Four members of drug money laundering family arrested in Kanchanaburi - 6 billion asset seizure target met

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The secretary of the Narcotics Control Board Wanchai Chaimongkhol told Daily News that his men in conjuction with Region 7 police, Kanchanaburi police and the Navy Special Warfare Command arrested four members of the same family on Ratchaburi warrants.

The warrants named the four as aiding and abetting in the drug trade. They are believed to have been involved in money laundering. 

They were named as the Sringernyuang family - Charlie, Wankhai, Rat and Wanchana. 

Following their arrest 30 million in assets was seized including 18 million baht in 10 kilo weight gold bars, a house and land, cash in bank accounts, 2 cars, and four motorcycles.

Other accounts are being investigated to check the flow of money.

Wanchai said this came after busts of 4,000 Ya Ba in Ratchaburi and 1,300 kilograms of ice (crystal meth) in Kanchanaburi last year.

Wanchai said this brought the total value of assets seized in the period October 2020 to 26th August 2021 to 6,940,659,550 baht smashing the target of 6 billion set for the year. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Like 1

"30 million in assets was seized including 18 million baht in 10 kilo weight gold bars".....................

Have these people never heard of Singapore Bank account--- or keeping a low profile.

Yes officer I haven't worked since 1985--- correct, I did just buy a penthouse on the beach, why you ask?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Following their arrest 30 million in assets was seized including 18 million baht in 10 kilo weight gold bars, a house and land, cash in bank accounts, 2 cars, and four motorcycles

Nah I better not say it... 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Following their arrest 30 million in assets was seized including 18 million baht in 10 kilo weight gold bars, a house and land, cash in bank accounts, 2 cars, and four motorcycles.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Wanchai said this brought the total value of assets seized in the period October 2020 to 26th August 2021 to 6,940,659,550 baht smashing the target of 6 billion set for the year. 

Another misleading heading, "6 billion worth of assets seizure met", as if to say from this bust, click bait obviously.

Sickens me to think these cops will all get a cut of the drug money/assets, so WRONG !

Edited by 4MyEgo