Retirement extention - Dipped below the 400k

3 minutes ago, nopsled said:

Yes, I'll tell him that.  I think he wanted to see if they thought it was something that could be sorted out without alerting his local office, but I know the answer they will give him.

Given that it was below 400k for few days and was 30k, I can't see imm allowing that. As pointed out by @crazykopite if he has another account with 30k+ he can use that together with his 400k account.

Worse case is use agent 15k. Not end of the world.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Henryford said:

He gave this woman 50 million and now he's struggling to find 400k. Unbelievable !!

Yes, I know.  Crazy!  It was bit by bit to "invest" in properties for "their" future together I think.  He was still working in various countries for most of their time together and now he's been here a few years she sees the inflow of new money has stopped and wants rid of him.  That's my take on it anyway.  I hope he doesn't decide to sign up here and read all this, but hey, he's made some pretty bad choices so.....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Use agent, no need to worry about financial requirements. 

OK, I'll pass that on.  I live in Hua Hin, but he lives in Cha Am and so comes under Phetchaburi Imm.  Anyone recommend an agent that is good at this kind of thing in his area?

47 minutes ago, nopsled said:

OK, I'll pass that on.  I live in Hua Hin, but he lives in Cha Am and so comes under Phetchaburi Imm.  Anyone recommend an agent that is good at this kind of thing in his area?

Try Legalserviceshuahin.com

Coincidently I ask them for the same reason last week.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nopsled said:

Like I said, long story.  I can see why you think all the above, and you could be close on some points, but he has probably spent 50mil on property here, but it's all in her name.  I know! No fool like an old fool.  He's 71 and has now got a lawyer on the case.  Not married though and she as never had more than a tiny income.  He can show statements for transfers etc. His lawyer says "No problem".  I'm not so sure.

Lawyer says no problem but actually could be a big problem especially since they are not married.  If legally married you would need to divorce and law would require the 50/50 split of marital property. But since she is only his GF she could say the cars, motorbike, house or furniture were  "gifts"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So much in your post. This may seem harsh but just one person's opinion.

1. Doubt he will satisfy immigration with withdrawal of money, even with quickish replacement. He could visit and ask.

2. If he needs to get the 30k back from her to top up his account sounds like he doesn't have other money supply. Eg funds in home account.

3. If that's the case perhaps why she wants rid of him.

4. You use term misses....take it that he is not married as he would be on extension based on marriage and you mention retirement.

Bottom line: He should get all his bankbooks, ATM etc and leave.

For next extension retirement he can use agent ~15k to cover money in bank issue.

I note that he withdrew the funds? Strange. 

He would not necessarily be on a marriage extension because he is married. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

No.... read the post.

He dropped below the minimum 400k that is required to be maintained from 3 months after the extension application and two months before the next (when it needs to be up to 800k).

I did read it, here it is...

"Hi

Not me, but a friend of mine who is not on this forum, has dipped below the 400k in his bank account for his retirement visa.  Anyone here have any experience of this kind of mistake, and if it's corrected quickly is it a major problem?

Thanks".

What you say now seems to have been his intention but there is no mention, whatsoever, in his OP of the B400k being that required by some IOs to maintain the validity of his extension.

It's you who needs to read the OP properly before telling others to do so.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 2

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean B800k for retirement extensions?  Or using income also?   

Reports here suggest that it's a big problem with IOs but nothing that an agent couldn't help your friend with..

Optics always speak volumes. Not in every case, but if the IO sees you have employed a  "Thai national" as your agent and you show up dressed politely wearing a yellow <deleted> it can make things go a lot easier for you... 

14 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Hi

Not me, but a friend of mine who is not on this forum, has dipped below the 400k in his bank account for his retirement visa.  Anyone here have any experience of this kind of mistake, and if it's corrected quickly is it a major problem?

Thanks".

What you say may have been his intention but there is no mention, whatsoever, in his OP of the B400k being that required by some IOs to maintain the validity of his extension.

You need read post you quote again. It's correct.

After maintaining the 800k for 3 months post application it needs to be maintained not falling below 400k untill 2 months prior to next extension when it must be 800k.

BTW it's not required "by some io,s". It's a standard universal requirement.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Optics always speak volumes. Not in every case, but if the IO sees you have employed a  "Thai national" as your agent and you show up dressed politely wearing a yellow <deleted> it can make things go a lot easier for you... 

I agree.  I always get shaved and dressed up in long pants, nice shirt etc.  Never had a problem.  He's been sent away once before for wearing shorts 555.  Probably got a mark against his name on file already!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Maybe some don't, but Jomtien sure does...the young guy usually scrutinizes back thru the whole year

(ie: 3mths 800k, 7 mths 400k and 2 mths 800k).

Kalasin city does and asked me again for my bank book after returning it to re-check that I hadn't dropped below 800K

In other areas they are very accommodating, but they seem to be keen as mustard on the  bank limits.

54 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Hi

Thanks".

What you say may have been his intention but there is no mention, whatsoever, in his OP of the B400k being that required by some IOs to maintain the validity of his extension.

Expand  

You need read post you quote again. It's correct.

After maintaining the 800k for 3 months post application it needs to be maintained not falling below 400k untill 2 months prior to next extension when it must be 800k.

BTW it's not required "by some io,s". It's a standard universal requirement.

No, I do not need to read the OP again, what I said is correct, what you are saying was not in the OP.   Here is the OP that you need to read again...

"Hi

Thanks"

I am well aware of the official requirement to maintain an ongoing B400k after the initial granting of the extension that some IOs insist on, the OP did not mention that in his first post.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
38 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I am well aware of the official requirement to maintain an ongoing B400k after the initial granting of the extension that some IOs insist on, the OP did not mention that in his first post.

Didn't need to mention it. It's a given.

Also stop with the "some IOs insist on....."

It's a requirement and all imm officers check those requirements.

No, it is not a given.  Without clarifying what he meant he could have been referring to an application for a new extension which is why I referred to B800k.  This was my post...

"You mean B800k for retirement extensions?  Or using income also?  Reports here suggest that it's a big problem with IOs"

Also, stop with misquoting me, I did not say that some IOs do not check.   You're right that all IOs are supposed to make that check but some have been known to overlook the requirement. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Hi

Thanks".

What you say now seems to have been his intention but there is no mention, whatsoever, in his OP of the B400k being that required by some IOs to maintain the validity of his extension.

Everyone else understood it  straight off  -  except you!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

These are the situations when 15k to an agent, seems the best way out, but you must have a bank account at 'Certain" banks that the agent uses.

why are certain banks needed at all when an IO is paid to ignore any money in any bank?

1 minute ago, clivebaxter said:

why are certain banks needed at all when an IO is paid to ignore any money in any bank?

To The best of my Knowledge, it is the agents who get the 'letter' from the bank, and them who I can only guess, pay the IO. so 3 people get paid IMO; agent, bank, and IO. IO still need the letter for their records under normal situations when using an agent (if you can call it that) from the bank. Bribing an IO directly is a different situation altogether.

Just now, brianthainess said:

To The best of my Knowledge, it is the agents who get the 'letter' from the bank, and them who I can only guess, pay the IO. so 3 people get paid IMO; agent, bank, and IO. IO still need the letter for their records under normal situations when using an agent (if you can call it that) from the bank. Bribing an IO directly is a different situation altogether.

I always thought the bank requirement was just ignored as the letter would say they have the funds but the photo copy of the book will not, so why bother with a letter at all? Once you use n agent getting an extension from a province you do not live in, as most do, you are then stuck with them for every other service.

15 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It is not as simple as "ignore any money in the bank". Senior officials have discretion to waive seasoning rules, as well as minor deviations. It is still necessary to get documents from the bank that show the applicant's financial status in a sufficiently favourable light. That is why there is a requirements for a three way cooperation between agent, bank and senior official to get the extension done.

23 hours ago, nopsled said:

Yes, I'll tell him that.  I think he wanted to see if they thought it was something that could be sorted out without alerting his local office, but I know the answer they will give him.

Each immigration office has its own idiosyncrasies. A large part of why I stay in Jomtien/Pattaya is the immigration office here is quite sensible. Not perfect, but better than most.

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

It is not as simple as "ignore any money in the bank". Senior officials have discretion to waive seasoning rules, as well as minor deviations. It is still necessary to get documents from the bank that show the applicant's financial status in a sufficiently favourable light. That is why there is a requirements for a three way cooperation between agent, bank and senior official to get the extension done.

But they cannot get a bank book to show deposits in a favorable light making the letter meaningless, they are still ignoring not enough funds, or hardly any in the bank book. Fraudulent letters from the bank cannot cover that up, and such letters are surely corrupt and illegal.

On 9/2/2021 at 5:55 PM, nopsled said:

I thought so, thanks.

Sorry to burst your bubble but it's not true. Most immigration officers are quite strict about the exact amount.

I had dropped below 800k on one bank account of around less than 1000 baht within the 3 months after approval. The officer at Chiang Mai wouldn't approve it when I argued that it is only 'very little'.

Luckily I had another bank account with another bank (with a small amount deposited) to show with the total just above 800k.

The officers won't bend to anyone unless they are corrupted and the visa goes through an agent.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Each immigration office has its own idiosyncrasies. A large part of why I stay in Jomtien/Pattaya is the immigration office here is quite sensible. Not perfect, but better than most.

Indeed. Jomtien is one of very few offices that require folk using money in bank retirement to return post 3 months to prove money still in Bank. Rogue office.