Girlfriend in/near Korat not responding fear Covid

Fireyfish

My girlfriend who lives in a village near Korat and who emails me weekly hasn't responded since her last email on 29 July  and hasn't collected some money I sent her via WU, her phone rings out  ... last email said there was Covid in her village and it was very scary ... she volunteered a few days a week in a local women's clinic ... I'm very worried 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Less than 1% of the population of Korat Province have so far been infected with COVID.

That doesn’t mean she’s not infected or not at risk but it suggests a low probability of COVID being the cause of her disappearance.

The fact her phone seems to be charged but is not answered suggests it’s not been lost or misplaced.

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

try to add her number on different messengers to see, if she is there and when active last time.

To gmail you can get add on application which reports, if email was red.

I would also write in korat local forum and ask, if anybody lives close by and can go to her home, call village headman, amphur, local hospital.

if she was infected, she would immediately write to you, even before getting tested

there must be another explanation, than covid.

On fb there might be local group, there even might be local expat group

She doesn't do facebook ... when I say girlfriend she is in he 50's ... looking after a mother who has advanced dementia and is a total invalid ... has an 80 year old father and an adopted 8 year old daughter .... hasn't read my emails since 30 July and not touched the money I sent 31 July .... a MVA is another option ... she usually emails me twice a week. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

How long did you know her? She might be busy working right now, and will call you back when finished. 

I thought everyone used some kind of social media these days if not at least skype. 

She hasn't reacted since juli , we are in sept now . How busy working can she be Hummin ?? 

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

She hasn't reacted since juli , we are in sept now . How busy working can she be Hummin ?? 

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

How long did you know her? She might be busy working right now, and will call you back when finished. 

I thought everyone used some kind of social media these days if not at least skype. 

I've known her for nearly 10 years ... she is a farmer and had a small clothing stall at the markets pre Covid ... she doesn't do social media .... in English anyway 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Fireyfish said:

I've known her for nearly 10 years ... she is a farmer and had a small clothing stall at the markets pre Covid ... she doesn't do social media .... in English anyway 

I understand you worry, so hope se is okay. Good luck 

• Like 2

Do you know anyone in Korat at all? A trip to this address would be an errand a local motosai driver might be happy to undertake for say 1k b. If you don't try posting on one of the TV local forums asking help. There are plenty farangs in the Korat area so I am sure a TV member will pop up to help out. Just send them the money/info and I am sure they'll be able to organize a rider out. Good luck. I know how stressful a situation with a loved one going missing can be.

Edit: There's an Isaan local forum.

• Like 1

A post containing personal information has been removed.  Doing so in the future will result in a suspension.  

2) You will not use ASEANNOW.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

The rules are here:   https://aseannow.com/terms/