Thailand reports declining COVID-19 cases for the 4th consecutive day

webfact

COV31.jpg

File photo: REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Tuesday (August 31) reported 14,666 new COVID-19 cases, 19,245 recoveries and 190 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

● 19,245 recoveries

14,362 new infections 

304 prison / prison infections

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,204,729 with 11,589 deaths.

(Total infections since April 1: 1,175,866)

The news comes as more than 31,000 children in the country, aged from under one to five years, have been infected with COVID-19 in the past four months.

Most were infected by close relatives or other caretakers and, of these, nine have died, said Dr. Suwanchai Wattanayingcharoenchai, director-general of Thailand’s Department of Health, yesterday (Monday).

Citing data released on August 21st, he said that, within a week, 5,298 additional infections among young children, including 4,773 Thais and 525 foreigners, were recorded, representing an increase of 33% over the previous week.

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update31AUG).png

asean_now_BB.jpg

Chonburi releases new orders easing Covid-19 restrictions starting from September 1st

Chonburi, Thailand-

The Chonburi Governor and provincial disease committee released this evening, August 30th, 2021, rules and restrictions around easing of Covid-19 rules for the province.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/30/chonburi-releases-new-orders-easing-covid-19-restrictions-starting-from-september-1st/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

October reopening of foreign tourism to Thailand could be another false dawn with entry regime

With a floundering Phuket Sandbox which followed the now-forgotten Special Tourist Visa, the message for the Thai government on recovering the foreign tourism industry is crystal clear. It hinges, to some extent, on abolishing emergency controls on entry to the kingdom and allowing full and unfettered passenger traffic to resume without the Certificate of Entry process and any form of state quarantine. However, it also hinges on the worldwide resumption of international passenger traffic and tourism which international experts say is already down by up to 88% in 2021 based on figures for the first 6 months.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/08/30/october-tourism-reopening-another-false-dawn/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i like the 190 daily death number.  we need more days with a number below 200 to show a decline in the 7 day average of daily deaths.  still sitting near an all time high on that stat, but it is stalling out on growth so that is generally good news.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, buick said:

i like the 190 daily death number.  we need more days with a number below 200 to show a decline in the 7 day average of daily deaths.  still sitting near an all time high on that stat, but it is stalling out on growth so that is generally good news.

I think the death graph will follow the cases graph only after 1 or 2 weeks if you take into account how it happened in the UK.  I suppose it depends on how good the care is in keeping certain critical patients alive.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, it does seem the corner has been turned. I am slightly, but pleasantly, surprised at the speed at which restrictions are being lifted. It even looks like some schools may be able to resume proper classes later in September.

Spare a thought for us over 60's who can't get near a vaccine.  The last thing we want is to see another spike in cases which is what will surely happen as soon as restrictions are eased.

• Like 2

Just now, mommysboy said:

Spare a thought for us over 60's who can't get near a vaccine.  The last thing we want is to see another spike in cases which is what will surely happen as soon as restrictions are eased.

I certainly do.  I'm 61 and won't get my 2nd AZ jab until October.  Is there a reason why you can't get near a vaccine?

37 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia saw an uptick in new Covid-19 cases and deaths, mainly due to a sharp increase in cases in the Philippines and Vietnam, collated data showed

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40005500

Sharp spike in new Covid cases in Philippines, Vietnam

Vietnam situation becoming worse than Thailand. 315 deaths and over 14,000 cases along with strict lockdown

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Phuket health authorities are reporting 256 new local cases , two cases from the Sandbox and no deaths. There are now 1,830 patients in care. The #PhuketSandbox has had 82 cases since 1st July #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432499427487354883

By conservative estimates Phuket has about 400,000 Thais living there. Which is about 1/175th of the total population of Thailand. Since Apr 3, it has recorded 19 deaths. Since Apr 3, Thailand has recored 11,494. If Phuket was contributing a proprotional share of deaths, the total would amount to 67 deaths. So Phuket has reported only 28%, In addition, Phuket has been much more open than the rest of Thailand.. Perhaps vaccinations are keeping the death toll down?

12 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I certainly do.  I'm 61 and won't get my 2nd AZ jab until October.  Is there a reason why you can't get near a vaccine?

Yes, I haven't been offered one yet, like many foreigners and Thais alike. I guess it would have happened in Bangkok, but I am in Surat Thani.  The only opportunity is through 'expatvac' but it appears slow in this province (Surat Thani) or my registration has been lost.

Actually, does anyone know if I would be eligible if I moved to Bangkok for a month or two? I've read that there are walk in centres.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Actually, does anyone know if I would be eligible if I moved to Bangkok for a month or two? I've read that there are walk in centres

You don't need to move to Bangkok for month or 2. You can obtain jab in Bangkok no problem. Write down any address. No proof required.

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You don't need to move to Bangkok for month or 2. You can obtain jab in Bangkok no problem. Write down any address. No proof required.

How? I mean where are the centres?  Is it Bang Sue Station?  Do I just turn up early in the morning?