VICTIM OF LOVE: Are you a Victim of Loving…Too Much?

GammaGlobulin

To My Fellows who have been, similarly, victimless….

I pose the question, which is this:

How many of you have been steered wrongly due to your being sidetracked from your important life goals, solely as a result of falling in love with too many improper strangers?

You know, we always say to ourselves that, if only we had met the right woman, then we could achieve our true potential, given their support.

And yet, in my opinion, the fundamental reason I never achieved my true potential is mostly not due to my becoming a “victim” of too many women I loved.

Here we are in Thailand, for example, and I have never met a woman who did not provide me with the impetus and encouragement to become even more than I had hoped I would be. Yet, I was never satisfied with this.

In spite of the help of various women, I flubbed it.

I have met very many wonderful women here. And, not even one of the women I have met here is not twice as good as me.

In this, I have been blessed by meeting fine women, like fine wine.

Yet, I have frittered away my opportunities, simply by searching for the next better woman, and, thusly, I have now arrived in my present position in which I have nothing.

This is why I wish to caution you.

Do not love too much.

Do not do what I have done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Meaning no injured party, least of all me.

In a love relationship, there is often no intentionally injured party, unless it might be that the love relationship has harmed one party, irreparably, due to naivete, or due to other reasons beyond control of the injured party.

Best advice to women who meet people from foreign lands..... Be circumspect...and...don't get in too deep.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ChristianBlessing said:

In fairness, it appears that you are, irrespective of the many woman and other "improper strangers" very much a victim of, well, you.

Is this not always the case?

And, this is just the thing that I am cautioning against.

Wine, women, song, gambling, and greed.

We become victims of ourselves.

And, then, all too unreasonably, we blame women.

You are correct.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18, Exams passed, focus on joining the armed forces. Time to go sign on the dotted line, pretty female disuaded me from leaving, stupidly I let her.

Missed my spot, broke up with her few months later.Never did resume that path and was then tempted in another direction.

Fate, not meant to be, who knows but felt a victim for sure and always wondered how different things might have been had she not stopped me.

• Sad 1

Love is for teenagers. All these dudes hung up on love, finding love, loving love, etc. forget the most important aspect of a relationship - shared interests. Do I love my lady? I’d say yes although if it ended today I’d move on. The great thing about TH is if you’re patient you will eventually find a partner that makes your life enriched, rewarding and satisfied. Stop being kind of pathetic.

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 3:13 AM, GammaGlobulin said:

Is this not always the case?

And, this is just the thing that I am cautioning against.

Wine, women, song, gambling, and greed.

We become victims of ourselves.

And, then, all too unreasonably, we blame women.

You are correct.

Lighten up. You are taking things far too seriously. Doesn't work in Thailand, if that's where you are.

• Like 1

You know, we always say to ourselves that, if only we had met the right woman, then we could achieve our true potential, given their support.

I don't agree. Actually women distract men from reaching their full potential. Which is why some very highly successful men can't keep a solid relationship going. Because great men want to achieve great things and to achieve great you are ideally singularly focused and dedicated towards your goal.

I have been in a relationship and have a daughter, but I also have some goals and the relationship makes it harder to achieve my goals. I want to become self sufficient from my work, being able to stop working for clients. And to achieve these goals, I need to work hard, save a lot of money. If I didn't have a relationship I would have already achieved these goals by now. But having a relationship makes it harder, since woman are not careful with money, since children cost a lot of money and a relationship requires time that I can't use to better my skills and abilities. Also, for the sake of our daughter I am "kind of" stuck in Thailand, whereas I might have made more money if I moved to a different high-income country just to work there a couple of years and be done with it.

I think if you look in history you will find many men that achieved great (or sometimes terrible in case of Hitler, Stalin) things, were not reliant on woman to achieve their goals. Some examples: Elon Musk, Newton, Blaise Pascal, Marcus Aurelius, Nicola Tesla, founding fathers of the US, Einstein, etc...

To be honest if our relationship would be over in the future (which I feel might happen at some point due to different views and ways of handling life situations), I would not have another long-term relationship with a woman. Instead I'd life alone, sometimes hire a girl for some fun, but otherwise just focus on my work, my hobbies & my daughter.

Edited by wolf81
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Shame it didn't work. your stupid posts are becoming rather annoying.

But still get quite a few replies, a lot from GG himself though.

PS. I got suspended for using the word stupid!

But I guess it is the posts you are calling stupid and not GG himself.

Edited by KannikaP

The word "Love" is hopelessly overstated and exaggerated and difficult to quantify in any reliable measure.  So often used insincerely.

Generalizations with a hint of truth:

For the man: "Pussy makes the heart grow fonder". For the woman: "Economic improvement makes the heart grow fonder"

The woman fakes the orgasm, the man fakes the relationship.

And what really matters about how that word "LOVE" is used, depends on who is doing the loving - to whom or to what!

• Like 1