Thailand reports declining COVID-19 cases for the 4th consecutive day

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

● 19,245 recoveries

14,362 new infections 

304 prison / prison infections

Numbers suddenly declining in ready for the grand opening.... funny how things turn-out just right in the end.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, it does seem the corner has been turned. I am slightly, but pleasantly, surprised at the speed at which restrictions are being lifted. It even looks like some schools may be able to resume proper classes later in September.

Unfortunate though that no kids have been vaccinate.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its important to put that in context of what was actually stated which was:

@ 6:47  "there were good reasons to only count the mrna Pfizer and Moderna vaccines in the initial stages of their vaccination program because of the efficacy, when most of population was not vaccinated it was important to get them inoculated with the most effective vaccines available, but as our vaccination coverage increased to 70%, we are collectively more resilient so our considerations have changed and what is more important now is the difference between those who are vaccinated and not vaccinated, so less so between different vaccine brands. So from 10th Aug we will be more inclusive.

In other words, the always-furious CCP complained about it so now the worried Singapore government must backtrack.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

With todays high case count in Phuket its shot to the 5th most infected Province per capita

image.png.c917d37e5cfa5e6b58e7994d16f9d86c.png

https://aseannow.com/topic/1221220-information-about-new-covid-19-cases-per-province/?do=findComment&comment=16786814

So clearly it's not vaccination rates that explain the mysterious sudden sharp decreases in case numbers.  Otherwise, Phuket would not be worsening and Bangkok's cases would be declining more sharply than they've declined so far.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GStewart70 said:

If only it was that simple.

Israel reimposed mask mandates within days of reopening and is now deploying booster shoots to calm the escalating situation.

UK has rising hospitalisations and deaths.

A Scottish health advisor was yesterday warning about the possibility of a reverse in lockdown restrictions easing if the situation continues.

The vaccines wane after six months. 

Think of mice running on a wheel in a cage.

You have underestimated the Thai miracle…what has happened to the rest of the world will not happen to them because Anutin and Prayut are gods from another dimension.

Or just bull hiitters!

A post with content that was copy and pasted from a news site without a supporting link and a reply has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, it does seem the corner has been turned. I am slightly, but pleasantly, surprised at the speed at which restrictions are being lifted. It even looks like some schools may be able to resume proper classes later in September.

Yes it seems another 4 weeks could be more sensible but hey ho the Czar know's best

This chart shows how far Thailand's elderly lag in being vaccinated against COVID-19 - from which they face the greatest risk of serious illness or death. That's why nearly all countries make them a priority

https://twitter.com/TostevinM/status/1432630989176524805

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

So clearly it's not vaccination rates that explain the mysterious sudden sharp decreases in case numbers.  Otherwise, Phuket would not be worsening and Bangkok's cases would be declining more sharply than they've declined so far.

Strange dear Watson, strange.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

817,000 vaccinated Tuesday.

Good to see the boring days of 500k a thing of the past. 

Any takers on when the One mill breakthrough arrives.

Oh I am sure that the announcement with detailed statistics and suitable graphics is already prepared. The vinyl printing machine will be programmed, only the date to be inserted.

As to when it will be released, that probably depends on 1) their plans ( I use the term loosely of course) for announcing reopening, and of course 2) if anything (scandal breaking) happens which causes enough of a problem to need a " distraction programme" - although that would be a "nuclear option"!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mommysboy said:

I don't think so.  Samuii Island possibly or deep south maybe, but I'd rather be sure as this still involves an overnighter.

If anyone has certain knowledge please could they let me know.

over the period of 10 days I got offered 2x appointments in Bangkok and 1 in Pattaya for Pfizer using the https://www.thailandintervac.com/ booking site and the expatvac - I cancelled both the Bangkok appointments because I live in Pattaya

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Only numbers in Thailand I truly believe--come from the exchange rates--and they don't look good.

Thai baht has increased in value quite rapidly since announced numbers are reducing. I agree with your sentiment, just suspect the market hasn't yet suspected or come to terms with the "potential" dishonesty of the figures. Should it come to pass, that the present numbers being published are balderdash, then I forsee a very angry market massively selling off thai baht.

• Like 1

Just now, GStewart70 said:

Clueless.

Another TVF expert who discards the global facts.

Google what happened in Israel and to save the effort, here's the uptodate data for the UK.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Your bar ain't going to be having another high season. Full stop.

Vaccines wane after 6 months in case you missed that titbit of news as well.

So what's your "gloom & doom" prediction for Thailand?

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So what's your "gloom & doom" prediction for Thailand?

What he's missing, is that the vaccination doesn't stop anyone from catching covid. My understanding is, that once infected with covid, then immunity improves immensely more than any vaccine.

• Like 1

Just now, Khabib said:

What he's missing, is that the vaccination doesn't stop anyone from catching covid. My understanding is, that once infected with covid, then immunity improves immensely more than any vaccine.

'He' ain't missing anything.

You need to educate yourself.

18 minutes ago, Khabib said:

correct and both are better

I hear there something developing is Africa - a variant resistant to all current vaccines, if true how long before it arrives in Thailand

Countries are now considering whether a booster Jab or letting those vaccinated get the virus as they are well protected against severe ilness - a very bold move if they do, Thailand would be doing it in reverse with very severe consequences but since they are good at hiding stuff nobody will ever know

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, GStewart70 said:

Clueless.

Another TVF expert who discards the global facts.

Google what happened in Israel and to save you the effort, here's the uptodate data for the UK.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Showing increasing hospitalisations and deaths, in a highly vaccinated population.

Your bar ain't going to be having another high season. Full stop.

Vaccines wane after 6 months in case you missed that titbit of news as well.

In the UK the number of hospitalisations and deaths is tiny compared to previous waves. Yes infection rates are high, but death/hospitalisation numbers are the important numbers now. Those numbers are now at an acceptable level versus other illnesses. 

Try to be more positive. 

• Like 1