Thailand reports 14,802 new COVID-19 cases and 18,996 recoveries

webfact

15 minutes ago, smedly said:

yes that is now what experts are saying, you watched John Campbell's video I assume, they now believe everyone will get infected with this virus just need to make sure everyone is vaccinated

Yes I did and included a link in another of my posts.... guy talks a lot of sense and I wish more would watch him and get a better grasp of the situation, and of reality for that matter.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes I did and included a link in another of my posts.... guy talks a lot of sense and I wish more would watch him and get a better grasp of the situation, and of reality for that matter.

yes he is very good at grabbing data and research from official sources and pulling it all together into a laymans presentation for all to understand, I watch his presentations every day, a very useful resource for the latest info on the pandemic status around the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe because many already had Covid and were asymptomatic or mild cases and recovered and have natural immunity now.

Some discussion that this does not last too.... next best fix is a combination of natural and vaccination created immunity. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe because many already had Covid and were asymptomatic or mild cases and recovered and have natural immunity now.

Not unless at least 90-95% of all cases were asymptomatic. There has simply not been that many cases over the last 5 months. Contact tracing still seems to work well in the area, as long as it is towns and not cities. The "mainly Bangkok" quarantine area is really busy but people are staying put and follow home quarantine rules when they are released. Obedient people... ???? I really don't know why but I don't see a serious situation up here. Busy yes but not serious  

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

In desperate need of help: Thailand’s hotel industry struggles with pandemic’s third wave

Karon beach looked as majestic as ever. Golden sands warmed just right by the mid-tropics sun, caressed ever so gently by the emerald green waters of the Andaman sea.

But to Danai S.K., something was missing. Even during the lull of previous low seasons, with moody grey skies threatening the cliches of paradise, Karon beach was filled with busy holiday-makers.

But this August, despite the much vaunted ‘Sandbox Model,’ Karon beach stood empty.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/32073/in-desperate-need-of-help-thailands-hotel-industry-struggles-with-pandemics-third-wave/

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ok, I've been here half that figure and not heard it aside from a few who were hesitant to take Sinovac.

Yeah Brian you live in Phuket not in upper Isaan lol.

My mother and father in law has moved in mountain farm, far away from all people. They not going to take chinese vaccine. When they sure they get some "western" stuff they take. Mother in law is 78 years old in paper actualy she is 68 years old. In paper she is older than her sister who born 5 years earlier.

็House Speaker Chuan Leekpai said on Tuesday in response to Pheu Thai MP Prasert Chanthararuangthong's remark on the low efficacy of China's #Sinovac vaccine, which #Thailand's been heavily relying on, during the 3rd censure debate against the 2nd Prayut administration this week.

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1432936416439193606

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yeah Brian you live in Phuket not in upper Isaan lol.

My mother and father in law has moved in mountain farm, far away from all people. They not going to take chinese vaccine. When they sure they get some "western" stuff they take. Mother in law is 78 years old in paper actualy she is 68 years old. In paper she is older than her sister who born 5 years earlier.

There are old people in Phuket too not just north Thailand

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today there were 252 deaths in #Thailand

130 males & 122 females

Burmese (6), Cambodian (1), Chinese (1), Indian (1)

Median age 66 (21-99 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (80)

66% of deaths aged 60+ (in BKK 79%)

1 pregnant woman died

0 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432940773574467586

Good they can make notice "nobody died in home"! 70 million people and yesterday nobody died in home coz covid! Wonder how many people actualy died in home yesterday? How many extra covid test they need make to be sure?

Edited by 2 is 1

Just as a side issue to these posts, I would like to thank expatvac for everything they have done to help me get my first Pfizer jab this morning. A week ago I had been called on Tuesday evening to attend for this jab the next morning at Bang Saphan hospital. I declined the offer on the basis that up to that point the Moderna I had registered and paid for was definitely, according to THG, coming in Oct.

Then over the weekend everything changed as seen with different posts on here. I messaged THG on Sunday and received an email back that evening. This said that the GPO expected the Moderna to arrive 4th quarter and the Ministry of Public Health stated that it should arrive December. 

So, I realised this was going to be too long a wait and gamble for a 66 year old, and therefore contacted the Doctor who originally called me on Monday morning. I explained the situation to her and she said she would talk with the big boss and see if anything could be done. Tuesday morning she contacted me to tell me that I could get the jab on Wednesday morning at 09.00. Sure enough, I did and cannot thank them enough for what they have done. 2nd due on 22nd September.

I know I was being foolish about cancelling in the first place and do not need reminding! But all is well that ends well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

The exercise was not  a miserable, pointless failure.

I think its fairly safe to assume that many of the Vaccines destined for the Elderly and the Infirmed, were sidetracked into BKK and the highly successful Dirtbox Scheme.

Sarcasm FOC

I sincerely hope sarcasm pervaded throughout every word.

Good to see figures for new infections going down, but in reality this has been happening in Europe as well, then all of a sudden there is a sudden peak, which remains for some time.

Shame about the deaths though, this is a number that will not really go down for a long time.

(my opinion)

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Chonburi Public Health Office is reporting 879 new cases today and 2 more deaths. Most new cases are in Chonburi City (183), Bang Lamung/Pattaya (136), and Si Racha (269). There are 15,557 patients in care #COVID19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432858791477854214

Further details:

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/01/chonburi-reports-879-new-covid-19-cases-with-2-deaths/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Victornoir said:

On the other hand, Covid is handicapping or letal only for a well-defined part of the population: the elderly, the fat ones and some already carriers of aggravating diseases.

That used to be true at the beginning of the pandemic but it's no longer the case.

As mentioned in the article below, data from the Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) shows that:

"In Brazil, mortality rates have doubled among those younger than 39, quadrupled among those in their 40s and tripled for those in their 50s between December 2020 and March 2021,”

[...]

“In some areas of the U.S., more people in their 20s are now being hospitalized for COVID-19 than people in their 70s,” Dr. Etienne said.

Hospitalizations and deaths of younger people soar due to COVID-19

• Thanks 2