Is Visa or passport number on vaccination certificates/books

I appreciate unlike most nations Thailand is requesting my passport number and visa status to register/obatin jab.

However unlike some nations my new passport due soon will have a different number.

Will this mean the certificate will no longer be valid for entery airports planes other plces requiring vax?

Has any member been through this process please, amny first hand knowledge especially welcome.

OP, when you obtain new passport your old one is given back to you. It will have info page cut or hole punch etc.

At some point you transfer stamps and any visa information to new passport at immigration.

That is not urgent and you just show both passports when it's required. 

BTW at some point update your details with your bank etc. 

Take your new and old passport to where you obtained your vaccine certificate and I'm sure they will update your new passport number and give you another certificate, thats my plan anyway regarding an update to a vaccine certificate.  

• Like 2

Interesting point. I have dual citizenship & 2 PPs....UK & Aussie. I'm currently in Thailand on my UK. Already had 1 jab of AZ and booked to get 2nd Jab in Oct. Then I'll have my covid cert from MedPark stating that Mr xxxxxxxxxx UK citizen PP xxxxxx is fully vaxed, so if I go back to Australia, then return to Thailand on my Australia PP. Thais will not only see a different PP number but a totally different nationality. 

• Like 1

Just checked my digital vaccination certificate - and no, there isn't.

I guess there could be some other document that is given to vaccinated folks if they travel out of Thailand. The MorProm digital certificate is only for travel and other use inside Thailand.

Edited by tomazbodner

4 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

No passport number appears on the document I was given after the first vaccination at MedPark. There is an "ID Number" of 13 digits that does not match the 13 digit number I have already been assigned.

Thailand and many other countries do not put your passport number on it. They do have a place for a Thai ID number on them.

8 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Just checked my digital vaccination certificate - and no, there isn't.

I guess there could be some other document that is given to vaccinated folks if they travel out of Thailand. The MorProm digital certificate is only for travel and other use inside Thailand.

This is what I read you have to get for International Travel, But.. it seems to be to much trouble to have to go to Bangkok in person.

vaccine passport.jpeg

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, thaitom said:

But.. it seems to be to much trouble to have to go to Bangkok in person

Thanks This is one of my concerns 

It's not just a 3 day trip , expense no issue for me , may be for some, but every single day away from home , hotels, flighys cabs is an unecessary risk while shielding.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thaitom said:

This is what I read you have to get for International Travel, But.. it seems to be to much trouble to have to go to Bangkok in person.

vaccine passport.jpeg

The hospital told me the vaccine certificate they give me is only valid for 3 months , to come back if I need another,

You would think Interantional Airlines will press WHO for uniform certificate

This still allows different nations to vary entry requirements , jabs but as we all know they love the paperwork and stamps here in digital no mad LOS.

Of course up here in remotest Lanna fair chance we'll be dead before a singel protective jab available, problem solved for them.

Thanks to all teh comments I do hope to travel Interantionally again if only over teh borders to Lao Vietnam and Malaysia, hopefully Czechia, Austrai Canada when safe and hassle free. Think I'm in for a long wait.

6 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Applied for this in Chiang Mai today. Took less than 5 minutes. Only people there. Pay 50B on collection next week.

May I ask where in Chiangmai ? This would be useful information.  The notice I have read says to go to Bangkok in person. 

1 minute ago, thaitom said:

May I ask where in Chiangmai ? This would be useful information.  The notice I have read says to go to Bangkok in person. 

I understand there are a few places you can go but we went to the health clinic opposite a Siriwong Book Centre on Sridonchai Road. Where the graphic asks for flight details just say you live here so not needed. Any other details needed just shout, will reply when I get back from beers.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 5:47 PM, Greenwich Boy said:

I understand there are a few places you can go but we went to the health clinic opposite a Siriwong Book Centre on Sridonchai Road. Where the graphic asks for flight details just say you live here so not needed. Any other details needed just shout, will reply when I get back from beers.

and what was the the validity  3 months from issue or date of first or second jab please? Or does it depend o the vaccine?

On 8/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

No passport number appears on the document I was given after the first vaccination at MedPark. There is an "ID Number" of 13 digits that does not match the 13 digit number I have already been assigned.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:57 AM, ubonjoe said:

Thailand and many other countries do not put your passport number on it. They do have a place for a Thai ID number on them.

After the second jab most places are issuing a certificate with the Thai Vax ID number which also has a QR Code on it.  This QR code links to the MOPH record which contains your passport number in the examples I have seen.

• Like 1

Still in process both nationally & internationally. Many hiccups along the way, no doubt. Won't settle down for months, possibly a couple of years.

It needs agreement on a uniform approach internationally, just as with passports. That'll take at least months to achieve. Domestic arrangements in every country will have to be subordinate to the international agreement, whatever form it takes.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, treetops said:

After the second jab most places are issuing a certificate with the Thai Vax ID number which also has a QR Code on it.  This QR code links to the MOPH record which contains your passport number in the examples I have seen.

Mine only contains my Thai ID (pink card) number, PP took no part in getting jabbed. There's a slot on the Mor Phrom certificate for PP number so I assume (possibly a bad idea) that if one used a PP then the number would be in there.

I think most people received a unique 13-digit Thai Vaccination ID number beginning with 600000nnnnnnn, whether they know they did or not.

This is linked to the MoPH.

There is the Mor Prom app which displays, in great detail your vaccination status. It has a QR code which links to the MoPH to display your status.

Most are issued a certificate after the second dose which has enough info to identify you.

Thailand is issuing a vaccination passport. http://vpassport.ddc.moph.go.th/index.php

https://aseannow.com/topic/1227162-vaccine-passport-issuance-in-bangkok/

On 8/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

Will this mean the certificate will no longer be valid for entery airports planes other plces requiring vax?

My opinion, No.

Edited by mtls2005

On 8/31/2021 at 9:49 PM, mfd101 said:

It needs agreement on a uniform approach internationally, just as with passports. That'll take at least months to achieve. Domestic arrangements in every country will have to be subordinate to the international agreement, whatever form it takes.

I am wondering, if and how a Thailand Covid Certificate or Mor Prom app will correlate with the IATA Covid app.

The EU covid digital passport does not show your passport (read travel document) number, neither is it required for travel to Europe when showing a paper vaccine passport. More importantly, when travelling to Europe, many countries will NOT recognize the Siam Bioscience AZ vaccine as it has not been approved by the EMA (confirmed by, for instance, the Dutch Embassy in Bangkok), though some countries may follow their own rules. The officially approved vaccines are shown below (https://www.government.nl/topics/c/coronavirus-covid-19/visiting-the-netherlands-from-abroad/requirements-for-proof-of-vaccination).

According to AZ-Thailand 'the company is currently applying for a registration of the name Vaxzevria for use with the COVID-19 vaccine. The name Vaxzevria has been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and several other countries.' (https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/thailand/press-release/travelling-with-covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca-made-in-thailand.html).  This website  claims that the Thai AZ product is accepted in France and Germany but the links are not very clear.

Note that if a particular vaccine is not accepted, this can seriously limit your ability to travel to/within Europe and require additional PCR tests and the like, so check carefully.

The vaccine you received must have been approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) or be on the Emergency Use Listing of the World Health Organization (WHO). This is currently the case for the following vaccines:

• Astra Zeneca EU (Vaxzevria) ;
  • Astra Zeneca - Japan (Vaxzevria);
  • Astra Zeneca - Australia (Vaxzevria);
  • Astra Zeneca-SK Bio (Vaxzevria);
  • Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine - United States of America;
  • Pfizer/BioNTech (Comirnaty);
  • Johnson & Johnson ((COVID-19 Vaccine) Janssen);
  • Moderna (Spikevax);
  • Serum Institute of India (Covishield);
  • Sinopharm BIBP;
  • Sinovac.

Got my vacc. cert. last Friday.  Then noticed that my passport number was not on cert, and that my date of birth was wrong.

Went back to hospital where vaccination was done and aske for details to be changed.  No problem.  Took passport and asked what I wanted on new cert.  10 minutes and back with new certificate with passport number and date of birth correct, nd my name in English.  No charge and no fuss.

When vaccination was done, such crowds and such chaos that did no check what as on certificate.  Easy to put right.  With hindsight, I should have checked what was on the paper as I went through the system.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 7:57 PM, RubbaJohnny said:

and what was the the validity  3 months from issue or date of first or second jab please? Or does it depend o the vaccine?

OK so picked up the vaccine passport. I can not get one as I was vaccinated overseas and I do not have permission to show an image of the one we got.

It has your name and passport number on the front page. Hand written.

It has 2021 03 followed by another number also on front page. Maybe a date and then the document number. This is a guess as it does not state exactly what it is.

Inside are the details of your jabs with plenty of room for more.

Specifically on validity it states in the notes ' The validity of the certificate shall extend until the date indicated for the particular vaccine'

Apologies if this is as clear as mud. I tried to confirm what the dates meant but got nowhere. Should have taken a Thai speaker with us.