Indian man dismembered compatriot who tipped off police about visa overstay

snoop1130

9 hours ago, rcuthbert said:

Dismembering means removing limbs whist the victim is alive.

Execution_of_thomas_armstrong_1683.jpg

That is one meaning but you can dismember a dead body. 

3 hours ago, harrycallahan said:

Doesn't dismemberment require limb detachment? He was only halved. 

Limb detachment is one meaning but not the only one. 

https://www.tombruno.com/articles/dismembering-a-human-body/

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/problem-defensive-dismembering-dead-body-person-not-involved

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Raviprakash had twice been arrested for visa overstay in Thailand and had been released after paying bail of 50,000 baht and 30,000 baht, respectively, Naew Na reported. 

This cheapskate would have been wise to have gotten a good agent. 

• Haha 1

This just one case, but I think there are plenty of others who overstayed out there. Many are taking advantage of the pandemic.
If this is not associated with any murder case, then probably the money still talks and everything else walks.
I was also wondering, where are those smart cars? Are they still in use?

• Like 1

Confessed 55555 ye right. We have all seen how confessions are made. I wouldn't trust a badge here in a million years. Your credibility is shot. The whole would has seen your Interrogation techniques. I don't believe anything they say.  

• Like 1

Story in a story here.

Why was he still here?

2 times offended.

Someone was put on a plane to Australia the other week for failing to report 90 days. 2 times.

Married with kids.

House and land in Issan.

Married visa. Non O

Anyway, 12 months deportation.

(And he went voluntarily to the police station. He didn't understand the system)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

No good idea for overstay.. just be good boy and report your 90 days..????

well you can't 90 day report if your extension has expired - unless you know something most of us don't.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Story in a story here.

Why was he still here?

2 times offended.

Someone was put on a plane to Australia the other week for failing to report 90 days. 2 times.

Married with kids.

House and land in Issan.

Married visa. Non O

Anyway, 12 months deportation.

(And he went voluntarily to the police station. He didn't understand the system)

Yes, they do not inform you when you apply for a visa, or on arrival that you have to do the reporting, or when your address changes, no information given when visa granted on regulations and requirements

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes, they do not inform you when you apply for a visa, or on arrival that you have to do the reporting, or when your address changes, no information given when visa granted on regulations and requirements

Then find out..... it isn't always someone else's fault.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Then find out..... it isn't always someone else's fault.

I was not intimating it was anyone else's "fault", however it would be helpful new players to know requirements from day dot.

Most locals cannot tell what the requirements are, so for new players it is a mystery, even the police

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I was not intimating it was anyone else's "fault", however it would be helpful new players to know requirements from day dot.

Most locals cannot tell what the requirements are, so for new players it is a mystery, even the police

Most Visas do not permit over 90 day stays..... and I believe when one applies for an O-X, for example,  it specifies you are to attend immigration every 90 days. Extensions obtained in Thailand, also states on the stamp that reporting every 90 days is required. 

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Most Visas do not permit over 90 day stays..... and I believe when one applies for an O-X, for example,  it specifies you are to attend immigration every 90 days. Extensions obtained in Thailand, also states on the stamp that reporting every 90 days is required. 

Nothing about attending was there.

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Nothing about attending was there.

Simply put, your statement...

Is not accurate.... 

When one arrives, they are not often stamped in for longer than 90 days, so reporting is not relevant. If one applies for say an O-X Long Stay Visa, it is in the Embassy information to report every 90 days.  If one obtains an Extension, many of the stamps inform you 90 day reporting is required, as does my retirement extension. If one converts a tourist visa or Visa exempt entry to a Non-Imm-O, that is in affect also a 90 day report.

Edited by jacko45k

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Simply put, your statement...

Is not accurate.... 

When one arrives, they are not often stamped in for longer than 90 days, so reporting is not relevant. If one applies for say an O-X Long Stay Visa, it is in the Embassy information to report every 90 days.  If one obtains an Extension, many of the stamps inform you 90 day reporting is required, as does my retirement extension. If one converts a tourist visa or Visa exempt entry to a Non-Imm-O, that is in affect also a 90 day report.

I am pleased you received the information addressed to me.

I can assure you no such information was given to me at the embassy .

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Raviprakash had twice been arrested for visa overstay in Thailand and had been released after paying bail of 50,000 baht and 30,000 baht, respectively

Something lost in translation there. I suspect he bribed the police with much more than that.