Phitsanulok: Man shot dead after argument over loud radio

webfact

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on a shooting at 8.40 pm Sunday in a repair yard at the Silver Star Golf Club in Phrom Phiram district of Phitsanulok.

The golf course is owned by the Region 6 police whose HQ is adjacent to the course.

Pongthep Ploiprasong, 46, was given CPR at the scene but was later pronounced dead at the local hospital after medics could not revive him.

He had been shot once by a shotgun fired by Thae Ao or Jae, 37, a migrant worker from Myanmar. 

A Thai made shotgun and ammunition were recovered.

The media reported that the two men lived together and were both workers. The Myanmar man kept the shotgun hidden in a lawnmower.

He was apparently angered after the Thai man told him to turn down his radio. 

He has been charged with murder and weapons offences.

Region 6 chief Ekkarat Limprasert said the incident happened behind the R6 HQ and was being fully investigated. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

You couldn't make this stuff up.......????

One would imagine that a shovel could be a better place to hide a shotgun, when my wife turn up the TV too loud i just stick ear plugs in me ears...

So much wrong with this.

A golf club owned by the RTP for a start. A migrant worker keeping a Thai made shotgun and ammunition in a lawn mower...for what, where did he get it, does he have a license? What's wrong with this guy, having been asked to turn his radio down, he shoots the person asking?

I thought Thai people could be quick tempered and viciously violent, but this, well, this takes the bisquit.

I suggest next time there's a noisy radio there, the offended employee calls the cops. After all, they are right next door.

8 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

So much wrong with this.

A golf club owned by the RTP for a start. A migrant worker keeping a Thai made shotgun and ammunition in a lawn mower...for what, where did he get it, does he have a license? What's wrong with this guy, having been asked to turn his radio down, he shoots the person asking?

I thought Thai people could be quick tempered and viciously violent, but this, well, this takes the bisquit.

I suggest next time there's a noisy radio there, the offended employee calls the cops. After all, they are right next door.

I suspect we are not getting the whole story.