England adds Thailand and Montenegro to travel red list

webfact

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Not to mention the land it was on was a gift to Britain from the Thais.

For that alone it should have never been sold. Very, very poor etiquette.

Proceeds to house more young, male, illegal immigrants in nice hotels that are arriving in dinghies across the Channel no doubt. 

The Marxist left that has infected the UK now will utterly destroy the country, what little fabric remains is starting to unravel.

Selling that land lowers the country's status and foreign mission abilities within the region.

A scandalous decision but reflective of the decline of the UK at home and abroad.

What 'marxist left' is left in the UK succumbed to the 'fascist right' long ago! The Arch Tory Party lied it's way out of Europe into an 80 seat majority and runs the country like it's personal fiefdom so why would you expect anything from a UK 'Embassy'

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

If EU member countries start adding Thailand to a block list it's going to get very difficult to get home.

They did Thailand already on the red list ...., weeks ago ...

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I noted that in the announcement. I wonder how it impacts the spouses or civil partners of British Nationals.

Only if they have Resident Rights at the moment, so spouses and partners living in Thailand intending to visit wouldn’t be allowed to enter, I’m not sure those traveling to settle would be allowed, but I suspect not.

• Like 2

Regarding the comments that the Phuket sandbox is now doomed - last I saw, the British were 5th on the list in terms of arrivals,  so this will have very little impact. Only if other countries follow suit with similar restrictions on returning citizens will that model be potentially impacted.

Correct me if I'm wrong - If you are fully vaccinated, you can travel to Thailand and spend 10 days in an AMBER country on the way back - does not have to be Green - and you don't ned to self-isolate. The rules changed recently. That gives you a lot more flexibility.  

Edited by Tuvoc
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, boogiewoogie said:

So what did u mates jab this whole time?

Isnt there like 50mil plus vaccinated on an Island? Shouldnt u be protected already?

Obviously don’t read the news. Last week it was revealed by the UK government that even those who have both vaccinations can still catch the variants and pass it on so a booster will be given starting from next month. No one will ever be fully protected as it continues to evolve and change and require an annual shot just like the Flu jab. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul545 said:

Obviously don’t read the news. Last week it was revealed by the UK government that even those who have both vaccinations can still catch the variants and pass it on so a booster will be given starting from next month. No one will ever be fully protected as it continues to evolve and change and require an annual shot just like the Flu jab. 

Which is why at some stage, we (UK) have to say "Most of us are vaccinated, let's open up and live with Covid" As ever, let those among us who are vulnerable / worried avoid people or isolate in some form. Most Brits though want to take the chance...IMO. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

<Snip>

Correct me if I'm wrong - If you are fully vaccinated, you can travel to Thailand and spend 10 days in an AMBER country on the way back - does not have to be Green - and you don't ned to self-isolate. The rules changed recently. That gives you a lot more flexibility.  

That would work...today.

What if the currently amber country then imposes restrictions on arrivals from Thailand?

As you rightly say "The rules changed recently" and, IMO, are likely to change again with little notice.

I agree that if your journey is essential, that might be a plan, but it wouldn't make for a very relaxing holiday.

Edited by VBF

36 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

All the schools go back within the next couple of weeks let's see what happens then!

Scotland is currently  showing higher case numbers than say England and rising... schools went back there already.....

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Scotland is currently  showing higher case numbers than say England and rising... schools went back there already.....

Case numbers (so-called) aren't that important where people are vaccinated - "cases" should be called "infected people" where they are asymptomatic.   

IE if everyone an infected person comes into contact with is vaccinated, none actually get sick. IMO that is where all of UK is heading...I'm pleased to say

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Regarding the comments that the Phuket sandbox is now doomed - last I saw, the British were 5th on the list in terms of arrivals,  so this will have very little impact. Only if other countries follow suit with similar restrictions on returning citizens will that model be potentially impacted.

But if you travel from Thailand, and get "washed out" in a green or amber country, but you received your vaccination in Thailand, you still need to self-isolate for 10 days. Only vaccinations made in UK, EU and USA are exempt from the self-isolation requirement.

Edited by samtam

Just now, samtam said:

But if you travel from Thailand, and you received your vaccination in Thailand, you still need to self-isolate for 10 days. Only vaccinations made in UK, EU and USA are exempt from the self-isolation requirement.

What if you got Pfizer?

2 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

So the virus numbers in Australia are exploding, but Australia is not on the red list?

Can anyone explain this mystery?

It is mainly Sydney and Melbourne at the moment.....as a whole country, numbers are low.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

What if you got Pfizer?

It's not which brand, it's where you were inoculated. If in Thailand, vaccinations of whatever brand are not yet approved by the UK agency. Only those from UK, EU & USA.

1 minute ago, samtam said:

It's not which brand, it's where you were inoculated. If in Thailand, vaccinations of whatever brand are not yet approved by the UK agency. Only those from UK, EU & USA.

So in your post, 'performed' not 'made'.

28 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

Correct me if I'm wrong - If you are fully vaccinated, you can travel to Thailand and spend 10 days in an AMBER country on the way back - does not have to be Green - and you don't ned to self-isolate.

Not quite. Rules pasted below.  10 days in amber country means you can quarantine at home rather than hotel, but it coild still be 8 days unless you opt for the (rather expensive) test to release on day 5. So potentially 18 days before you are released into the UK plus of course 15 days stuck in a hotel on return here.

Note also that vaccinations delivered in Thailand are NOT recognised in the UK, so even if vaccinated here the rules for unvaccinated will apply 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

7 hours ago, Taco said:

TAT should be blaming this on the Burmese shortly. 

Or TAT could send all people with Covid 19 to Kao Tao and then they could die of something else of just disappear 

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It is mainly Sydney and Melbourne at the moment.....as a whole country, numbers are low.

In proportion to population cases in Australia are similar to Thailand, though somewhat less, but yes in absolute terms much smaller numbers simply because Australia has a very small population. Benefits of being a small country I suppose. The UK must have some threshold of cases above which a country goes on the red list, but it's an absolute number rather than proportionate to population.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So in your post, 'performed' not 'made'.

Actually, I subsequently realise I used different words, but obviously in the case of Pfizer, it's the administration of the inoculation in Thailand, but in the case of AZ, it could be both. However, I don't know whether British Embassy staff, for example, who may have been inoculated with AZ made in UK, but had them inoculated in Thailand, would be subject to the 10 day isolation. I'm sure there is a work around for them, as in, inoculated at the Embassy, (British soil?), or treated differently through diplomatic immunity.

40 minutes ago, Tuvoc said:

The monthly list for August has not been compiled yet but for the Month of July it was:

1.United States: 1,898 Arrivals

2.Thai Nationals: 1,853 Arrivals

3.The United Kingdom (UK): 1,654 Arrivals

4.Israel 1,580 Arrivals

5.German 889 Arrivals

6.France 888 Arrivals

7.UAE 606 Arrivals

8.Swiss 326 Arrivals,

9.Dutch 255 Arrivals

10.Australians 244 Arrivals

Total numbers arriving into the sandbox of all nationalities are also dwindling fast, yesterday on three flights only 156 arrivals. So yes I think this will have a huge impact.

10 minutes ago, samtam said:

Actually, I subsequently realise I used different words, but obviously in the case of Pfizer, it's the administration of the inoculation in Thailand, but in the case of AZ, it could be both. However, I don't know whether British Embassy staff, for example, who may have been inoculated with AZ made in UK, but had them inoculated in Thailand, would be subject to the 10 day isolation. I'm sure there is a work around for them, as in, inoculated at the Embassy, (British soil?), or treated differently through diplomatic immunity.

in the batch numbers can be seen where the vaccine is produced , hence so they checked the different AZ. production origins  , by my humble knowledge there is no Pfizer production plant in Thailand , more.... , there is only the official gift from Pfizer by USA in Thailand at the moment 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zikomat said:

What about 600.000 British millionaires who were expected to flood Thailand in the second half of 2021? Oh, those actually were TAT’s sick fantasies and nothing else.

Don’t worry. You can be sure there will be an announcement next week of millions of other tourists coming soon. All spending billions of THB daily. For sure TAT will come up with something.

2 hours ago, Whale said:

I looked it up, you are right BUT the first patch of land which was the road frontage and the shopping centre was sold a long time before the back of the site. It was converted to a fair ground first then the shopping centre was built. That was well before 2018.

It was indeed, first sale was in 2006 and pretty sure that the further option to purchase all was in that sale agreement.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, david555 said:

in the batch numbers can be seen where the vaccine is produced , hence so they checked the different AZ. production origins  , by my humble knowledge there is no Pfizer production plant in Thailand , more.... , there is only the official gift from Pfizer by USA in Thailand at the moment 

Yes, that's why I was saying "obviously in the case of Pfizer" where it was administered, because no Pfizer made in Thailand.

31 minutes ago, Thaiophil said:

Not quite. Rules pasted below.  10 days in amber country means you can quarantine at home rather than hotel, but it coild still be 8 days unless you opt for the (rather expensive) test to release on day 5. So potentially 18 days before you are released into the UK plus of course 15 days stuck in a hotel on return here.

Note also that vaccinations delivered in Thailand are NOT recognised in the UK, so even if vaccinated here the rules for unvaccinated will apply 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

It is as I said. If you were fully vaccinated in the UK, you can travel to Thailand, spend 10 days in an Amber country an the way back, with no need to self-isolate on your return.