveals that Thailand’s hotel pipeline is looking promising, with established travel destinations set to see the most rapid growth.

In the next few years, 126 hotels with 31,053 keys are due to open across Thailand, our research team reports. We take a closer look at these upcoming launches.

Thailand’s hotel openings by date

Despite the ongoing Covid-related travel restrictions facing many international tourists, Thailand’s hotel sector seems to have high hopes for the future. In the second half of 2021 alone, 32 properties with 2,400 rooms are scheduled to go live across the country.

https://tophotel.news/country-overview-thailand-to-gain-31000-new-hotel-rooms-infographic/

Edited by anchadian
  • Thanks 1