Pfizer Side Effects - My Experience

Mickeymaus

10 hours ago, Scott said:

Six days is a long time for a side effect and this one is worth getting checked out.   There are a lot reasons for dizziness and a few of them are serious.  You mentioned that your blood pressure is normal, do you take blood pressure medication?

I have had both Pfizer shots and now have had a 3rd booster (not in Thailand).  A very, very mild sore arm.  The 2nd I had no reaction -- although I might have been a little more fatigued than normal.  The booster had no reaction, I could feel where the injection was given, but not sore.   No fatigue.  The next day I had forgotten I even had the shot.  

Of the people I know who had a reaction to any vaccine, the most and worst that any have had is being sick for two days.   Six days is way too long.  

Had exactly the same as you,plus a mild headache that didn't last very long, plus nothing for the second.  At the hospital for the second, they asked me how the first went.  Weren't at all interested in my results.

• Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 3:10 PM, Mickeymaus said:

I don't like doctors and hospitals if I am honest. I will let me bring to them when I am dead. The blood pressure I can check myself and it is normal. All the things I had and more are typical side effects. 

I heard from people that they had only problems after the second shot. So now I ask myself what will come then for me if I have problems after the first shot already. So I was hoping people can share with me their experience in respect of the second shot. But perhaps not many here had their second Pfizer shot already. 

I tried to google. But Google will always find an answer even if you ask "After Pfizer my dog ran away and my wife doesn't love me anymore."????

First shot of any vaccine often minimal side effects.  2nd dose is when problems may arise. Pfizer along with the others have an incredibly small number experience bad effects.  You have to be extremely unlucky if you do

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:06 PM, Chomper Higgot said:

The symptoms you report are not listed as recorded side effects on the vaccine data sheet.

That doesn’t mean they are not caused by the vaccine but it does raise the question are there other causes.

I suggest discussing with your Doctor.

21190_pfizer-vaccine-explainer-version-2

Concur … for what that is worth. Each person’s chemistry varies somewhat so reactions can vary. Let you know if I survive my first shot of Pfizer in two days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tjinks said:

Got both jabs of the Pfizer. No side effects except for slight soreness at the injection site. Maybe I'm a lucky 76 yo.

That's because they don't warm up the vaccine by rubbing vial in  hand and after shot you need to keep rubbing injection area so it doesn't knot up.

• Like 1

The worst mild side effects would be a harsh flu like illness that lasts as long as 3-4 days.  It can be very challenging.

mRNA vaccines are not associated with blood clots, but are associated with an increased risk of stroke.

Symptoms that persist more than a few days should be checked by a doctor.

At a pinch I'd say you have an ear infection.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, kwonitoy said:

Got vaccinated  with Pfizer Aug 23rd

Had a sore arm that started to come on about 10 hours after the shot. Right around bed time. Still a little stiff the next morning and by supper time was all good.

All 4 others that I know that got the shot at the same time had the same results

I got mine 25 Aug and it is exactly as you described here.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

some people get blood clots with vaccines (greater risk of clots with covid), if they went to hospital they should get clot busters, if they don't go they are on their own but from what i hear they get headaches

'Clot busters’.......  the mechanism of clot first needs to be understood.

Thrombosis - in simple terms, thickening of the blood causing a clot. 

Thrombocytopenia - in simple terms, excessive thinning of the blood, blood cells clump together. 

1 in 1000 people are expected to experience a Thrombotic even every year. 

The ‘vaccine related’ Thrombocytopenia is reported to exist at 4 in 1 million vaccinated people and is known to occur at the same incidence with other vaccines, i.e. the Influenza vaccine - this its is more likely related to ‘other’ constituents of a vaccine (i.e. the carrier) rather than the ‘active ingredient'. 

On the other hand, as the vaccines cause ‘cold’ like symptoms, dehydration is also a result, the knock on effect of dehydration is an increased susceptibility to Thrombosis (blood thickening). 

Covid, of course causes cold like symptoms in some, thus the increased susceptibility to Thrombosis.

IF a ‘patient’ is suffering Thrombocytopenia ‘clot busters’ (which traditionally thin the blood) may not be the answer. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, impulse said:

Even if the effects described in the OP were caused by the vaccine, the solution isn't to go back in time and undo the jab.    It's to deal with the symptoms and underlying issues.  That means going to a doctor.

I wouldn't even think about a 2nd shot until I understood whether the first shot was the cause of the symptoms, and I discussed with a doctor the likely effects of doing the same thing again.

My first shot had mild side effects for 24 hrs, head fog, snotty nose, head ache, sore at injection site, took tow cold and flu tabs , slept. then nought

2nd shot, NOTHING .

Most folks I know who have had reactions after first jab, Pfizer, AZ, have had no reaction at all with 2nd jab

. Are these side-effects(more than 24 hrs) or reactions less than 24hrs.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm scheduled for Pfeizer at Central in Khon Kaen.  I'm 5 hours away so I've booked 2 nights so I can relax and make sure I'm fine to drive back.

Not to mention a mini vacation!

• Like 2

I had my shots in The Netherlands, the last one 3 months ago and no side effects at all.

Not even a sore arm, perhaps it is the way the para-medic is administering the shot and the size of the needle. I do take a daily dose of blood thinner, (aspirin) because of a stent placed 8 years ago in Thailand after a heart attack.

• Like 2

I had my first Pfizer vacc on Aug 14. As others have said, I too had mild soreness around injection site for about 24 hours.

No gastrointestinal signs , but mild headache/brain fog for about 3 days. The worst for me was at about day 6, when I had generalised muscle soreness - especially in my thighs.  I correlated this with my immune system being challenged at this point , and producing a response to the vaccine - so I viewed it as a positive.

After vaccinating many thousands of animals in my working career - I put any ill effects that I get down to Karma!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 4:08 PM, kwonitoy said:

Got vaccinated  with Pfizer Aug 23rd

Had a sore arm that started to come on about 10 hours after the shot. Right around bed time. Still a little stiff the next morning and by supper time was all good.

All 4 others that I know that got the shot at the same time had the same results

After my 1st Pfizer-shot had similar stiff arm on 1st day, a slight dizzyness on 2nd day after, similar as very strong herb (????), but 3d day later back to normal! 

everyone has different conditions so that also influences side-effects!

hope 2nd shot will be the same for me! ????

• Like 1

I wonder why you even got the Pfizer or any vaccine since you don't like hospital will only go when you are dead?  Can't blame the dog since you got a bad case of diarrhea as for your wife don't love you maybe because you come across somewhat narrow minded and grumpy? ????

Look at it this way too, maybe what you got after the first shot you won't get anything after the second. I got my 1st just a sore arm I did here some get a slight fever next day everything is gone if I get the <deleted>s I'll let you know.????

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, G Rex said:

I correlated this with my immune system being challenged at this point , and producing a response to the vaccine - so I viewed it as a positive.

I just read before in a German news source that there is no correlation between side effects and producing an immune response. People without side effects can build up a strong immune response and people with severe side effects might build up almost no immune response at all. It is a myth that more suffering means better immune response. But it also does not mean the opposite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lunghans said:

I had my shots in The Netherlands, the last one 3 months ago and no side effects at all.

Not even a sore arm, perhaps it is the way the para-medic is administering the shot and the size of the needle. I do take a daily dose of blood thinner, (aspirin) because of a stent placed 8 years ago in Thailand after a heart attack.

Friend said a sore arm is all.

I hear more side effects from Astra Zeneca than other vaccines.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tjinks said:

Got both jabs of the Pfizer. No side effects except for slight soreness at the injection site. Maybe I'm a lucky 76 yo.

Your age is interesting. My sister in Australia is a similar age but they will not give her Pfizer because of her age. Cannot explain that one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Friend said a sore arm is all.

I hear more side effects from Astra Zeneca than other vaccines.

Normally I can take whatever (pharmaceutical) drug I want and never have / had side effects. I also had vaccinations against many things and never a problem. This is why I am a little bit surprised but not worried. Perhaps a little bit in respect of what I might have to expect after the second shot. But still about 2 weeks left until then. I will give my immune system one more week to build up an immune response. Then I will enjoy my first beer(s) again. ????????????????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Normally I can take whatever (pharmaceutical) drug I want and never have / had side effects. I also had vaccinations against many things and never a problem. This is why I am a little bit surprised but not worried. Perhaps a little bit in respect of what I might have to expect after the second shot. But still about 2 weeks left until then. I will give my immune system one more week to build up an immune response. Then I will enjoy my first beer(s) again. ????????????????

I feel the same as you.

I rarely feel any side effects from vaccines or pharmacy drugs

After this I've got to get the wife and her mother vaccinated with Modern we've reserved.

Then all the adults will have been vaccinated in our house.  

We've got two little ones who are too young, 2 and 7, to be vaccinated.

Enjoy your beer!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

'hear'say

Fever listed as a common side effect by the producer of Astra Zeneca:

The following side effects may occur with COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca:

Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)

• tenderness, pain, warmth, itching or bruising where the injection is given
  • generally feeling unwell
  • feeling tired (fatigue)
  • chills or feeling feverish
  • headache
  • feeling sick (nausea)
  • joint pain or muscle ache

Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)

• swelling, redness or a lump at the injection site
  • fever (≥38°C)
  • being sick (vomiting) or diarrhoea
  • pain in legs or arms
  • flu-like symptoms, such as high temperature, sore throat, runny nose, cough and chills

Some people have reported a sudden feeling of cold with shivering/shaking accompanied by a rise in temperature, possibly with sweating, headache (including migraine-like headaches), nausea, muscle aches and feeling unwell, starting within a day of having the vaccine and usually lasting for a day or two.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca/information-for-uk-recipients-on-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca#possible-side-effects

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

Your age is interesting. My sister in Australia is a similar age but they will not give her Pfizer because of her age. Cannot explain that one.

I think that is because they are using the Astrazenica Vaccine for the over 60s and using Pfizer & Moderna (soon) for younger people.  The media and several politicians whipped up a fear frenzy when a few middle aged people developed the clotting issue after the AZ vacc - so there is a reluctance by many  people to take the AZ vacc,

It is felt that older people are at a far greater risk of succumbing to Covid 19 than they are to the AZ vacc - so the Australian supplies of AZ will be used in that demographic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1