Thailand could be first in ASEAN to produce vaccines

webfact

No thank you! This current lot could not organise the proverbial <deleted>-up in a brewery let alone do what the hot air this article is referring to. It’s simply deflection of the current spotlight on their incompetence in securing vaccines for their roll out. They are wonderful at: “We are going to…” but as usual nack all ever happens.

Edited by Dukeleto

4 hours ago, internationalism said:

why a spokesman for the foreign ministry is talking about locally made vax?

that it's not his expertise at all. Himself he is an IT guy.

Are they cooperate with some foreign academics on development?

are they buying a licence?

are they copying without authorisation?

what is an exact role of diplomats in those processes? espionage?

is it because dr Anutin is holed up at his rancho playing with some pinched donated pfizer and somebody else has to bring any good news in those desperate times?

But maybe he's good at grandstanding?

But of course that's not the focus needed right now.

It’s very good of them trying but many others have also tried . I believe there was a German company which released one but in the end it was found to provide only 40% protector efficiency..

I do not know why in this late stage Thailand is wasting money when this money could go to a better use.

even setting up second AZ production plant is a better option than wasting money on developing something which may not even work 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They where begging a poor country like BHUTAN to borrow some of their vaccines and now they know how to turn around a shameless story like that 

Last week, the government of Bhutan offered 150,000 doses to Thailand under an agreement that will see Thailand return the same amount of vaccine to Bhutan in the future, as outlined in a memorandum of understanding.

Last week they begged and now suddenly Bhutan offered . Some kind of safe face twist again . 

The vaccine research and development is a time-consuming and costly process business that can take up to a decade to complete with no guaranteed results, unlike a RedBull energy drink bussiness. It needs to be properly designed to assess safety before approving for widespread use. Most researchers have been worried that this vaccine could cause inflated disease when the vaccine is recieved and the patient is exposed to the virus.
Good luck, and let's see how it would all play out.

It's probably worth exploring in a measured and practical manner, if nothing else it will enable the local guys to develop some additional skills in this field.

However, it is a long shot to get anything by this time next year, or even anything that is workable at all. It's a long road to complete trials, necessary approvals and get production up and running, and that's assuming your vaccine even has sufficient efficacy.

I am also assuming that once the existing global vaccination production ramps up that we will be blessed with a more steady supply of already established vaccines in 2022. Going to be hard to persuade people to change their preferences for AZ/Pfizer/Moderna and start using Chula vaccines....

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Up until about 2013 Thailand made high quality hard drives for other brand names, they also sold a lot of rice worldwide - then came some changes.

You’re confusing a manufacturing plant of another’s invention,just like they are (supposed to be )AZ.Thailand have developed NO significant new technology themselves … EVER .

• Like 2

Getting really irritating to find cigna adverts at the end of every health piece-Big Pharma and Insurers making money from a pandemic! Almost as if fully coordinating with the Wuflu Institute and CCP?

That said I hope they succeed!!

Edited by chilly07
  • Like 2

LIke the great victories and news of popular uprisings in the South that announced in the Hanoi newspapers during the Tet Offensive, while thousands of North Vietnamese young men were actually being slaughtered like cattle in a foot and mouth epidemic and there were zero uprisings in the South.  The readers wondered why they never heard anything more of their sons who had been sent South. 

It is typical dictatorial propaganda trying to create a distraction from current catastrophes with fake news about victories. 

6 hours ago, inThailand said:

Thailand could be first in ASEAN to produce vaccines... 

That no one will want. 

It will probably be a copy of  a Chinese bat juice vac, just as the vast majority of Thai inventions are copies of some else's work. 

53 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

From last friday 20.Aug.

The second human trial is expected this month, with manufacturing expected in October 2022

From today 23.Aug.

The research team is hoping that by the end of this year or early next year, the country will be able to start producing its own doses of an effective vaccine.

What happened in the last 3 days that shortened the start of production by 10 months for the Chula vaccine?

Or is one of the reports fake news?

My advice is to read these announcements, if that's your desire- but once read just ignore what was said and wait with bated breath for the next exciting announcement - don't ever try to analyse the content. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Last week, the government of Bhutan offered 150,000 doses to Thailand under an agreement that will see Thailand return the same amount of vaccine to Bhutan in the future, as outlined in a memorandum of understanding.

If Thailand asks Bhutan for something, and Bhutan says "OK", is that Bhutan offering them something?

38 minutes ago, Artisi said:

My advice is to read these announcements, if that's your desire- but once read just ignore what was said and wait with bated breath for the next exciting announcement - don't ever try to analyse the content. 

I'm trying to do that too. Simply ignore. But their contradictions are so obvious that you don't have to analyze anything. I perceive some news messages as an insult to my analytical thinking and wonder how stupid some of this people think the recipients are, who just trumpet their incorrect or contradicting

news/informations out.

Edited by tomacht8

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I have every faith they WILL produce a vaccine, but it will likely be when the high need for the vaccine has gone and vaccines from other countries even more cheap.

They also announced vaccines for SARS and Ebola that were never used.  SARS petered out and better Ebola vaccines were produced sooner.