Just Dropped In: I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in….in fact.

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No idea what the flux any of that was all about.

Literally, flux means this:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux

Figuratively or Poetically, the idea of flux can mean whatever the author intends it to mean.

At least, this is my interpretation of the word "flux".

Take care.

Stay well.

Listen to the music you love most, and the music which will be most likely to keep your spirits up.

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What ever it is you’ve taken... I want some ! :stoner:

OK...let me tell you...

I have taken NOTHING other than a Huge Dose of ASEAN Now.

Let me put this more plainly.

There are many here who are...

Super Nice

Super Kind

Super Helpful

Super Spicy

Super Humorous

Although not so super sexy as before, maybe.

And, people here are just superior in every way.

So, I am HIGH on ASEAN Now.

Just as I once was HIGH on ASEAN of Yesterday.

There is no denying the fact that, during our heyday, things were better than the social media pablum we are subjected to, these days.

More directly, in reply to your question, I do not take illicit drugs.  Also, I rarely take drugs of any kind prescribed by a doctor, other than antibiotics, and not for the clap.

Even ibuprofen I do not take.  I am tough, and I am able to endure minor pain, and, as well, I do not wish to hurt my liver using drugs such as this.

In my opinion, the old guys who helped to make this forum what it has eventually now become will soon be dying off, like deer flies at the end of the summer.

I hate to mention this sore point, but it is nevertheless the honest truth.

Sometimes, I become so maudlin just from the contemplation of our demise that it is difficult to rise in the morning.

Still, despite my age, like you, I trust, you are able to rise in the morning when given due cause.

Best to everyone!

24 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

OK...let me tell you...

I have taken NOTHING other than a Huge Dose of ASEAN Now.

Let me put this more plainly.

There are many here who are...

Super Nice

Super Kind

Super Helpful

Super Spicy

Super Humorous

Although not so super sexy as before, maybe.

And, people here are just superior in every way.

So, I am HIGH on ASEAN Now.

Just as I once was HIGH on ASEAN of Yesterday.

There is no denying the fact that, during our heyday, things were better than the social media pablum we are subjected to, these days.

More directly, in reply to your question, I do not take illicit drugs.  Also, I rarely take drugs of any kind prescribed by a doctor, other than antibiotics, and not for the clap.

Even ibuprofen I do not take.  I am tough, and I am able to endure minor pain, and, as well, I do not wish to hurt my liver using drugs such as this.

In my opinion, the old guys who helped to make this forum what it has eventually now become will soon be dying off, like deer flies at the end of the summer.

I hate to mention this sore point, but it is nevertheless the honest truth.

Sometimes, I become so maudlin just from the contemplation of our demise that it is difficult to rise in the morning.

Still, despite my age, like you, I trust, you are able to rise in the morning when given due cause.

Best to everyone!

Even stranger...

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, HeijoshinCool said:

Flux:

4 a substance mixed with a solid to lower its melting point....

The OP has certainly reached that point.

There are many meanings to the simple four-letter word FLUX

You are thinking of soldering.

I am thinking of magnetic flux.

And, there are even more meanings, such as the fact that flux denotes CHANGE.

As intended above, I used the word FLUX as meaning "change".

Of course, if you want to pursue the meaning of FLUX even further, then you can think of the Moon.

Or, you can think of Menstrual Flux, even.

But, in this post, I had not intended to discuss topics as delicate as this.

I have some similar feelings about the last 18 months. 

The fact that I have been able to get out of bed at 7am and start work at 7:01 am and not have all the office bureaucracy and politics and small talk to deal with has been a godsend. No transport too. At 3:00 turn off computer. Done. 

I have been separated from my Thai girlfriend for that time but, truth be told, I haven't minded that as much as I thought I might. Being with her is fantastic except when it's not.

I live in an area near forest so I can get exercise and fresh air during lockdowns. Feel bad for those in apartments. Still can talk to friends and see them if lockdown allows. But sometimes not being able to go to social events e.g. 21 st birthday parties of kids of friends, boring dinner parties and some family stuff isn't so bad too. 

If you ask me what happened in 2016 I couldn't tell you but 2020 will remain memorable, and now 2021, a time for solitude that turned out to be better than I thought. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Is that "our" in the royal sense, like "we" or do you refer to "our" as referring to those you address?

To be sure, sometimes death is not something to fear, but a friend assisting us to the other side.

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Is that "our" in the royal sense, like "we" or do you refer to "our" as referring to those you address?

To be sure, sometimes death is not something to fear, but a friend assisting us to the other side.

Definitely NOT in the sense you mentioned.

Also, concerning your second question:  I neither advocate for it nor oppose it. Assistance, as you say, should be freely given to those who most need it. AND, those who need it...REALLY DO NEED this kind of help.

This is a different topic, one which I care much about, but not the topic at hand.

I agree with what I think you are suggesting.

Very important topic, and one which I think will never be discussed in this forum.

19 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

when nothing is better that should tell you something

It's just nice to have total freedom to do your thing for a time. Still do things but up to yourself. 

When I travelled too, I used to do adventurous stuff, but my girlfriend and I, for much of the second half of the 2010's, had been happy to go to Koh Chang and spent two or three weeks, two times a year,  just taking it easy.  That's why I think my transition to retirement won't be too hard. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Very important topic, and one which I think will never be discussed in this forum.

If that's about euthanasia IMO it shouldn't be discussed on this forum.

I've changed my post as I thought you were discussing a normal death, which has been discussed on the God thread.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I wasn't. I was referring to death that came naturally, and for some as a relief.

I have my opinions as to euthanasia, but it's a topic I'm reluctant to discuss on here.

Not the happiest of topics but if people want to discuss it, as long as it doesnt go in a "how to" direction, why not. I am sure it crosses alot of people's minds as they age.

Especially if life has thrown them a few curved balls and some dont heal and overcome some events as others seem to do.

• Like 1

I tip my hat to Gamma, nothing soothes the soul like your favorite music. After reading the news and all the negative comments, I relax in the afternoon with a cold beer and listen to my favorite tunes from the 60s and 70s, cause good music stopped being made in the 80s. Relax and let your mind drift back to better days and the hope that tomorrow will bring better days. 

• Like 2