"Ferrari Jo's" 48M baht Lambo was at center of import tax avoidance case, says DSI

webfact

4 hours ago, Whale said:

Another Red Bull/black cat poacher case that will go on for so many years some of us will die before it gets resolved.

And no doubt another committee on police reform that will never end or make no meaningful reform recommendations.

Follow the cash to the inevitable multiple road blocks.  Thailand.

As an aside, what's the current black cat poacher status, other than lost in the fog.... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Sure. Just go talk to Thitisan. He can arrange it. He has a friend whose friend's friend's friend's nephew's acquaintance would be delighted to help you out.

Not a dead friend? 

5 hours ago, 2long said:

Maybe that this will become so big that the crimes will become diluted and the news saturated and all of a sudden something else comes along (such as reopening the country or pubs) and the public focus their attention elsewhere.

I know it's not on the same scale but that Sorayuth fella is back on tv now, isn't he? That's just one example.

It is 16:12, today, 2 as I read this and lo and behold - up on my screen flashes a message - "Thailand eases COVID-19 restrictions"

Wow! What a mind-reader.

You gotta laugh!

• Haha 1

The answer is given above. 

If a car of 48 million secures 31 million in taxes, the car is 17 million. 

Those 17 million include the manufacturing, the profit for them, the company selling it in Thailand, the special transport - the full nine yards.

Quite obviously those, who define 31 million taxes are those who, most likely, directly benefit of "bending" the rules. Nobody smuggles legal stuff into Europe, as their taxation is reasonable and makes sense - not quite so with almost ⅔rd of the value being taxes in Thailand for doing absolutely nothing to add to the car's value - go figure! 

Same with wines, imported food, medicine; simply everything ............ from outside Thailand! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

The real question that need to be asked is How did it to where it is now whereby everybody knew about this man unusual wealth and no one did nothing about it until now? surely the man didn't amassed all these possessions overnight right? so where were all those who were suppose to be the guardians i.e. his superiors,  that such things will not happen?...

Likely being well fed on the same teat. I think we all had suspicions about corruption but the amounts are way beyond "tea money" for the higher-ups. Makes you wonder about the drug seizures and the profit potential there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JonnyF said:

That's the problem they face with cases like this. Once they start to scratch the surface, the extent of the dirtbaggery from top to bottom becomes abundantly clear and many others are implicated. People start to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

That's the reason that they only act when absolutely forced to i.e. when CCTV footage of the actual killing makes it onto social media. They'd much rather sweep the whole thing under the carpet but alas, it's too late for that now.

Will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Personally I'm surprised they didn't let him escape the country, seize his assets and then pretend to chase him for 10 years like they did with Boss. 

How this all plays out ... we've had some clues from last night's bizarro press conference phone in.

1. He said himself he wasn't in it for the money, only to eradicate the scourge of drugs - so no corruption involved.

2. He said himself that he takes the blame - so no-one higher up involved.

3. Deputy commissioner of Region 6 tells conference that when suspect called him to arrange his surrender, "he said he wanted to kill himself but I told him to take responsibility" - so making clear that he may be suicidal.

This guy's just the bagman for some much more powerful people. He's only early 40s and although he's quite young to be a full colonel, he's not that senior yet.

There'll be some people who very much won't want him blabbing.

Cue 'suicide' driven by 'remorse' ... but then again, TIT and anything's possible!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

The real question that need to be asked is How did it to where it is now whereby everybody knew about this man unusual wealth and no one did nothing about it until now? surely the man didn't amassed all these possessions overnight right? so where were all those who were suppose to be the guardians i.e. his superiors,  that such things will not happen?...

I've been told that <deleted> flows UP hill here... If you get my drift. 

So, if this is what an average small fry copper can "accumulate", imagine what the head honchos have.

• Like 2

Not sure how many fly yellow Lamborghini Aventadors there are in Thailand, but I often saw one in front of a hotel on Soi 24 near Emporium on the weekends. Maybe it was Lambo Joe, alias Joe Ferrari.

As for when some supercars end up at auction, I think most folks know the scam: remove some critical and expensive parts, so that any other bidder would only go as high as Car minus the critical part cost. The scammer can thus pay slightly more, since he already has the 'missing' part.

Amazing multitasking ability that Joe could do a full time cop job plus hunt down 398 illegally imported cars

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Not sure how many fly yellow Lamborghini Aventadors there are in Thailand, but I often saw one in front of a hotel on Soi 24 near Emporium on the weekends. Maybe it was Lambo Joe, alias Joe Ferrari.

As for when some supercars end up at auction, I think most folks know the scam: remove some critical and expensive parts, so that any other bidder would only go as high as Car minus the critical part cost. The scammer can thus pay slightly more, since he already has the 'missing' part.

Amazing multitasking ability that Joe could do a full time cop job plus hunt down 398 illegally imported cars

They are imported by driven across the border from Malaysia, left to be collected and claimed to be abandoned, there used to be a 40% reward, I assume based on the auction price paid out and usually the "finder" was the top bidder, nice little earner as 40% of your bid price was returned, the cost of the car in Malaysia was then returned to the dealer - win win all round. 

As already pointed out, usually the computer operating system was removed, reducing the bid price. 

The whole 'wonderful' thing about Thailand, is that they manage to dress up everyday corruption, big or small, and sometimes the bigger the better,  as normal best practice. Its very, how can I put this, 'immature'  is a good word. 

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, jacko45k said:

Are there any more bargains out there to be had... I fancy an Aston please.

I  once  saw in a fancyshopping   mall  in Bangkok an  Aston Martin  fancy stand advertising their  cars..............unfortunately their translation said "Aston Matin", so I gave em a miss

18 hours ago, phil2407 said:

So 48 million for a car & 31 million in taxes! 79 million in total on a salary of 44k a month - the perks for that job must be amazing - where do I sign up?? ????????

There is some police scheme (legal) whereby a bounty is paid to the police person who impounds a supercar which was "imported" as parts to avoid luxury taxes. And it is significant, like 55%. I think this is just one way Joey assembled his fortune.

The extortion part is semi illegal here.

The murder part? Assume it wasn't the first suspect who died of a "drug overdose"?

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Amazing multitasking ability that Joe could do a full time cop job plus hunt down 398 illegally Joemported cars

Poppa Joe just smiles politely
With the money he takes he might be
Very rich one day as he hears them say
Poppa rumbo rumbo hey Poppa Joe coconut
Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Poppa rumbo rumbo hey Poppa Joe coconut
Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Poppa rumbo

rumbo hey Poppa Joe coconut
Hey Poppa Joe, hey Poppa Joe
Hey Pop, Poppa, Poppa Joe

On 8/27/2021 at 10:02 AM, ThailandRyan said:

It will be found that they were producing a training video and it was all staged even the death, arrests and all else is fake news. Chief Joe actually Ives in a shack and drives a 1988 Honda Click....

..and he has just finish paying the last monthly instament on the HC..THIS MONTH..

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

There is some police scheme (legal) whereby a bounty is paid to the police person who impounds a supercar which was "imported" as parts to avoid luxury taxes. And it is significant, like 55%. I think this is just one way Joey assembled his fortune.

The extortion part is semi illegal here.

The murder part? Assume it wasn't the first suspect who died of a "drug overdose"?

Not just parts. 

Believe this has now stopped.